anybody getting cloak lag?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by VSDerp, Mar 23, 2014.

1. VSDerp

just been getting cloak lag more lately it seems. the other day my cloak got stuck during combat and got me killed. just frustrating at times .
    • Up x 1
  2. Silvermyst

Yup. I'm getting it.
    • Up x 1
  3. iller

Yes ... I always have to assume atleast a 1/2 a second "grace period" needed for the Deep Cloak to also be "the Reality" for any nearby enemies. IE: if they run around and the corner suddenly and my Deep Cloak only just kicked in on my screen 400ms ago, I have to assume that they just saw my shimmer anyway and it's time to Flight or Fight.
    • Up x 1
  4. VSDerp

thanks guys for clarifying. it's been making me rage
  5. Lioren

I've been having similar issues here and there. Even tried reinstalling my client to (no avail). I have delay when trying to get in to or out of cloak, or I can't fire when coming out of cloak. Been frustrating, especially with Stalker cloak.
    • Up x 1
  6. VSDerp

yes it is. it made me wanna quit playing infiltrator forever one night.
  7. RockPlanetSide2

Plenty of this in various forms, half the time I'm cloaked but just looks like normal and i can't fire, sometimes the cloak just turns on after 1 whole second... the game is just a pile of crap, just accept it, their team is too small to manage a game of this size and they can barely keep things running... that is just how it is.
    • Up x 1
  8. starlinvf

I'm pretty sure this is a result of the cloak activation having more server side checks to fix those synchronization problems the cloaks have been getting since the infil update. Because Deep cloak is now a huge component of the ability, the server needs a higher level of accuracy to ensure these states are being triggered/tracked correctly.

The uncloaked head/gun thing is a client side issue with something in the effects queuing.... so long animations such as the healing wave seem to interfere with it. The states are being correctly tracked, but the client doesn't always render the transitions when it supposed to.