Anyone else sick and tired of Rocket Pods?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Puukainais, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puukainais

As infiltartor myself, it feels like waste, that 700 SC i spent on my weapon, because there are only few good spots ( and those are mainly on base fights ) were you won't be sat on with an Aircraft who goes round and round for 5 minutes just to spam those freaking rockets on you and you can't do anything about it. Ofcourse you could Cloak and run away ( like, not change the spot, because obvl that would not work) but run, run away from the spot and loose all the potential again.

Its been 3 days so far, that everytime i am in a good location, i got camped by an Rocket Pod user and it feels like asking for a refund, because i can't really do anything about them!

The only places i can camp and look for heads are IN base camps ( platform fights ) and or near the shield fights, were there are little base camps around them so air can't just scoop around, but if you are trying to go ninja solo mode, its pretty much pointless.

End of rant.
    Expecting useless comments and maybe some opinions.
    Thanks
    • Up x 2
  2. Thardus

Never seem to be that much of an issue for me as infantry. Are you in cover at all, or just trying to flank while standing out in the open?
    • Up x 3
  3. IshanDeston

*raise hand*

I am very much sick of it. I stopped playing for today, because of it. Can't do anything... always have 4-5 damn Scythes or Mosquitos over your head that carpetbomb the area. And if you roll Anti air, you maybe can kill one of the bad pilots, but the good ones? Forget it, they eat you alive for daring to even bring something out that could hurt them (not that it does)
    • Up x 3
  4. Puukainais

Well, it takes me about 3 more minutes to get all around the place + i try to use my Cloak just not to get spotted ) and take the best cover + visibility spot i can. Usually infantry even if i kill him can't find me and if they do i cloak and change the location by like, huge.. spot lol.

I guess they should make Sniper rifles even if their damage is huge spammable, because thats how Armor Pods are, AIR IS HARDER TO COUNTER BUT THEY GOT HUGE DAMAGE AND THEY CAN SPAM IT. So why can't Sniper have HUGE damage and spammable weapons? + They are low on armor and hp. That's bs.
  5. Duckforceone

1 liberator, 2 mossies with rocket pods over a small sized base, almost no matter how much infantry you have, you can't get enough AA out to kill them before they kill you when they hover there...

Not even a heavy with launcher, will survive long enough to get a lock...

only option would be to respawn so much, that they run out of ammo before they take the base...
    • Up x 3
  6. Thardus

So, where's your Reavers? You don't bring a knife to a gun-fight.
    • Up x 5
  7. Kameho

Also sick of rocket pods. And im a Lib pilot.
    Dont mind its damage towards tanks and ground vehicles. but it is way to universal, can kill off dozens of Infantry (If they blob up, usually around spawn points), not to mention quickly kill enemie galaxies and Liberators.
    (1-2 volleys on a lib. 2-3 volley on a galaxy). Their just as effective A2A as A2G.

One thing i never get tired of seing is amount of threads about this issue. Keep em coming.
    • Up x 1
  8. Duckforceone

So by your argument, i would need reavers to take out air targets?

What's AA for then? It's meant to be a counter to air, but when AA's TTK is so low, air can counter you too fast no matter what you are in.
    • Up x 3
  9. Puukainais

Sooner or later they will do something about it.

If its so easy to kill everyone els with Air, they should downgrade their defense and make rockets faster ( heavy ) or something.
  10. Thardus

A single HA or Max suit in the open? Of course they can't take down air. Get a dozen of them though, or even a mere three or four in some good terrain, and shoot down Libs and ESFs all night and all day.

As for your situation, you're talking about the base being capped. So, clearly the enemy has infantry. You also have infantry. It's a fair fight. However, the enemy has air, while you don't have air. Well, then, sorry to say, but you deserve to lose that fight, because the enemy is better prepared than you are.
    • Up x 4
  11. Kriga

cloak won't work, because roketpoders use infrared sight on pods to spot infantry. killed many cloaked infiltrators with my OP- pots...
  12. InHumanTurtle

Well, personally I'm sick and tired of people not understanding how this game works.

This is a team-based game, if there is an aircraft flying around and is able to "camp" you for a long period of time without any resistance, then your team and/or you are doing something very wrong. As an infiltrator, you cannot expect to do anything to an aircraft without support from friendly vehicles and HA soldiers. You could always pull out your sidearm and shoot it a few times, a lot of noob pilots will get scared and fly away as the sound makes them think they are in far more danger than they are (does not work as well if they can see it's just you with a pistol though) but that's about it.

Since these aircraft were able to do what you said, I presume there were no other teammates around? Why weren't you closer to them? Why weren't they paying attention to their surroundings? Why were you "camping" in the first place when you should be looking not at areas where you can get the most kills, but where your team is in need of long-range precison shooting? (e.g. a bunch of guys attempting to move in on a shield generator covered by enemies on rooftops)

If you're really tired of playing with a dumb team, then look around for some good squads, or even join an organised outfit, hell, if you can't do that just say in the chat "Sniper here getting attacked by aircraft, we need more AA" and maybe people will listen. An infiltrator CANNOT do everything alone, to get rid of aircraft your team needs AA, their own aircraft, perhaps some epic accuracy with a tank gun, and most of all, coordination. This game was not built to facilitate lone-wolf players like other games are, it's combined arms warfare on a massive scale that requires teamwork and roles to be filled by the thousands of players you are with.

