Anyone noticed a rise in hate tells ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Tasogie

In last week I ahve had over 20 tells with hate speech (usually young Americans thinking they are internet gang bangers).. Most consist of your mother tells and or death threats. One idiot even told me he was a son of mafia "don" lol an was gonna kill my whole family. I must admit I found him quite funny. Since he couldn't spell Mafia correctly, an called it "Maffya".
    Other ones I get a lot of, are strange. Usually they are tells saying "You have no honor *****" or "Obviously your a COD player since you cant fight me fair".

Always amuses me that one. Apparently sniping people at Vehicle stations is tant amount to murder or being a rock spider. As it brings a lot of hate LOL
    • Up x 1
  2. DooDooBreff

this is a cool story, of course people are going to get mad at you if you are waiting around to shoot people while theyre in a menu screen.. but thats what youre after anyway right?

at the end of the day, if youre bothered by american culture you could always just go cheese kill people on whatever continent of complete politeness, and anti american sentiment you live on.

also just FYI "tantamount" has no spaces... just a heads up for next time you try to convince americans how smart you are
    • Up x 1
  3. Jubikus

Why dont people ever get mad at me when i do this and send me hate tells. I dont feel like im doing a good job unless i get some hate tells and i get them very rarely hell i get them about as much as i get tells complimenting me. I feel left out. Maby its because when i do get them and i get called a sniping coward or a shotty ****ter my response is usually "sure am" or the best is if they call me garbage or a noob or something along thees lines i ask "this may be true but what does that make the guy that just got killed by him?" people dont know how to respond when you agree with them.
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

Are rock spiders one of the species that can cause necrosis with their bite?
  5. Azawarau

I actually have mixed experiences

Sometimes i get that and i always kill them with kindness because its hilarious

Sometimes someone messages me to say i landed a nice shot or something like it

Sometimes i provoke it

A guy named SneakyPearlHabor tried to C 4 my sunderer and i shot him down before he got close

I messaged him saying "That wasnt sneaky at all"

And he replied with "Neither was Pearl Habor"

And it was amazing
    • Up x 2
  6. Tasogie

Yes you do get the occasional fun ones who take it as a joke. But with today's gaming generation you dont see many....
    Killing some one at stations is definition of war game. You are stopping them form getting tanks etc to kill your people. 100% game play an everyone should do it. People who dont like it or cant handle it.... tough **** its their fault not mine when I kill them. They are at fault every single time they die. :)

In words of oldschool MMO playewrs
    "Red is dead"
  7. Jubikus

I cant say this ive always been the red team.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Savadrin

There is only the Horde.
  9. Savadrin

DooDoo, you're always so sensitive about the AA sentiment thing, perhaps a tad oversensitive?

At any rate, I consider vehicle denial to be both fun, effective, and troll-y enough to incite rage. When people threaten to switch and TK me, I usually ask if they'll help me cap point first. Or, I'll merely remind them that they probably couldn't even get to where I was without being killed.

I get sniped at terminals regularly when I'm on a 'rasser stint. I only stop to kill the sniper if it's a big enough inconvenience, but I laugh every time I hear the "tink" while choosing my vehicle.
  10. DooDooBreff

in fairness.. it seems the euros or wherevetehfuh ppl are from like to turn anything negative (which is a human thing not an american thing) into something about bashing the states, ill always defend them. really they should be thankful we're here to guard their borders from half a world away.
    • Up x 2
  11. JohnGalt36

Take screenshots and post them on www.reddit.com/r/ps2ragetells

Though, I would send you rage tells as well. There are few things more obnoxious than getting killed in a menu screen. Usually I just send rage yells in that situation to warn everyone about the camper. Not that I haven't camped a vehicle terminal or two in my day, though...
  12. Tasogie

eh I get killed too, its part of the game.It isn't about bashing Americans by the way. it's just facts. Young lads who seem to think their middle class upbringing means their "well ard" when in fact they dont know meaning of the word. Never mind the fact they start trying to talk in gangster speech or whatever it is.

(I always switch to full blown Cockney slang, that confuses hell out of them). Kept callin one lad "Guvna" all night an "do wot" drove him silly. :D
    • Up x 1
  13. JohnGalt36

I've gotten rage tells from Koreans, Europeans, and Americans. I've never noticed any disproportionate groups. The Korean rage tells are always the best, though.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheFlamingLemon

Camping vehicle spawns with a sniper rifle is cheese. It takes no skill and guarantees kills, and your victims have no way of preventing themselves from dying. Nothing is preventing you from doing that, but it is skill-less and takes fun out of the game. If you want to be respected as a player, I would recommend taking a different strategy. Any disrespect you face, at this point, is of your own free will and choice.
    • Up x 1
  15. Tasogie

So let me get this right, your blaming me an calling me some silly insult because I try to stop your side spamming tanks n such to kill my side?.

Interesting I guess it should be made so you cant kill anyone unless they are looking at you an have a really big gun pointed at you ?:).
    My point being its YOUR fault if I kill you. I am utterly blameless an did exactly what the game is created for. You should be defending yourself, by having people watching over you. Why dont you have a counter sniper out hunting me, why dont you have a Sundy parked in front of the terminal why dont you make sure there's none round first...
    Ttheres a dozen ways to protect yourself. I am playing the game exactly as Devs intended. I dont really care if I am respected or ignored. I am playing a mindless computer game designed as a entertainment medium. Nothing more.Ganing hate tells is irrelevant an most of time quite amusing, it's just a by product of young ones being unable to handle the game.
  16. TheFlamingLemon

I never insulted you, nor did I ever say a majority of the things you seem to think that I did. I'm simply pointing out that the disrespectful tells you receive are a direct result of your actions.
  17. customer548

What about those vehicules camping defenders' spawns with Bulldogs, AI tank rounds spam, harassers, shotguns LAs on top roof ?
  18. Jamuro

i miss hate tells ... got at least 2-3 and maybe one hackusation a day a year ago ... and now nothing :(
    Seems to be a server specific thing ... or i just need to get gud again
  19. GhostAvatar

Its Christmas, the CoD kiddies have no school. Hence the increase of tells that sound like they come from some 12 year olds, because they probably do. Now go get shrekt for being a vehicle terminal camper :p
  20. Azawarau

I dont think you realize What youve said here