[BUG] Anyone else started to get terrible FPS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rillo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Rillo

Just wondering if anyone else started to get terrible FPS and stuttering? Seems to have started about 3-4 weeks ago.

I have an I7 and GTX 680 which until then was running smooth as silk at never less than 30 fps in big battles with pretty much ultra settings.

Now - 2-3fps at equipment terms and 10-20 in big battles. Worst bit is the framerate is not even constantly low but spikes.

PS2 says I am CPU bound?

Anyone managed to fix this? Thanks
  2. lNeBl

With my gtx 970 and 4690k I would easily drop to <30 fps in large battles on ultra. Apparently if you lower all the graphical settings that utilize CPU power it will somewhat fix your fps issues. This includes shadows(i think), and flora, and maybe particles.

I've gone ahead and lowered almost everything to minimum though :p
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

Everything to minimum except for rendering quality.
  4. Ballto21

i got a terrible fps when i downloaded the game
  5. sIcGER

fps wise nothing changed fore me, but since few weeks theres some kind of hickup once a minute or so. sound is fine but video freezes for about 1 second... could be my old graphics card ofc
  6. Turkeys!

It's probably not going to help much but maybe a defrag would help speed your game up a tiny bit. Do you have anything you recently installed that could be eating up resources, or upgraded drivers that may be causing an issue?
  7. customer548

Being "CPU bound" with an I7 is a bit surprising, or am i wrong ?
    Perhaps should you update your Processor drivers, or Motherboard drivers ?
    I assume that you updated your GPU drivers.

Perhaps should you also disable Shadows, Flora, Terrain,Bloom, Ambient Occlusion in order to get more Fps. Is your Vertical Synch off ? Is Smoothing on ? Try to low down all Graph settings, but keep "Graphics Quality" as High.

I also remember that with my I5, i have been "CPU bound" during several weeks. After an update, i suddenly became "GPU bound". From the start to the end, i kept my I5 and my old Gtx 560. Perhaps should you just wait for a PS2 patch/update in order to find a solution to your problem.
  8. BlueSkies

CPU bound is pretty much the default. You'll only see GPU bound if the game process is consistently waiting on the GPU to finish tasks.