This applies to everything in the game, don't expect to spawn a single skyguard and destroy all enemy fighters alone (this used to be an issue in beta to the point where almost no-one dared to spawn aircraft at all). You also can't expect to solo a tank with HA, or take over an entire base yourself, or take a single aircraft with rocket pods and take down an entire tank column alone, or even one tank without taking heavy damage from everything else in the area.

Everything in this game requires a team effort, and it's about time people realised that.
    • Up x 3
  13. Ileko

I can easily kills infantry with the mosquito anti-tank primary gun(a lot easier than I can with the rockets), provided that I got the NV sights on it, because it does great area damage. All it needs is a agile pilot with it. Infantry with no AA or no other aircraft against that is just ants waiting to be squashed.
    Easily got 30 kills in one life yesterday when I unlocked it and the NV. Great that it's only 100 certs to unlock the weapon.

How about the devs add a coldsuit utility for infantry, you know something that prevents them from showing up on NV and thermal. It would help infiltrators, since the cloak doesn't hide you from NV very well.
    • Up x 1
  14. MrMurdok

I think you guys need to cut the fly boys some slack.

Rocket Pods are an expensive cert, and I think it was good that air actually got a bite now, earlier, getting an ESF would just mean certain death, because you couldn't deal damage to save your life, and AA simply shredded you to bits.

Buffing air simply added another threat to the battlefield, which I think, in all out war, is a good thing. Airstrikes are now something you gotta take into concideration while attacking/defending, because if you don't, a squadron is gonna pop up from behind a cliff and mow your tanks down.

I've watched Buzz's stream, IMO, he's a damn good pilot, he shows up and takes out two tanks before the flak starts flying at him. Bare in mind that they can't barrage clustered infantry from a distance because of the render distance, so a bunch of guys with AA MAX Suits or Lightnings actually watching the skies could do a damn good job at cutting down jets.

You wouldn't go "EHRMAGERD A SUNDURR RAN ME OVEURRR WHEN I WASNT LOOKING!! NURF SUNDURRS!!" Would you?
    • Up x 3
  15. Zamos

Rocket Pods are horrible overpowered
  16. InHumanTurtle

That would indeed be a decent idea for a suit sidegrade.
    • Up x 2
  17. Kenko

Theres not really a problem here. You're just whiney like all of the other Battlefield 3 and CoD crybabies who can't handle Planetsides scale and uncertainty. But I imo the certs for aircav are too cheap and easy to get in comparison to infantry weapons and they need to make aircraft more expensive resourcewise to balance them out.

But since you are an inept cloaker, it's really only your fault. I can sneak through entire mobile armies with little effort as a cloaker. And if you think that "Theres only a few good spots". Then you are also one of the most inept snipers in the game. So all I can say is L2P, adapt or die. It's simple.

However the fact that they can see through inf's cloaks with the right sights is utter ********.
    • Up x 1
  18. Puukainais

Rockets pods are expensive cert? Well i had to spend my SC for the weapon i can't use!

And from what time SNIPER has to go into TEAMFIGHTS like a freaking rambo. Im trying to backdoor here and i can't do that nor i can't hack because of these darn campers.

EDIT: I also do not play BF or COD.... played only the first series of both.
  19. KoSGunny

Actually I think you're misleading yourself. AA is an annoyance, whether it be turret or Skyguard or Burster, etc.. I've killed FAR more ESF with a Magrider's PC cannon than with AA guns. AA guns simply have low damage, and even the worst of pilots is given plenty of time to react.

As well, you're implying that a 1,000 cert investment warrants that type of power: To kill your counter (AA turrets, tanks with AA turrets) while simply hovering in it's own fire with over half health remaining. No need to avoid fire or even be fast: Simply hover and shoot, Rocket Pods/Photon Cannon/Breaker Rockets will win every time.

If this 1,000 cert investment is to equal that kind of power, consider the following:

Saron HRB, both variations of lock-on rockets, HE rounds for MBT and Lightning, etc.. All these and more cost 1,000 certs.

Each of these has about 20% the power and lethality of the ESF Rocket Pods and equivalents from the other factions. And these do not allow for a consistent win against your counter: They at best increase chances of survival but do not reverse the odds anything near how Rocket pods do.

Edit: I'm an average pilot, not great and I have NO UNLOCKS on my scythe. I have NEVER been shot down by AA, not a single time, EVER. I'm more likely to crash into a tree after a 20 killstreak with the default cannon than to take 50% of my Scythe's health in damage from even a barrage of 5 AA's.

So don't act like AA shreds air when me, a nub pilot: Can pretty much just ignore them entirely and has not once been shot down by them.
    • Up x 3
  20. Fluff

I've already established in another thread that most of us agree they are serious problems right now with air and seeing there is no reaction at all (notice that they are zero comments from anyone that manages the game in the forum) I doubt they will correct this problem. You have to be totally silly to say that rocket pods aren't a problem right now, they are obviously OP and by far.

I'm a heavy, I specialize in shooting down those sobs and I will notice that some of them don't even care if I lock them on they will try and spot me and the moment they do, they will flood me with rockets, I cannot even see the rocket fire, all I will know is I'll be suddenly dead. I mean, it's so stupid it can hardly be talked to about, I cannot even shoot them down with 1 missile, since when you don't shoot down an airplane with 1 missile hit? I'd like to see any jet fighter after 1 missile hit, it ALWAYS takes 3 missiles, it's INSANE.

Anyway, won't make a difference since they don't care that people are racking up large amount of exp right now flying air, I can't fly air because I just can't control the air unit but I'd obviously be part of the problem if I could and I'd be level 30+ by now too as it is so easy to scoop ton of exp flying with OP gear right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.