Anyone kind of LIKE the mission system?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Mar 27, 2014.

1. MasterCheef

Yes, its a bit intrusive at first, but i think with some refinement it can be a very nice addition. It gave me a sense of direction when playing solo. It also felt like a peek at what the overall faction goal is. I like it so far. Hopefully it can become more complex and develop a better algorithm for where best to attack and defend. It should also coincide with the alerts.

There needs to be a "ding" and some XP or something when you accomplish the mission. It also NEEDS a toggle. Even though i like it, i would also like the option to turn it off when i want to.
    • Up x 9
  2. doombro

Not really. It doesn't give me any information I didn't have beforehand, and doesn't give any solid rewards for following the missions. I also can't select from a list of missions. That would be much more intuitive. Right now it just tells me where to go, without really doing anything to guide me there other than putting a distracting spinning icon on my screen.

I'll like it when it becomes interactive and helps the betterment of the game, but right now it's just a nuisance.
    • Up x 6
  3. LibertyRevolution

No.
    I can fallow the lattice line already.
    This system seems designed for morons.
    • Up x 10
  4. Krayus_Korianis

It should grant at least 1 cert's worth of Xp, at the VERY LEAST.
    • Up x 2
  5. Halcyon

Hate it.
    Can't turn it off. It's invasive and unwanted.
    • Up x 5
  6. WyrdHarper

It rewards squadmembers for being the wrong place a lot of the time, so it's kind of a disincentive to lead public platoons.
  7. LaRZy

I didn't think it was intrusive as the "UPGRADE NOW!" button :)

But I think this is a very welcome addition to helping new players have a sense of direction and goal. So thumbs up.
  8. Captain Kid

I don't see the point..I spawn at a base, I see the enemy is there to. The mission tells me to defend the base. I already knew that.

There might be more to it but can't play because the server(s) is down.
    • Up x 1
  9. sustainedfire

The system needs refinement, but it seems like a useful potential tool for promoting larger fights.

The Bonus Xp for playing as I normally would is appreciated.
    • Up x 2
  10. LaRZy

Yes but now its your mission ;)
  11. MasonSTL

Remember people this is phase 1 of a multi phase development plan of a mission system that will be very awesome!
    • Up x 2
  12. NinjaTurtle

At the moment it seems kind of uninspired but this is just the first iteration of it so I am still interested to see where it will go from here with directives, the resource revamp and continental lattice no doubt going to be involved somewhat in it's development
  13. Latrodectus

If they really want to solidify the mission system they could make it so that every time you capture a major facility (or certain facilities in general) via the mission system you have like a 10% chance to gain an item like a random camo/weapon.
  14. DarthLang

Well this is the FIRST PART of this idea. Does anyone read the update notes? In the future it will give a small xp boost for people who are participating in the mission. The mission system will also change depending on where you are on the map. After a while SOE has plans for platoon leaders to set a platoon mission that will override the default mission. This will allow for a platoon leader to give a small bonus for the players for following them into battle. This will be really cool... when it is finished.
    • Up x 3
  15. teks

free xp for doing what I'm doing anyay, yes please.
    Also encourages stupid people to stay with the team.
    • Up x 2
  16. Ronin Oni

It's just stage 1.

It WILL get more types of missions, PL/SL designated specific missions, and of course, mission completion rewards.

For now at least it helps focus random Sqd members to follow their squad leader
  17. Wecomeinpeace

Yeah, and untill then it's completely useless and annoying AND YOU CAN'T TURN IT OFF.
    • Up x 2
  18. Degenatron

I like it. I tried it out on the PTS and had no major issues wit it. I'm glad it's finally in the game.
  19. IamDH

The system has potential but its current form isn't very useful from the small time i've used it. It just sends me to the end of the lattice lane i'm in.....

If this is phase 1 im not looking forward to phase 2 that much
  20. HadesR

Might be ok when it's done .. But why oh why implement a half finished feature ? Leave it on the PTS where it belongs until it's completed ..

Seem's more a half arsed way of them saying " We promised weekly updates look "
    • Up x 1