Anybody else find spitfire mechanics stupid?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DoucheSlayer, Aug 26, 2016.

1. DoucheSlayer

Specifically the fact that you're behind it, it beeps, starts firing WHEN FAVING THE OTHER WAY, and bullets hit you before it even turns to you.
    Maybe it's just on ps4 but it's actually quite dumb taking damage when it's pointing 180 opposite way
  2. JKomm

Spitfire's are not properly coded, it was the first attempt at AI in Planetside 2 and ultimately never changed since then... what you experience however could be lag, but it makes very little difference anyway considering the Spitfire's TTK is massive at three seconds on a 1000 HP target, they can be outclassed by any weapon unless you're using a knife and it starts shooting you from the maximum 50m range.
    • Up x 3
  3. SixNineFour

Supposedly the spitfire has more range, but it is limited by 50m detection range. It won't auto attack beyond 50m, but it should return fire at longer ranges.

Which means it uses same mechanics as the constructible base turrets which 100% certainly can return fire beyond their auto-fire range.
  4. JKomm

I've never experienced it firing on me beyond 50m, I could do many tests but I doubt what you say is true. Either way, even if it could fire beyond 50m it's still very low damage and low rate of fire, the turret simply cannot compete with any ranged weapon... even pistols are superior.
  5. SpeedFreakPS1

It is really annoying when people set them up in bio lab shielded rooms and they start shooting you.