Anyone ever shot down a phoenix before?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naithe, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Naithe

The dev's keep talking about it, and i've tried to shoot them many times but have yet to succeed.

Anyone else had luck? If so please share your story, and with what you did it with. :)

If anyone has an idea how much damage, or have other tips feel free to share as well!
  2. Zitroxious

A tr shot mine with a pistol once
  3. LoneMaverick

I have with a burster MAX quite a few times. When a Phoenix nest is popping its hard NOT to hit a couple of them if you're trying.
  4. Scorponok

they need to slow down their speed so people have a chance to hit them.
  5. talmaru

Shot a few of them down with 50cal Kobalts on my sundy
  6. ScorpDK

I would love to, if the missile was actually where the blue glowing ball is.
    Got killed by a phoenix I was firing at, apparently those missiles use fake glow emitters and have stealth tech, because I saw the rocket at 100m distance, then it blows up in my face.
  7. MissTiger

I asked this a couple of weeks ago: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/anyone-shot-down-a-phoenix-missile-yet.108738/ Seems you can't actually shoot them down, but you can make them go off course. A decent phoenix user can realign them to target though. However, unless it's coming right at you, you're only going to hit it through sheer luck. The problem is, doing it consecutively - put a phoenix user on an ammo pack, and the odds are stacked waaaaay against you.

This one feature of the phoenix is meant to pacify the other factions, but it certainly doesn't work.
  8. Radec594

I did actually, shot one down with my TMG-50 if I remember correctly.

I was on top of a tower, taking out enemy Lightnings with my Striker, and this NC guy kept shooting his Phoenix toward me from behind a rock, so I pulled my LMG and shot at it, the user lost control and it crashed into the building instead.
    It does the little XP reward sound when you shoot one down, although you get no XP for it at the moment.

But yeah, tl;dr spamming bullets in the general direction of a Phoenix missile will usually kick his controller out and make it crash.
  9. Badname82

This is not accurate. When you 'kill' a Phoenix missile, it loses all motive power. You cannot redirect it all it just crashes.
  10. Naithe

wait so if I use a cobalt walker or wahtever to hit a pheonix moving towards my tank, I will still get hit, unless the tank moves? it simply goes dumbfire?

Think I have the same problem, but I suppose it might have to do with how intense a fight is, I've mostly done it when they where spammed, guess I should just try doing it in small fights, that or I suck. =P
  11. p10k56

More difficult is to spot it than shoot it down.
  12. Radioactive Pirate

I've shot down a couple, but they have to be coming dead-on at you to hit them.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goretzu

No, it spins around wildly and then usually plummets like a stone.
  14. CommodoreFrank

I shot down an allied phoenix once while shooting at an enemy. :confused:
  15. Liquid23

does knocking one out of flight with your face count?
    • Up x 1
  16. Purg

I highly doubt that. Being a Phoenix user and having ~50 of my rockets shot off course, you appear to lose the ability to aim it once it's shot off course - and even if you could aim it, would be pointless since it skews off in a random direction. Any decent Phoenix user would 'exit vehicle' at that point.
  17. Sinist

Shoot down a phoenix? Bahahahahahahaha.

I have an island in the Sahara to sell you.

70% of the time they don't even render.
  18. MissTiger

Sorry about that, I was just going by what phoenix users had replied to me in that thread.
  19. Astealoth

i've yet to have a phoenix rocket render for me. get shot by them all the time, but i never see or hear them.

actually, they're the only thing that's managed to kill my prowler since they came out. they are silent killers at all ranges. a sound doesn't even play while i'm getting hit by them, my health just goes down. no way to know what direction they're coming from, so there's no way to retreat except blind luck.
  20. FlayvorOfEvil

I do remember shooting down 3 strikers in a row with my Fury grenades. But my Phoenix rockets get shot down all the time. But why shoot them down when you can sidestep them?