Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dopy7dvs, Nov 25, 2015.

1. dopy7dvs

I have been an ardent supporter of this game since the start. Yesterday, I decided to purchase the 3rd Anniversary pack. Why? I have just about everything in the game...
    I did it to support the PS2 team! Yep! That's what I did. I have purchased the pack every year, and I thought to myself this year, why not support the game I've spent so much time and money on. Why not support the game that has brought me so much joy and frustration? (thousands of hours worth)
    I recently purchased Battlefront....beautiful game but does not even come close to compare to PS2 by means of depth and community participation. I still own it but find myself coming back to play with my outfit members :)
    In short, games like this CANNOT exist without money. If you enjoy this game, I would encourage you to show it by kicking DBG some kind of funds. Maybe boosts? Doesn't have to be expensive. Just a little something to show investors/developers that we appreciate their efforts. Let's show them they CAN make money on games like PS2 which will, hopefully, help further development toward similar games in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dopey

p.s. free-to-play enthusiasts....let's not get out of hands here...

* NOTHING in life worth having is free *
  2. Diilicious

Battlefront and Fallout 4 are pretty but as two dimensional pictures you put on the wall in your house, Planetside 2 is the house itself.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gundem

While the OP may not be quite as eloquent as some, what he says is true.

DBG isn't some greedy corporation with CEO's who have multi-million dollar salaries. Going on strike and refusing to purchase DBC isn't going to help this game.

I mean, look at the ANT's already being implemented! DBG is working hard on improving the game, but face it, PS2 is ******* broke as **** and they barely get by with the current revenue PS2 makes. Imagine if DBG had the money PS2 raked in when it was released. Imagine if they had the development team that SOE had. DBG has a fraction of the manpower or revenue that SOE had, and they already are bringing two of the major PS1 components over to PS2, improved base design and ANT's.
    • Up x 2
  4. Moridin6

~14 a month and you get 5 bucks back in SWAG MONEY..
    can spam tanks and nades and c4 soo much longer
    xp for you And yo friends

did i mention SWAG MONEY
  5. DeadlyPeanutt

wow, you're living in a dream world... happy delusions :)
    take a look at DBG most successful game H1Z1... pay particular attention to the 'most helpful' reviews.... the words 'cash grab' are used again and again.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/295110/

i'll support DBG when they put more content into PS2 than periodic server updates, space pumpkins, spitball turrets, the worthless archer... oh and let's not forget the 'give me money' aka 'get revenge' button.

try prying yourself out of your dream world and notice server populations have dropped by 80-90% in the last two years

'facepalm'
  6. DooDooBreff

fallout 4 is a shameful display by bethesda as they go along watering down their series.

the fanboys who dropped 60$ on an aged engine, and the shallowest fallout yet are afraid to admit this.

that said, i love PS2
    • Up x 2
  7. Bindlestiff

I rate my health as worth having. That is free - at least in the UK.
  8. ronjahn

Actually DBG is owned by Columbus Nova, an investment firm, which most certainly does have CEOs with multi-million dollar salaries. The former President of DBG, John Smedly has a net worth of over $20million dollars.

DBG might be a small studio, but to think they are some starving tiny group of poor programmers is They are backed by some serious coin.

If by free healthcare you mean paid for by one of the highest tax rates on individual income in the world, then sure health care is free in the UK.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bindlestiff

I didn't realise my children had to work and be taxed to receive vital healthcare. My bad.
  10. Gundem

DBG-PS2 is not DBG Corporate. If PS2 can't make a profit, they will get cut. They are an investment firm, not a charity. And I highly doubt that DBG Corporate has the foresight or the understanding that if PS2 got more funding it would produce more money. They likely expect that PS2 either makes money in it's current status or it gets cut.
    • Up x 1
  11. RedArmy

