Anyone else feel that the Harasser is overkill?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, May 4, 2013.

1. Arcfade

If there's enough enemies around to fully crew a 'dozen' Harassers, you're pretty much in trouble anyway.

It takes -THREE- people to fully man that thing, and the driver alone can't solo soldier like the Lightnings and MBTs can.

It's fine. It takes teamwork to use, so it should be powerful.
  2. siiix

absulutely NOT

if anything fix the other vehicles to bring them up to specs
    • Up x 1
  3. ent|ty

It's just my opinion. Not calling for nerfs, so chill out. It's just a game. I think I made a clear and valid point. If all other things are adjusted in the game to compensate (which is probably the real issue), then the Harasser would be fine. But as of right now, it is my opinion that the Harasser is tougher than it should be. I have no problem making tanks feel like tanks, ESFs etc, but when you add something into the game, it affects everything else.

If you leave the Harasser as is, it's kind of a dumbfire rocket nerf, because now they are less effective against targets prior to Harasser introduction. So either buff the dumbfire now, or allow an extra rocket in my default pack to compensate for requiring more to take out the same targets.
  4. ShayeUK

a harasser managed to flip my sundy, collision is OP
  5. Ash87

Dumbfire Rockets, are less effective against tanks, liberators, infantry, max units, and Galaxies... than they were before the Harasser was introduced? That is interesting. How exactly does that work?
  6. LahLahSr

Finally the game has a vehicle that is actually FUN to use. It's effectiveness is still an open question, since it's so new. Sure, there are players who pick up quickly on how to use their speed and modest durability to their advantage - but there are many counters. They are fortunately LOUD as hell, leaving very little opportunity for stealth.

Sure, it could be that a modest tweak here and there may be required - but not data (not anecdotes) prove it. This evaluation cannot even begin until a couple of weeks from now, since players all need to learn to use it and defend against it.

It upsets the "MBT is king of the land war"-mentality. Small groups of Harassers (their name carries a clue as to what they are for and what they can do well) can effectively be used to harass armor columns, especially if they are equipped with Halberds and have rocketeers as passengers. But they tie up a full 3 players as well and will die more suddenly.

By now, most of you should have been around long enough to have seen how this game evolves. Every new thing initially seems very useful and powerful (remember the 4-5 weeks of free EXP for the NC when the Phoenix was a guided anti-infantry sniper-roc

Give it some more time and enjoy that we finally have something to upset the otherwise too-establish power-equations between vehicles.The Harasser is a larger investment in manpower, will require more skill and coordination to be effective in combat, is riskier to use and also offers a mode of transportation that may lead to better overall utilization of the maps.

On a macro-level, what's there to not love about it - whether you are a user or are defending against it?
  7. ent|ty

When they buff the tanks and/or other vehicles, it therefore requires more than 2 rockets in their rear to take out, then yes, they are less effective.

If it takes 3 rockets to kill something that previously took 2 rockets.. hmmm, I wonder. Now with my current pack of rockets, they pack is less effective, because now it takes out less targets..

Wow. did i really have to explain this? LOL

Thats true, I wish people on these forums wouldnt have to be so polarized on everything, like its all or nothing. We're just discussing it here aren't we? :)
  8. Bill Hicks

This is feeling like a learn to play issue here.

First its really popular with a new patch. Good players will use it.

Nobody knows how to counter it very well right now.

It does not outclass a lightning at all... really? a lightning can fire 6 rounds at a time.
  9. Ash87

No, You didnt' explain how the Harasser made things more difficult.

The harasser is not the tank buff, so how does the Harasser, the vehicle that you want to give less resiilance, going to make the Dumbfires less effective? How are these two things linked?

It's like you have no idea what you are talking about?! LOL
  10. PhilDun

The harasser is not OP. It takes at least 2 people to man it - one to drive, one to shoot.

I mean, I can understand why the harasser seems OP when viewed on its own. But you have to remember there are two players (at least) inside of it.
  11. Zombo

Okay, today a major problem about the harasser made me really annoyed: you can drive with it through doors

with the flash that is okay, since it wont give you protection, but with an AI harasser which can instagib you but takes about a minute to shoot, even with rocket launchers, its not bearable

why let the harasser climb over vehicle blockades? a magrider can't do that, so a harasser should not be able to, either

people start ramming harassers next to generators they hacked and the extreme splash damage from the enforcer or whatever gun it is makes it impossible to stabilize the generator
  12. Flag

The Harasser can't use the enforcer, "only" a halberd(although they're close, the halberd has less splash damage, 750 vs 1000). And it doesn't have impressive splash radius either. And they're both designed for anti tank warfare, not infantry.
    If you wanted a weapon for infantry destruction, you'd be better off with a kobalt, fury or bulldrog, two of which can be put on a flash anyway. And for every harasser you can get 8 flashes.

So I don't see how this is such a game-breaking thing.

Edit:
    If you have such trouble with them, cert AV grenades on your HA and throw them with impunity.
  13. LibertyRevolution

They are too fast and have to many HP... Try landing 4 dumbfire rockets on one to kill it before it just speeds off...
  14. LT_Latency

They take damage from any gun.

If you see one start shooting. I have blown the up with my sniper rifle as they drive away
  15. Llaf

I think it is a little too good also, but I don't think it should be nerfed, they should just buff everything else.
  16. LibertyRevolution

If it takes 4 dumbfire rockets to kill one, how many clips is that with my carbine?
    The ones I run into seem fully tricked out with turbo, composite armor, and halberd...
  17. Zombo

the problem is not the weapon, but the combination with being able to survive a half minute of being shot at with rockets

either they should buff the damage they get from anti-tank rounds, which would make sense, or make it so you can shoot through the harasser and hurt the passengers

or better, just dont let them drive into freaking generator and SCU rooms in the first place

this was also in PS1, you could snipe people out of vehicles, took skill but was fun, no idea why they didn't put it in PS2
  18. Fenrisk

It takes 2 dev rockets to kill a buggy unless the guy invested 2000 certs into composite armour to make it worth pulling. It also dies to 1 C4 or 1 mine or 2 phoenix's or 2 AV turret shots. It's between the flash and lightening in survivability yet costs the same resources as a lightening.

The main reason for pulling a buggy is it's fun, fast and has the ability to carry a max+gunner. It's a high risk high reward fun machine where instant death is just 1 second away.
  19. Xind

I kind feel like it has too much health, but it is nice to see less tanks. I'm kind of on the fence. I think dropping the health by one dumbfire rocket and giving it some innate mine protection might be appropriate.
  20. HellasVagabond

Lockons don't work on the harasser...They splash on the ground behind them.