Anyone else tired of NS sidearm variants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hegeteus, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Hegeteus

This goes for other weapon categories as well(to be fair, ES variants at least exist there), but how come are there 4 variants of Emissary and at least 3 variants of Underboss, Commissioner and the Pilot, when there are no special variants for our favorite empire specific sidearms?

Right now you can set up a gunslinger loadout with any two of the same NS sidearms or mix them up as freely as you want. Mag-Scatter as the only 100K contender of it's kind will likely not be seeing a variant even if I'd finish the goal, which is a shame because I would've actually gone and done an amazing loadout for 2 mag-scatters whereas I have yet to see a "NS Weapons Guy" exalted with all their variants.

For those curious, I made it to 62000 kills with the mag-scatter before I had to admit that no amount of determination transforms a "bottom shelf" sidearm comparable into a capable primary weapon, which is also what made this race so interesting and challenging. I know my stubbornness might not necessarily credit a special variant, but I believe that something like a golden mag-scatter could send a more inspiring message than SVA-GG 100K did as the direct result of the meta-game, which is what the NS sidearms heavily represent as well alongside sales profit.

I'm not giving up, but I have my fears that mag-scatter won't see a 100K day or at least won't be able to enjoy it for long when or if ever this goal could be completed. I never had impressive stats with it or anything, but the effort and willpower I had for this gun pales with nothing in Planetside's existence. I acknowledged it's heavy downsides, and saw it this far to mend them purely with practice and good sport.

If you don't give a damn about my jarring rambling of mag-scatter, feel free to post what kind of variants you'd like to see. Or if you wouldn't want to see them at all.
  2. Campagne

They had damn well better make a gold-variant Mag-Scatter and give it to you on a silver platter.

I'm really quite annoyed with the excess NS variants as well. Do we really need seven different variants of the Commissioner alone? It just devalues the weapon in my opinion. Makes it a token gimmick rather than a distinct and unique hand cannon.
    • Up x 2
  3. adamts01

Sidearms shouldn't compete with primaries. Stalker cloak is the number 1 reason why this has to be the case.
  4. Hegeteus

Thanks for the input. One of my ideas was, that the TR and VS 4th generation sidearms (AMP, Spiker) get a gold variant too. While none of these is necessarily in best balance shape, these sidearms do represent their factions' unique traits as much as possible.

What frustrates me the most, is that devs disabled picking two of the same items for loadouts, while that's effectively possible with different NS variants. They won't spend resources on enabling it right now, but they probably could create variants for sale if they believed it to be profitable. However, this is probably too lonely cause for them to support.

I wish I could've contested with Gylle back then, but mag-scatter got off to a really bad start. I don't know how much I should've done with mag-scatter to match Gylle's feat with the old SVA, all I know I spent the same amount of time on this so I must have ultimately just failed. If I wanted a gold mag-scatter, I should've fought for it.
  5. HippoCryties

Umm commissioner + headshots xD
    • Up x 1
  6. Hegeteus

I meant that I foolhardily tried to apply it as one. I thought I could get to 100K as well as any primary user with a ES sidearm, but I was dead wrong.

In order to get my favorite gun immortalized exactly like SVA did, I should have first performed in at least nearly primary weapon capacity. I didn't do badly in my opinion, but my determination didn't get me far enough. That shouldn't have stopped us from celebrating ES sidearms though, which seem as good as abandoned right now
  7. adamts01

That might be the one example. I started running a Baron on my Engi secondary when I carry the Archer, but I simply do worse with that gun than the commissioner, mostly because of the hip fire differences. What's silly is all the folks complaining about the Comissioner nerf to equip time. They're lucky that's all it got.
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

I vote for a psychotic full auto version of the magscatter with INSANE cof bloom :D
    • Up x 1
  9. HippoCryties

I’m one of them
    *Slowly switches of PS2