Anyone else sick and tired of Rocket Pods?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Puukainais, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fear The Amish

Yeah i bought a skygaurd because they were decent during most of beta.... that was a waste of SC... 2 - 3 clips to kill an ESF and with their massive bullet drop its really hard to line up shots so usually i hit him 5-6 times and make him fly away. Never felt more useless in my life. Personally i think the A2G capabilities are fine just need a boost to the skygaurds/AAmax
  2. Valeriu

The air, and to a lesser extent the vehicle, situation is getting out of hand. They are just so dominating. I can rack up silly amounts of kills with scythes. With virtually no danger at all.

Get a large group so you dont get out numbered by ESFs and then you can jsut pound the ground with impunity, if anyone shoots back, skim the ground to lose the lock or missile, and grab a quick repair......its silly.

Tanks are very similar though not as mobile as aircraft so massed AV may actually do something on occasion.

But the main issue is the zerg. Something needs to be done about it, as all this game is turning into is one giant circle jerk. We zerg one continent whilst the other faction zerg another. Steamrolling base after base after base will a tank column and so many ESFs you can only describe it as a swarm.
    Its not FPS, its follow the zerg train.
  3. Cyridius

You need ALOT of Burster Maxes to be effective AA.
    How much do you ask? Roughly this much;
  4. Tuco

In 3 weeks this is what every battle is going to look like, not just when you got enemy backed into the warpgate. Planes and AA, that's it. Whoopty do *twirls finger*.

I like how right after you revive players they just run off like, "Hey it's cool I can live with 1/4th of my total health".
  5. Brandon

So, let us get this straight. Because you spent 700 SC on your weapon, that allows you to, with a great deal of impunity and from relative safely, snipe and kill targets at hundreds of meters, you are upset that another player, who also spent 700 SC plus, more than likely, certs into an infrared scope in addition, can find you when you stand in the open and put a stop to sniper shenanigans?
    • Up x 1
  6. Brandon

I can shoot down another plane in 1-2 clips, I think, from a hailstorm if I land most of my shots. That's about 3 seconds to unload a clip, plus a second or two for reload (just guessing here). So, within 10 seconds. give or take, I can take down a plane with my plane.

On the other hand, as HA, you have a 3 second lock, a 3 or 4 second reload, and you have to wait for the plane to get in range and hope you hit, even with the lock. Assuming 6 seconds per shot and each shot hits, you need, what, 3 or 4 HA rockets to kill the fighter?

The problem is you're using the wrong weapon.

The correct one-to-one, mano-on-mano counter to air is air.
  7. Tuco

8. SunnyDee

You expect players to sink their hard earned certs into one specialization, that in no way benefits anything but Air? You're right they aren't, you are.
  9. Meiu

Don't need to be invisible to overload generators, it's much easier just to fly in, hack it, fly out, and move on. Hacking terminals is a novel at best. Hacking turrets is also novel. Also, infiltrator is basically unable to even defend itself, while invisible you aren't invisible, turn up your gamma a bit and you can easily see cloakers as if they didn't even have it. Then all the other issues with the class. With LA you can c4 tanks, break the generators, fly up top and pick people off, or basically run around with a shotgun and mow down anyone even comes to try and fix the generators. Infiltrator is just an inferior class atm because it only does everything worse than other classes.
  10. SirBurning

Go in with a small group. Hack a Vehicle and class terminal in a tower for example. Spawn tanks and switch classes is such a powerfull tactic. Honestly if you think Infiltrator is useless for anything else than sniping you're doing something very wrong. It's a teamgame. Dont expect a class to be usefull on their own.
  11. Meiu

Many classes are completely useful on their own for example, LA.
  12. Ashur

The worst thing of it all is that you get no experience for it in the end, a skyguard on a good day will get half of what a anti infantry lightning would get on a horrible day.
  13. TheBumble

If anyone says they don't ever get killed by rocket spammers, I'm calling bulls**t. Now that people have found the new point and click easy kill XP farming system, its being spammed to death by every Johnny MouseHero out there. Wheres our air cover? Spamming their rockets at the one infantry guy WAAAY out in the hills instead of clearing the skies like they should be.

It was a dumb move on SOE's part for even introducing it in the first place, as it showed their P2W model at its best. At this time in the game there are no counters to it unless you get 10 heavies together and MAYBE their targets a crappy pilot that forgets to move. I loved the above comments saying all it takes is skill to take a rocket spammer out..XD Obviously we can see who the subbers are who've spent their money to get the fire and forget missiles. Now if only they could come out of their clouds and remember the mortals down below have to grind normal certs to unlock theirs. Which ain't gonna happen right away as we have better things to unlock to deal with the unbroken parts of the game.

Nerf the rockets or buff the AA to what its supposed to be, aircraft killers...
  14. italktowalls

i think they are fine.
    everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. who are u to tell me im wrong? just because u have a different opinion then me doesnt mean im wrong.
  15. PoopMaster

Rocketpods aren't the issue in my opinion. Skygaurd maybe needs an accuracy boost, but ESFs could use a slight health nerf. Nothing too crazy, but they feel too tanky at the moment. I fly them sometimes and getting shot up by AA only takes away half my health most of the time.
  16. asmodai

Example, most of my platoon doesn't have Nemesis yet. I do. 4 enemy mosquitos and a gunship. Every time I had even a tracking lock, it was flare fest. And by the time I manage to fire one, acceleration is hit and rocket generally never makes it. By the time I am done reloading, the flares are up again. Yes, once again, I'm feeling very effective as a HA. </sarcasm>
  17. ToxicThudnderGas2

aa tears up my reaver......especially aa maxes
  18. Champagon

19. Crator

Why they don't prevent posts in threads that haven't been active for a long period of time is beyond me.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.