PS2 is a small drop in the bucket when it comes to DBG. you have to remember they are also working on EQ3, quite possibly the WoW killer if its done right, would end up being the King AND Queen of all MMO RPGs.
    DBG recently hired over 80 digital programmers just last month to work on EQ3 and its AI. Follow the money n we know right where its going for PS2, thats nowhere.
    i love to support PS2 cuz i love the game and ill be here til it inevitably dies, but once EQ3 comes out i doubt ill be anywhere else.
    my prediction is >2018
  12. ronjahn

I
    Don't be ridiculous. Free and paid for by taxes are completely different things. Your children don't have to work and be taxed, but their parents do and even single people without children's tax money is used to pay for your kids "free" healthcare. It's not like the hospitals are doing it for free; it's paid for by the government, which pays for it by using the tax money from the people of the U.K, which happens to be one of the highest taxed areas in the world. That system has its advantages and disadvantages, which is an entirely different conversation; I'm not criticizing the system, I'm just stating facts.
  13. mfdoom7

i dont see that point to charge 40 dollars for virtual items its like EA is doing with battlefront those DLC things. if there is no peformance improvements there is no point to spend money on this game all the ping madness and low fps on massive battles makes me quit game after 2 years.
  14. ronjahn

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by DBG Cororate. Columbus Nova owns DBG, DBG created PS2, as a result Columbus Nova owns PS2; there isn't some middleman third party in there called Daybreak Corporate.

The point of my message is that PS2 is owned by a very rich investment firm. The person I replied to made it seem like DBG was a poor startup company that desperately needs our cash when in reality they are a long standing successful studio owned by a wealthy investment firm who do in fact have multi-million dollar CEOs and could easily keep this game running and pay their employees even if this game were to break even or lose money. Whether those multi-millionaire CEOs would support that or decide to put any money into a 3 year old game whose population is fading fast is an entirely different t conversation.
  15. mfdoom7

SOE created ps2 btw
  16. SQPD

It's also a bad sign that there were ES Heavy weapons in the pack. It means that they are aware that there are so many Heavies and refuse to do something about it. The ES rocket launchers were perfectly fine because Heavy was not the dominant class last year. Makes me want to grab a stalker and brutally shoot (with a non NS pistol) every Heavy on each continent.
  17. CNR4806

With severely limited potential too. The dialogue system and a voiced PC just don't leave much room for either imagination or modding. I eagerly look forward to what the modding community can do once the new GECK is out, but I'm not holding my breath.

In any case, Bethesda games are best bought a year or two after release since they depend so much on the modding community to be truly fun and worth the buck. The hype and BUY IT NAO mentality is beyond amusing.

Back on topic:
    I don't pay devs to do their job. I pay devs for doing their job.

PS2 has been in a very incomplete state since its release... what, two years ago? Improvements since release has limited and increasingly slowing down, tons of promises have went unfulfilled, and the population levels have been gradually going down with no signs of recovery.

Unless things actually turn around and the devs actually show that they care, paying for anything in PS2 is going to be a poor investment.
  18. AxiomInsanity87

So you don't pay tax?.

Can you teach me this trick?.
  19. DeadlyPeanutt

not likely... look at the reviews of H1Z1...
  20. toast2250

Its not just the graphics.
    - The performance vs graphics is horrible. I can run Crysis 2 (has one of the worst AIs ever) on ultra at 60 fps on a now dated machine, while Fallout on medium still drops fps and looks ****!
    - The terminal hacking is atrocious! MY GOD MAN!

I simply don't have the time and will to get into the chores of upgrades and base building/looting. Considering that you can have a more spontaneously stimulating run in PS2 being a sniper for a hour, doing a skirmish in Homeworld 2, AgeOfEmpires, TotalAnnihilation,..

Also the reviewers giving 10's or 0 grades along with their comments that are ridiculous to read.

Vouching for PS2 will be more worth it once the resource mining and base building goes in. Buzz must do a review at that time, it will be hilarious to watch!