Anyone notice something... off with the LAs in the VR?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Flukeman62, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Flukeman62

They are ALL holding assault rifles! :eek:
    Is this SOE doing some foreshadowing?
    Or is this just a plain old mistake?
  2. Jjetty

If you ask me, LAs should have had Shotguns from the very beginning. As in being the default weapons for them when you start out in the game. Every other class' starting weapons seem to make perfect sense to me because each weapon fits their class. (Although one could say Infiltrators could have had SMGs or Engineers have shotguns but were not talking about them.)

So why Shotguns? I guess given the Light Assault's description and role it seems more fitting to be equipped with a more powerful close-medium range weapon other then a Carbine, which is more of a "Standard issue" kind of weapon..
  3. Wolfwood82

Do you pay attention to other people when they talk? Because it seems like you have absolutely no idea what the OP said and you just walked in here with an entirely different topic to discuss. Really rude and really irritating.

There are a number of suspicious things about the VR zone. Can't really put my finger on it but some weapons seem to feel and function differently in VR then the normal game.

I noticed that the Hailstrom seems to fire faster then the Armistice when I know it should be the other way around. At least the Hailstrom sounds faster, don't know if it actually does fire faster and the Armistice seemed to take less time to go through 30 rounds then the Hailstrom. Didn't test it very much though.

Other little quirks that I can't quite put my finger on.
  4. Ghoest

IMO "Cover" camo is far more effective than anything else available. It should have been the starter suit for NC.
  5. Jjetty

Not nearly as rude and irritating as the way you pointed out my mistake. A simple "I think you misread the subject title, this is about the VR training area" would have done just fine.
  6. vaxx

I agree with Wolf here.

Almost every gun I try in the VR area seems awesome. Maybe its the fact all targets are still? Maybe the fact the targets dont have any upgrades (flak, nano, etc)? Not sure but even wall targets seem so easy to put a huge pattern on. Yeah something seems to make every weapon feel real good.

I never noticed what the LA's were using for a weapon though. I would take an AR on mine with a huge smile. I love those guns, but hate playing the Medic. I am sure people would cry if LA ever did get acess to them.
  7. ladiesop

It is because the targets are still. Shooting a stationary or slow moving target makes them drop easily; unpredictably moving targets are impossible to track to keep all bullets on unless you're using aimbots. A player who is sprinting and slowing down to a run and moving in different directions in cover will be hit far less (they don't become impossible to hit, but the percentage of shots aimed at them that hit will go way down) unless you get really lucky in how you predict where they go.

With practice, compensating for recoil is as easy as breathing; but sometimes you have to sprint. This would be hitting fast moving targets in a 'stressful' situation. This might also be a factor.

LAs getting AR? generally AR are a straight upgrade from Carbines, apart from hipfire COF. A light assault getting into a high position and shooting down will become a lot more powerful, as they won't have double damage drop-off.
  8. vaxx

That is pretty much what I said.

Thats why I said they would cry.
  9. Demyer

During character creation there's a LA on screen with either an assault rifle or lmg.
    Maybe they used that model for VR.
  10. Skadi

My NC's EM1 seems to be far more accurate and deadly in the VR... but actualy in fights I go through 20 hit markers and the accuracy of my weapon is slightly anoying
  11. Flukeman62

nah. because that character creation model is lots of classes put together
  12. Wolfwood82

Ah but see, had you paid attention to which topic you were on, I wouldn't have commented.
    ---
    And it's not just that they are still targets. The Jag seems to have a vastly superior horizontal recoil in VR (pretty much zero horizontal recoil) but in the field it still bounces back and fourth. This is with fore grip in both VR and normal game play. Not all the quirks that I've noted were accuracy based either. Like I said though, it's really hard to put my finger on it. Just doesn't seem like the specs match up between VR and normal game.
  13. Jjetty

Thats fine. Had you made a better comment, I wouldn't have criticized it. :)

I wonder (and hope) they'll implement moving targets for just this reason, not only would it help with training (though bots are not as effective as real players) in some cases but help a player determine weather or not a type of weapon they want to buy is a good idea or not. I say this because even with good practice, there are some who do better with weapons that say, have a low rate of fire and magazine size while others are good with opposite and can down multiple targets.
  14. Flukeman62

there is a speed downgrade with assault rifles (only slight but still there) and AR accuracy is affected more by movement (although I can't be sure of this one its something i feel i have read somewhere but i can't remember where so i cant look it up again to make sure)
  15. commandoFi

16. Flukeman62