Anyone else annoyed by this?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by FieldMarshall, Jun 2, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

Ok so picture the following scenario.

You are in the middle of a 96v96+ battle on Hossin defending a base and trying to push the points back.
    There are 70+ friendlies on your minimap and about 20 of them are dead all over the place.
    You revive some people, shoot some people, heal some people while moving up trying to push.
    Then you get this guy over voice going "..medic... medic... medic... medic... come on medic... medic... revive me medic"

First of all "medic" over voice literally does nothing.
    It doesent make them show up on the minimap in the midst of the other 19 dead people, and doesent help me as a medic in any way at all.

Or when someone is dead in a really bad spot with enemies around.
    You are in cover 10m away trying to kill all the enemies before going to safely revive.
    All the while, you are listening to this over voice: "revive me.. come.. on medic... medic... medic.. why dont you revive me! F**k you medic you are right next to me!"
    And when you can finally revive them they just tap out anyway.

Oh, and has anyone else heard someone do V-2 "Medic!", then instinctively pulled out the med tool and turn around only to find out its a MAX that needs repairs?
    So now you have two options.
    You either remember the name of the MAX for the next time he eventually does it.
    Or, you just ignore anyone using V-2 for the remainder of the battle.
    Either way, its annoying that MAXes yell for medics when they need repairs.

/endrant
    • Up x 4
  2. LazyAsian

I say "Shut the **** up, I'm coming." If they say anything else anything after that unless it's a thank you it's my sidearm to their head.

And admittedly, I used to yell for medic as max :$
    • Up x 1
  3. Ryo313

i'm not really playing as medic .. only as engi LA infliltrator and OP (HA)

but it is annyoing i agree there xP even for non medics.
  4. Littleman

Being a medic isn't worth it right now. I used to be a hardcore medic, but besides reviving dudes, anything the medic can do, the HA and engi are leagues better. The LA and infil bring unique gimmicks that open up tactical options. The medic? A gimped HA who's only role is to be everyone else's *****.

After nearly 200 hours, I shelved my medical applicator and my T1. There's just nothing going for the medic, and the rezzing capability is way over rated, not to mention implemented poorly.
  5. Volsarian

My peeve is when you're shooting/reviving/taking a glance at the map and someone spams the V-2 "I need a medic!", and when they don't get IMMEDIATE medical attention, they shoot you once or twice to get your attention. It's gotten to the point for me that I just straight up teamkill that person and let another medic take care of him. Medics are rare enough as it is, don't bully them.
    • Up x 1
  6. Aigle

Well... I have to correct you... It's not "medic", it's always "medjiiiiik"... :D
    But what I do is this:
    Either I tell them to "shut (the ****) uuuuup (accent on the up)" or(/and) just mute them. And in all the time I played medic I developed a very good memory for names. Which means you will not get healed or revived by me anymore as long as I play before logging off!!
  7. Nurath

I ignore them.

Either I'm baby-sitting everyone else's health or I'm behind cover firing because it's most assuredly not safe for me to revive and I don;t feel like suiciding at that point.

It's called triage, prioritising casualties, picking those in most-need but whom I can save and letting the "walking wounded" soldier on a little longer, and the mortally injured pass on.

Sorry loud guy, if you've died in an awkward position/situation then just eat the respawn.
    • Up x 1
  8. Chubzdoomer

Thankfully I haven't experienced that much. I do hate, however, when I make an effort to revive someone who just died only to have them opt out and respawn somewhere else (even if it isn't an incredibly dire scenario, like a base that's going to fall in the next few seconds). It's like... seriously? You don't want to knock the death off your record and have another go right where you left off? Ok then, whatever.
    • Up x 2
  9. Nurath

I feel bad for hero medics that go out of their way to revive me in a rough position when I no longer want to fight there, and want to change class/grab a vehicle.

They tend to get rewarded plenty for the 15 prior rezzes though so doesn't sting so hard. :D
  10. Khyza

I was team killed by some impatient ally yesterday. I was in the middle of a big fire fight healing and reviving. This guy would try to be the hero/rambo every time I revived him, so I would wait to revive him until I knew the ones actually doing something where taken care of. Well I go and revive him, and the minute he gets up he shoots me and kills me, then sends me a message telling me I suck because I didnt come when he called for me. So the rest of the fight I avoided reviving him, and took pot shots at him whenever I got the chance. So many people like to bully around the medics to get what they want, then wonder why there arent many people willing to play a medic. Maybe instead of being a bunch of Fargin Iceholes, they could say thank you for reviving or healing.
  11. oTec

People mostly appreciate getting revived, since some medics just don't give a f*ck. Standing next to a pile of dead friends. I also try to avoid diving in but sometimes i just do it. Part of my "Medic syndrome". Never had someone kill me for reviving him though. Most just don't do anything, occasional thanks and a crouch-nod of thankfulness ;3
  12. ZDarkShadowsZ

Thank god I have proximity chat turned off. While I may be losing out on the somewhat useful information my teammates provide over voice chat, it sure beats the painful memory of loading up this game for the first time only for the first thing I hear to be TheInvisiableman playing some god awful spam music. Having proximity chat off also prevents me from hearing irritating whiners who may yell out for medic telling me how useless I am and how I should 'get cancer' for not helping them without realising I either can't get to them or their corpse is bugged and I can't revive them.
    • Up x 1
  13. oTec

Nothing makes an epic battle full of gunfire, tankshells and men dying for their faction more exciting then hearing nyancat blast trough your speakers :p
    • Up x 2
  14. Pointyguide2

i kind of like hearing them yelling for medic. adds to the experience.
  15. oTec

The TR medic yell is pretty neat on its own though. "I NEED A MEEEEDDDICCC". Really captures the sound of pure horror in the voice
  16. jmdafk

I dont mind them shouting, sometimes you can miss someone and i dont mind being summoned. I often get to stuck into the fight and forget my duty as a medic! I dont like being tk'd for non-heals, some chump (fishroll) stood next to me while i was peering down a scope and coz i didnt notice him he killed me. Fool.

Id like to think nobody calls for medic who is in a dangerous place tho. I know playing with good players they are always quick to tell medics to stay back if there is a risk.
  17. Vivicector

Well, I do cry for medic sometimes. like, when my body is in good spot, and he passes by not even wishing to take that free exp lying.
  18. Khallixtus

I play a little bit of medic, mostly because I'm in love with the SABR. But I still do my best to revive people and heal them when I can. I have never gotten to the point where someone teamkills me for not reviving them, or shoots me to get my attention, although I imagine my first reaction would be to put a 2-bursts right in their head.

I play a lot of HA (shameful, I know) and I know the value of a good medic being there to back me up. I respect (I like to think so) medics, and generally don't scream I need a medic repeatedly, just once, and maybe twice a bit later to make sure they know. My experience as a medic is that yes, it can be very annoying to have people scream at me repeatedly, although I find the best solution is say "Shut up" and heal them. However I generally put reviving ahead of healing. People also tend to scream I need a medic less if they see that the only medic is busy reviving people and healing others.
    • Up x 2
  19. Imp C Bravo

A bit of the yelling is also due to some of the reputation some medics create. A fair number of them are medics not to medic -- but to be run and gun assaults that can self heal. They literally don't care about healing or rezzing anyone but themselves.

So, that kind of sticks in people's minds when they are looking for a medic.
  20. TheKhopesh

There should be a ping button for the dead to signal they need/desire a medic to revive them, along with a timer over them so the medic can prioritize which has waited longest (and is nearest to despawning).
    • Up x 2