Anyone else sick and tired of Rocket Pods?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Puukainais, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RageMasterUK

Lastly, all you have to do is point the Grounder at aircraft and they leave. I call it the 'go away' weapon, which really is all you want aircraft to do. They can't actually cap a base, if they are flying around pointlessly then you are winning...
  2. Odin

Had many big infantry battles on Esamir last night, so many bursters, heavys etc tanks and air couldnt even get inthe area so it was very cool.
    Dunno whats going on on your server but infantry zergs are always present on mattherson.
  3. Endertome

I really think the stationary AA turrets need to, at least, take greatly reduced damage from aircraft so they can live long enough to do their jobs.

This would promote strategies like utilizing infiltrators to hack them/sabotage them, or blowing the AA turrets off with ground armor before the aircraft move in.

Of course, the defending side also has to be smart enough to actually man the turrets, too.
    • Up x 1
  4. Aktarus

my 700 SC AA missile launcher barely do 15/20% dmg on a ESF, and thats when the pilot is noob enough to escape in a straight line, otherwise he will make a 180 while my missile will lost the lock.

Dont know where you can spawn an ESF already half damaged but if 2 HA missiles kill you stop to use this terminal imo
    • Up x 1
  5. Zedek

You are lying. Missiles do not merely do 15-20% damage to an ESF.

I can't believe you just said the Hawk only does 15-20% damage. You know people can just look up the amount of damage a weapon does right? It actually doesn't help your case to just blatantly lie.

However, I will admit that 2 missiles don't outright kill me. They put me in the red with what looks like just under 10% of my HP, and set me on fire. Technically it's that fire that kills me if I don't get on the ground quickly, yet safely. However, the guy who shoots the missile gets the credit for the kill. So yeah.

Also, it's not as simple as just doing a 180.... it depends where the missile is coming from....
    • Up x 1
  6. Endertome

You're right. They do 0 damage because he pops flares, comes around, and kills you with rocket spam. 1000 certs well spent.
    • Up x 1
  7. DaninTexas

Spawn a MAX with AA - or spawn a HI with AA missile. Last night I spent an hour and a half at the citidel killing scythes - Got about 150 credits. As someone that only plays the ground game.... I love enemy air - gets me alot of credits.

Oh BTW - this is not a leet solo sniper game. This is a team based game. When you are rock and someone brings paper - you better have scissors nearby or you are going to lose. I don't complain when you are a mile away hiding behind a rock and you head shot me.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tuco

The game was more fun in beta before rocketpods and Liberators insta-killed everything in the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tuco

Suuuuure, half of everyone in rocketpod ESF's, half of everyone else in AA. How exciting.

*sarcasm off*
    • Up x 1
  10. Zedek

Wait 5 seconds inside a building or behind some trees, then shoot him again. Easy.

Okay, then don't even try deal with air and let them stomp you. Wtf is wrong with you? Also, you'd only need a small number of people with AA.

By the way, did you know that HAs with the Grounder/Hawk/Nemesis can still do other things besides shoot at aircraft? Yeah there's this thing called "dumb fire" that still allows you to engage armor. Then, if you push the number 1, it switches to what is known as your "primary weapon", allowing you to shoot infantry. But no, literally have the army will be aircraft, and the other half will be dedicated AA.

Oh this is fun!

If you'd bothered to read my post you'd also see I'm a proponent of buffing the Burster, M20 Bulldog, and A30 Walker. But please, continue to ignore my points while spouting inane nonsense.
  11. IshanDeston

Yes, the game was amazing during beta. I've told everyone about it, and now i am getting to defend why i suggested people to waste their time.
  12. Tuco

Suuuuure, half of everyone in rocketpod ESF's, half of everyone else in AA. How exciting.

*sarcasm off*

You don't get it. This game is going to devolve to a point where everyone is only going to be playing ESF's/Liberators and AA. Snipers, light assault, tanks, etc are going to become an endangered species.
    • Up x 1
  13. Roxputin

Get dual bursters for the MAX. These are the most effective way to ward off aircraft. Do not even bother with th skyguard as it is ineffective as an AA platform.

Remember, a single dual- weilded AA MAX can take out a single ESF with rocketpods. Now if there is a swarm of ESFs with rocketpods around, expect to get annihilated within seconds. And again, steer clear of the skyguard.
  14. VoidMagic

please start a thread about this so I can support you. your so right.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zedek

You don't get it. AGAIN I have to repeat myself. This will be the 3rd time I've said this, so pay attention; I'm a proponent of buffing the Burster (slightly) and improving the M20 Basilisk and the A30 Walker... how would that make tanks become an "endangered species"?

Also, INFILTRATORS (not snipers) should comprise a much smaller portion of your force compared to everyone else, and there will be plenty of infantry targets for them to snipe, and plenty of turrets/terminals to hack.

Sorry you can't solo the game with your sniper. This isn't that kind of game. Get in a squad, or better yet, get in an outfit, and use the appropriate combination of forces to take out the enemy. Rockets should not, and I expect, will not be nerfed to the point where they can't kill an infiltrator.

"OMG I'm so tired of the bullet spam! Whenever I run somewhere I get shot but bullets! NERF!" :/

Either find appropriate cover while sniping, stay relatively close to your forces so they can help you against ESF, or run the risk of being bombarded because you thought it would be okay to just sit on top of a mountain without any support.
  16. Zedek

The controls aren't that hard to master... just buy one and fly around at your warp-gate practicing.

Also, from your post it sounds like the problem is that Base Turrets are too delicate. So why not advocate buffing the blast resistance of Base Turrets rather than nerfing rocket pods? I think they're a little too vulnerable against tanks as well.

Turrets obviously can't move, they light up with a red triangle, and on top of all of this really aren't that durable. So start a thread to buff their durability. Once they start shooting they will kill anyone that doesn't take evasive action right away, so either way the airspace will be cleared.
  17. SirBurning

Can light assault hack terminals? Can light assault go invisible to overload a generator at the otherside of the base? Can light assault Hack turrets?

NO, but I whould not be surprised if you didnt even know Infiltraitor can hack stuff..
  18. Azurewind

What an amazing counterargument. I can't even begin to fathom the vast intelligence you posses behind that snide drive-by of a comment.

I point out that an infiltrator out in the open against an ESF is indeed helpless, and that's not a failure of the game mechanics, and that sustained focused fire from 5 AA burster MAXes actually does kill ESFs quickly, and I conclude with the fact that YES, AA should be buffed.

So all that means I don't even play the game?

Yeah, you got me there bro. Good job :rolleyes:

If you're going to complain about something being over/underpowered, at least complain from a scenario that actually makes sense, not one that results from poor planning where you should be losing 100% of the time anyway.

That way it's more effective at getting the intended changes you want implemented, and not simply seen as random frustration with no intelligent analysis behind it.
  19. Bonga

call in A to A support all them A to G can do anything vs A to A flyboys ..
    the problems in PS2 is. you cant in a easy way call in support.. u need them A to G weapons when u run into a big tank blob..
    and you need A to A when you run into a blob and A to G blob ect..
  20. PoopMaster

I'm just tired of tanky ESFs. Attack craft are supposed to be strong, but not tanky.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.