Anyone else think the snowman PvE really added to the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ManyHats, Dec 21, 2013.

1. ManyHats

Cruising around hunting snowmen in my ESF, whilst guys in enemy skyguard lightnings try to catch me off-guard has been awesome. I've really enjoyed this, and despite PS2 being a PvP centric game, giving us another way to PvP seems like a really, really good addition to the game.

Maybe we could make it more lore-friendly (breaking open caches' of lost Auraxian technology?). "wildlife research samples?". any else for rift-style events? (kill enough babies, and that thing under the ascent that roars at you comes out to fight?)
    • Up x 7
  2. Canaris

nope in fact I think the opposite
    • Up x 4
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

Farmed my title and hood ornament, now back to slaying fascists and technophiles.
    • Up x 2
  4. Chipay

spandexphiles*
    • Up x 1
  5. PanzerShrimp

Its not permanent so yeah, nothing wrong with it.

Im surprised that SOE would even bother with doing things like this (snowman, Christmas C4) in an FPS even if it is classed as an MMO.
  6. Sen7ryFun

It added an extra 6 hours of grinding for a title I'll never use to the game unless I change my characters name to "Nigela Lawson" or "Robert Downey Jr".
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

I've only seen one snowman after ~15+ hours of play on Esamir since they were put in.

But I like to fight on Esamir and that's where the fight is, so it's pretty good in that sense.
  8. NoInstructions

Haven't seen a one, although I'm not looking. The fact that the spawns are static pretty much ruins the fun anyway. Also the rewards aren't good.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hatesphere

Didn't even notice they existed, and the hell if i was gonna trek out of my way to find the little bastards once I did. It was a nice thought though.
  10. Halo572

I spent an hour this morning and found 4 and I understand it is 10 for the title and I don't see bothering with a gold unless it just happens in the next 6.

Pretty underwhelming, just running around looking for them although I did it offpeak, so I only came across a couple of opponents that I avoided apart from 1.

Certainly not as much fun as the pyro title, although I don't know if I would bother with that sort of thing now I don't play at all.

The snowman thing is a push for me to bother and only because I don't have to actually fight while looking for them. If I did it would be instant logout.

Overall - meh/10
  11. PurpleOtter

Not really, it's a distraction at best...
  12. Halcyon

I've seen one.
    Didn't really add anything.
  13. Nexus545

I quite liked finding the Golden Snowman just before some Vanu came along in a harasser. I then proceeded to rub it in that I got the Golden Snowman. I also blew up the harasser with my carbine because they have no amour now.

By the way to those who think there isn't a good reward on double EXP I got 80 certs for the Golden Snowman which I foudn by just leaving the warpgate.
  14. kadney

It would be cool if they would shoot anybody that gets closer than 50 meters with lasers, like a sentry turret.. :D
  15. Regpuppy

As a temporary lighthearted event, I'm ok with it. Permanent event that distracts, doesn't really add anything substantial, and even breaks up the usual combat? Nah, I'd rather not have this all year round.
    • Up x 1
  16. Midnightmare

I dont like this post since its implying that there should be NPC's in planetside.

So No its horrible beyond compare!
  17. ronjahn

Bunch of downers in this thread. I personally have enjoyed the snowman hunt. It added something new to the game and its a bunch of free XP if you happen to find one. I have found 4 while not even looking for them in the middle of battle and was pleased with the extra XP and those situations gave me a good chuckle.

Another bright side is that it has taken people off of Indar and we have had some pretty epic battles on Esamir over the past few days( Aurora Materials is one of my new favorite bases after some of the good fights NC/TR have had there). There was even a queue to get to Esamir mid day yesterday on Waterson and it wasn't even an alert (gasp!)
    • Up x 1
  18. MaxDamage

Baby killing?
    Count me in!
  19. BlamTown

Wow really? I found 10 in 1 hr. Though no gold ones :(
    • Up x 1
  20. Zorro

There has to be a special Christmas event, and the snowmen was a reasonable option. I do like how more players are going on patrols now, as well as infiltrating into enemy territory.
    • Up x 3