Any word on the ES buggies?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CMDante, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CMDante

Last I heard was just over a year ago and Mr.Higby said the models were complete and they were aiming for a release this year.

While we're here...

Anyone have any ideas what the intended role will be? I'm hoping that it is to a Sunderer what a Valkyrie is a to a Galaxy; a smaller squad-based vehicle with some mounted weaponry. Say a seating capacity of 6 or so including the driver and gunner.

Any thoughts?
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

No word about any big content other than resource revamp and maybe conquest mode. About Higby saying stuff, he also said during e3 20!4 when presenting Hossin that they were going to release 3 more continets that year, obviously refering to the nattle islands Nexus, Desolation, Anscent.

Since autumn 2014 we have not heard anyhing about them. Some prototype props were added to the files back then and notjing more since.

Dont count on any more big content after the resource stuff.
  3. Dudeman325420

I doubt we'll be seeing the Assault Buggies within at least the next year or two, if they show at all. AFAIK absolutely nothing official or unofficial has been released about them since those concept images that have been around for a long time.

Still waiting for my damn pickup truck of death...

EDIT: As far as their role, if its anything like PS1 they'd be 2-3 man vehicles that do pretty much what the Harasser does right now, with a bit more armor and a bit less speed. They'd take over the Fast Attack role, possibly with the Harasser being made a bit weaker in armor / weapons while getting a bigger boost in recon / stealth / spec-ops utility.
  4. Taleroth

Don't even count on the resource stuff.
  5. Armcross

you mean
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. CMDante

Well that's unfortunate, I was really hoping those would be added since they look so cool.
  7. BluescalesNZ

Unfortunately, after three years of empty promises and half-***** implementations. I'm firmly in the 'I'll believe it when I see it' camp when it comes to anything the development team promises or talks about :(
  8. LeFitz

I thought they were not new vehicles but reskin of the harassers for empire specific flavor. Anyway, you got the message from others posters, forget it.
  9. Goretzu

Apparently nothing major till at least 2016 (maybe the odd weapon and such), they are working on the XBOX port (although I've never quite figured out if that is actually true or a joke :confused: ).
  10. Pikachu

Model's were complete? In the files all we have is a bunch of cosmetics for NC buggy and the first person model for vanu buggy.
  11. CMDante