Anyone else feel that the Harasser is overkill?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, May 4, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

I have a problem with the Harasser, in my opinion it's far to powerful a vehicle in it's current state. It's super fast, turns on a dime and has a very healthy pool of HP. This is all as a base vehicle with no certs dumped into it.

It further breaks down battle lines with it's sheer speed and maneuverability, no longer do we have a "safeish" area behind our own lines, now it just looks like a bad re-make of Mad-Max with all these buggies driving around and running people over.

Yes, running people over. Because of their speed and maneuverability, the buggies are THE BEST vehicle for vehicular manslaughter. One of the reasons I hate them is that for the most part, they don't even grace me with a death by one of their guns or rumble seat HAs, they just run me over. On Waterson last night during a fight at TI alloys, there were about 10 TR buggies just running everyone over. As fast as we killed one, two more would take it's place...

They completely out class lightnings except for in the longest of ranges. Ever seen a lightning get *****? I have, two buggies did it.

My suggestion to tone them down? Make them slower and less maneuverable without certing into the respective chassis. I can only imagine what a fully certed Harasser looks like with the current stats...
  2. Oreo202

Simple, just have a squad of people with lockons roving friendly territory, taking out lone harassers and tanks.

Seriously, everyone uses turbo and no one uses IR Smoke, just get on a cliff and kill them.

Asking for needless nerfs is stupid when the counters are present and obvious.
    • Up x 2
  3. NoctD

And when you get a dozen Harassers, the squad of lock-ons will get mowed down.

Plus I wish they'd fix the bloody Annihilator already, that thing is still bugged. As if the slow lock-on isn't already annoying, you fire a plume of vapor out half the time.
  4. Oreo202

No, they won't. Sitting an open field in this game will get you killed no matter what the enemy has unless it was pre-buff MBTs. Get on a rock where they can't shoot you and you win. There's a lot of high up places, even on Esamir.
    • Up x 1
  5. Quiiliitiila

Not everyone has bought lock on launchers and many people who play may not ever buy lock ons. The other vehicles in the game can be damaged and destroyed by any launcher, the Harasser is so fast it's difficult to shoot it with a dumbfire.

Even so, that's ONE counter... And it's a counter that requires people drop some cash or 1000 certs to really be effective.

Just slow the damn thing down, it feels like a fully certed vehicle without actually being certed...
  6. crazyoldfart

I found it to be a nice source of XP myself. There everywhere and go down quickly. I wasn't in game 5 minutes and one ran by the spawn and hit a rock. C4'ed my 1st harrasser before he could get going again.
    • Up x 1
  7. crazyoldfart

I don't know about other factions, But I have know problem hitting with the lancer. I don't worry about the ones far away unless there parked.
  8. DashRendar

The chassis don't actually boost much. Racer 3 gives 5kph at best, so it's basically an acceleration buff? If that's even applicable? I didn't test for acceleration, but Scrapper chassis seemed much better at first glance and that's just a stability buff.
  9. Oreo202

OK, pull MBTs then. The Vanguard for example, can kill one extremely easily if they bother to get a gunner.

Or two shot it with decimators, but you know, you could just come to forums and ask for it to be nerfed instead.

And not everyone has to have lockons. I know a lot of people bought them when the Annihilator was broken, it's not like they don't still have it.
    • Up x 1
  10. pucwyczes

Lockon launchers should solve your problems with Herassers.
    • Up x 1
  11. DoubleTake

As a tank driver, my experience with Harassers have been this:

1. Spot Harasser.
    2. Fire 2 shots, one hits.
    3. Harasser flees.
    4. Repeat until the Harasser goes somewhere else.

They're not hard to take down with a tank, but lock-on missiles seem to fail whenever the Harasser is driving along the horizon.
  12. NinjaTurtle

Yeah I never see anyone deploy IR. I have it equipped on my Lightning and it has saved my **** a lot I don't know why so few other people use it.. at least from my observations
  13. gudman591

Greeeeat, a week has not yet passed since the introduction of Harasser and they're already trying to force the nerf bat upon it.

Great, it's just f*cking great.
    • Up x 4
  14. Zombo

The Harasser has about the same health as a lightning, is faster, but also needs two people to effectively operate it

they could turn down the speed a little bit, but that would make it useless when you can drive a lightning, making his HP lower would be a way to make it more balanced, but otherwise i think its fine hence it needs more then one person to be effective at all
    • Up x 2
  15. SooperDog

Have yet to hit a harasser with a lock-on
  16. LineTrap

[IMG]

I view them as roaming XP packets. The best part is that many Harasser drivers are cheeky enough to think they can outrun my long, hot shaft (of light), which leads to a couple of passenger kills thrown in for free!

Plus they can be damaged by small arms. A vehicle expensive as a Lightning that can be damaged by small arms? Worse than a Flash, in my opinion, since it can't take scout radar. Leave the poor Harasser alone.
    • Up x 3
  17. Tobax

No, I've seen these things get blown up in 2 seconds and other times cause chaos to the enemy, it simply depends on how good the crew are at working together which means its the players skill that decide how long you last (and a bit of luck), which is how it should be.
    • Up x 1
  18. Phrygen

i think it has too much health for a buggy. I didn't think a harasser would survive two tank shells. *then again we are talking prowler shells).

But yes, other weapons can own them well enough. If you make them too weak, no one will use them.
  19. Nocturnal7x

It has begun...
    • Up x 2
  20. eggy

AP mines, Healing Grenades and the Recon tool.

Every other single weapon, rocket, grenade, laser beam , bomb and projectile in the game can damage a harraser. Its doing exactly what its intended to do.

The illustration in the OP demonstrates this perfectly. If your chaps are getting mowed down by Harrasers en-mass, then your stood in the wrong place. You didnt have a safe spot behind your lines, becuase the enemy was Harassing your *** in a ... wait for it ... Harasser.