Anyone else annoyed by this?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by FieldMarshall, Jun 2, 2015.

1. TheKhopesh

A fair number of HA's are Heavies not to take on Heavy armor -- but to be run and gun assaults that can win shield in every fight. They literally don't care about deterring air or fighting tanks with their rocket launchers, instead RPing infantry, stat padding, and not caring about anyone but themselves.

So, that kind of sticks in people's minds when they are thinking of HA's.

(I'm pointing out the fact that other classes do this too, in case anyone out there didn't realize the reason for this post.)
    • Up x 1
  2. Imp C Bravo

Yes, but heavies are SUPPOSED to do that. Medics are supposed to not.

Engies seem pretty good about dropping ammo and repping stuff though fortunately.
  3. TheKhopesh

HA's are certainly not meant to rocket primary infantry.
  4. Imp C Bravo

Says who? Why not? It's annoying as hell -- but not easy. Or efficient. You get caught by a rocket too effing bad. Since when should infantry be immune to rocket launchers. In any other game or real life for that matter? There is nothing 'unfair' or 'unavoidable' or 'unresistable' about it.

Personal bias and annoyance at things are not related to balance.
  5. TheKhopesh

Higby, when he addressed the OHK potential of even splash damage on RL's and they lowered it to 750 indirecct damage.
    Because it takes no skill, simply enough brain power to comprehend what is and is not an enemy, point it at them, and pull the trigger to instawin.
    Yes, it is easy so long as you've got marginally more intelligence than a cabbage.

As for the rest of your statements, they devolve into cursing and entirely drift from the topic being discussed into a short, off-topic rant of some kind, which warrant no response.
  6. Imp C Bravo

Ok buddy. Lets try this again then.

1.I don't mean you as in YOU, but you as in anyone who gets caught by one.
    2. Splash damage on rockets is not OHK, nor should it be. THEN it would be OP and broken. (actually, if what you say is true and splash from a rocket is 750 then I would say splash damage to infantry needs a bit of a nerf) However, we havn't addressed damage falloff from the center of the explosion (if any.) Does it do 750 at the edge of the radius of the splash? If so, then I would agree that it needs changing.
    3. I am referring to direct hits. Which -- is not instant win in any sense. Simply because it isn't easy nor is it common. Well, it is easy if they are standing still. But in that situation the logic of 'OHK is OP' applies to lots of things including Daltons, AP tank rounds, Sniper rifles, Sticky Grenades, Engi AV turrets, etc... It is silly easy to dodge a rocket simply because you should be moving when fighting the vast majority of the time.

and most importantly 4. See my comment about 3 and 2 together -- and then rectify what with your comment about Higby saying rockets should not OHK splash. If you were discussing splash earlier in the thread (and I missed that) then I misunderstood and I apologize. However, my comment about using a launcher against infantry, while annoying when you (again you as in you, me, anyone) get caught is, in itself, not unfair, game breaking, unrealistic, or anything other complain anyone can bring against it.

I would, however, agree that if splash is doing 750 at the edge of the rocket splash (something which I have NOT observed yet) it should be toned down a bit more.

Nothing about my post was off topic as getting shot at with a rocket by a heavy is not 'unresistable' nor 'unavoidable' in any respect even in its current incarnation.
  7. TeddyMan56

I not annoyed by it because I'm that one type of medic that heroically throws himself into bullets and explosions for the purpose to heal and revive. Its a nice alternative to my MAX class. In my MAX I save few and kill many, as a Medic I kill few and save many...
  8. LOLdragon

Hahahahaha! Oh, I feel your pain, and yeah, I get what you're saying but.... I've come to get around it by just assuming a different mindset.

As a medic, I understand a few things:
    1) It's MY job to find people who are dead/wounded. Dead/wounded friendlies CAN shout for my attention, and sometimes that does help me do my job of supporting them better, but I should not rely on THEM telling ME that they need help.

2) People are... imperfect. :p I know I myself have done the silly, "I died over here," call on the mic when a grenade drops me... even though in the back of my mind I know that "I died over here" does not convey much of any useful information to my squad other than notifying them that one of their squadmates is down... it doesn't give them a specific location or information on how hostile the area I died in is or how I died. HOWEVER, sometimes it's enough information to make a friendly medic whip out the heal gun and scan the mini-map and squad list for a dead player, and I'd like to think it DOES help to let your squad know you've died more than just dying quietly and respawning far away.

3) People are... imperfect... again. Some people are going to nag me for a healing or abuse my ears and instincts with needless V-2 spam. However, I've found that 9/10 people who are tapping V-2 or are asking for a medic over coms actually are in need of some heals, so I don't let a few meddlers bother me too much! :)

Now, I'll admit that a lot of my experience comes from rolling with an Outfit (666 Devil Dogs) and we're a pretty organized, disciplined bunch who wouldn't take too kindly to friendly fire to get a medic's attention. If **** like that happens in public squads, then it makes me all the more pleased that I play with an Outfit! :D
  9. PrimedReborn

Atleast you guys have medics, medics on the PS4 are a rare commodity :(
  10. GaveYouHermes

It's great that triage skills actually help with being an effective Medic in game.
    • Up x 1
  11. Chazt

Honest to god I just ignore them or tell them flat out "If you aren't a max, you aren't worth me risking dying over" it is infuriating trying to explain to people they aren't the most unique snowflake in the world and my life doesn't revolve around catering to them. I tell most people that if they aren't getting revived after a few seconds, then it would just be faster for them to run back instead of whining in chat about it.
  12. Bearded Wall

THATS the most annoying thing for you?

How about this: You see a pile of dead allies, you pull out your res nade, you throw it....
    ... and it bounces of the back of the guy who ran through you, flies the opposite direction, and resses no one.

I would pay 1000000 certs for a sticky res nade.
    • Up x 1
  13. Steza

C4 revive explosions? lol

Also for people who keep yelling medic over and over again I usally revive them last don't care if it's a max or not you start complaining about how I'm healing and reviving then you get last. Or you can show me how to revive people for a bit while I sit back and enjoy aiming my pistol somewhere in the distance. Maybe finally teach that cloud who's boss way up in the sky!
    • Up x 1
  14. [K29C] Gwennec

A ping feature would definitely be helpful, as long as it doesn't make a noise and just puts a simple marker over the body and on the mini-map.

I'm almost always playing medic, its always been my favourite class and assault rifles are what I'm best with. However you do always seem to get that one guy... that one annoying guy in any big battle yelling down the mic for a medic as FieldMarshal described and it drives you insane. Not only that but it's distracting for the whole team and makes everything else hard to hear. Half the time my response is "If you don't shut up, no one is going to heal you" or tell them that yelling down the mic puts them at the bottom of my priority list.
  15. Vurvu

"Voice Disabled" is a feature only present for the Combat Medic.

Said no one.