Anyone know? Never got a chance to test

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Navron, May 21, 2015.

1. Navron

If you didn't know, you can hack an enemy's auto-turret if you EMP it first. What I never got the chance to test was if a Decoy Grenade was used on an auto-turret, would you still be able to hack it? Anyone know?
    • Up x 1
  2. eatcow0

They removed decoy nades
  3. Navron

I'm aware. I really wish they didn't though. I was just asking if anyone had tried to use them to hack an auto-turret.
  4. cobaltlightning

While I have never tested the whole 'hacking' of a spitfire turret (that is making it your own and not simply disabling it for a time) I highly doubt it would be possible anyway. It counts as an Engineer Deployable: If spitfires can be hacked, so can both variants of the Mana Turret, which would cause more balance issues than it's worth. And even then only Engies could use those still because reasons.
  5. Navron

We tested it in my outfit and it worked. You are able to hack EMPed spitfires for your faction. We came across it by accident when I EMPed a room and ran straight into a spitfire while it was down. It gave me the "E to hack" prompt. It caught me off guard so I wasn't able to do it there but members of my division tested it out and it worked.
  6. RedArmy

u can hack it, by destroying it and putting yours in its place and saying u hacked it
  7. Navron

L33T
  8. Navron

To be honest, hacking spitfires really isn't practical. A stalker might have the best chance of pulling it off but other than that, it's probably not worth the effort.
  9. Epicstrat

Yes you can but its not worth the unessecary risk. Spitfires kinda suck all by themselves and you are pretty vulnerable while hacking for something that probably won't even kill someone. Also, I've had a hacked spitfire kill an enemy a few times and it counted as a teamkill for the person who placed it originally.

The best I can say is that it might serve as an early warning for people sneaking up on you, or as a distraction so you can knife someone real quick.
  10. Navron

That is golden. Didn't know that.
  11. Colinljx

Did you get any kill xp for the kills from that hacked turret?
  12. Navron

I spent a lot of time hacking spitfires when I ran into them this weekend, especially around Sundies and the gun deck of Tech Plants.

SO, SO GLORIOUS.
  13. AlterEgo

Never knew you could hack the turretso_O I'll have to remember that the next time I see one!
  14. Campagne

Wow! I'll have to try that out next time I see one.

Thanks for the tip!