Anyone else feel that the Harasser is overkill?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, May 4, 2013.

1. Fenrisk

Get me a video of a buggy surviving 30 seconds of rocket hits. Last time i checked it only takes 2 phoenix, 2 dev rockets, 3 default rockets, 1 C4, 1 mine, 2 AV turret hits.

Even with max armour it only adds 1 or 2 more rockets to its TTK. A dev can still kill it in 3 and so can a phoenix. Lock ons are also a easy way to bring buggys down.
  2. Fenrisk

My striker works fine on them. Even the armoured ones can only take less then 2 volleys of my striker. That's around 12 seconds or less till they get blown off the road.
  3. HellasVagabond

Well as an NC i don't know about the Striker, normal Lockons however splash behind it when it's moving at full speed. Must have launched 15 missiles on several harassers even from elevated positions and all have splashed behind them.
  4. Flag

I'm sorry, are you even hitting the Harasser?
    No, that's not a fair, nor nice thing to say. So are you trying to handle it alone?
    I do not have exact numbers of it's HP at this hour of the night, but from experience, it dies to 3-4 charged lancer shots or something thereabouts. So I'd make a guess it has about 2 000 hp(or 4K, not sure). But it has no tank armour modifier, so in a sense, a Gaus SAW would actually be quite good against it.
    What I do know is that in tank v Harasser, the tank should win, either by roflstomp(non-halberd/basilisk on the harasser) or by a fair margin(halberd or basilisk on the harasser), so it can't be more than 4K at least(which means 3 dumb fire bog standard RLs).
    Speaking of half a min of shooting it with rockets, bring some friends and it'll be down in seconds. Don't forget the thing still costs 200 tank resources to pull, and is the second easiest land vehicle to kill. If you want, I can pick up where I leave this, tomorrow.
    The short answer is: Don't go alone. Half a squad's worth of people can clear a gen room of a harasser/flash or 2(or 3) without too much effort.
    As for the sniping drivers out of vehicles, I can only guess it's to lower the server/client/network load, but not having more features than they have to.
    But I do agree, it'd be fun to snipe ESF pilots while they're busy hover-spamming :D
  5. PaperPlanes

Yes, nerf them and keep the XP the same. These are already easy prey for my Scythe, they're like giant Flashes and they go down really quick to nose gun fire, two magazines of Hailstorm can kill one I think if you land every shot, or two mags and finish with rocket pods.

They're worth almost as much XP as a MBT, but die with a lot less effort on my part. Lower their HP pool, go ahead.
  6. Sledgecrushr

God almighty the tears, its like niagra falls in here.
    • Up x 2
  7. Van Dax

Personally I think they can survive a little to much AP fire my magrider.
  8. Baleur

So TWO harassers take out ONE lightning, and that's a problem? Isn't that to be expected?

I agree they could be a bit weaker on the hitpoints, but definetly NOT slower and less maneuverable. Absolutely not.
    The entire point of the vehicle is to be a flanker. I think it did wonders for the battlefield dynamic, i absolutely love it, even when i'm on foot facing enemy harassers. I'm loving it. Changed the feel of the game.

And if you have a competent frontline with tank drivers that know wtf they are doing, they'll shell the harassers to death before they breach your lines, trust me. I've seen it done many times.

And thank god we have a vehicle that can actually run people over with some precision.
    it's called a combined arms game. If you dont want vehicles to run you over, perhaps you shouldn't play planetside.
  9. Teegeeack

Not necessarily. I would expect a tank to be able to destroy two buggies with relative ease.
    • Up x 1
  10. soeguud

oh knoes my max got run over by Harasser when i was camping the road pls nerf.
  11. Fenrisk

What exactly is the logic behind 1 man tank always winning against buggys when they cost the same amount of resources but the buggys requires at least 2 people to take on a tank?

I'm sorry but a 3 man buggy should be able to take out a lightening. It's called squad play and tactics and that trumps solo play every time. That's it how it always should be in this game.
  12. Flag

I agree.
    And it's a shame, really, that if you kit a sunderer to do the same, it's not really viable anymore. :| Even if it costs even more resources and also takes 3 people.
  13. Zapon

i havent had a chance to use the buggies, but might i suggest buffing flash speed to 20+ kph above a buggy?

(rather than a nerf, i would think flashes would be faster in nature- although thye are atv's , so maybe not..)
  14. Zan_Aus

Lol, the Harasser is actually one of the most sensible vehicles in the game. Tough enough to withstand a bit of punishment but not instantly killable. Can do damage but not too much and requires multiple crew members as balance. Last and not least, ITS FUN.

I jumped in some random guy's Harasser this afternoon and had more fun than I have in vehicles for months. He drove like a maniac around the Crossroads tower and I played gunner. We weaved through gunfire, tank fire, took some hits sped off, repaired, came back, ran out of ammo on our Basilisk ffs and just generally had a ball before being blown up.

Harasser should stay EXACTLY like it is.
  15. Zan_Aus

So four guys who spent 400 vehicle resources combined should lose to 1 guy who spent 200 resources, OK.
  16. QuakerOatsMan

My only problem with it is that it completely outclasses the flash in everything related to mobility. It makes flashes feel like they need a small speed buff or so to "keep up," although the harasser is generally fine and fun to use (it does seem slightly excessive with its extremely sensitive turning though, for me at least).
  17. Captain Kid

A very hard to hit fast vehicle that can easily kill in one hit.

It's balanced because it needs a separate gunner and small arms fire can damage it. (SOE logic)
  18. HadesR

All I would tweak is their impact damage .. So they are more geared towards a fast moving weapons platform and less of a Infantry plow.
  19. Draxo

This is the problem with CoD kiddies. They think they should be able to take anything down 1v1 while solo as an infinitely spammable soldier. Its ridiculous.
  20. JP_Russell

I don't really have a problem with their speed, they're pretty much how they should be there. I think they're too sturdy, though. They're fast enough and can field heavy enough weaponry that I don't think they need such high armor to be survivable. It lets them be more careless and less punishable than they ought to be, I think.