Any way to target farm Exceptional Implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raidashi, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Raidashi

As the title suggests. Theres a few that I desperately want, as I think they would be incredibly useful and helpful. Is there any way to target an exceptional when you want to try and get one?

In particular, i desperately want infra vision. The biggest difficulty i have in PS2 is spotting people. I have blindspots in the center of my vision, small ones, but they're excessively problematic at times, and I've always had chroma defficiency. When the game turns night, despite that I usually really like it, i feel completely blind.

I've never really messed with implants before, but this is the first one that, since I was told about it, I've desperately wanted.

Also, if theres any way to actually grind for ISO-4 that'd be nice to know as well...
  2. Liewec123

nope, the best way is still to grab a membership and just churn through the 750 cert 9 packs
    and then recyclers if you don't have any implants that you want to upgrade,

dont buy the packs with daybreak cash, its not worth it,
    you're better off getting a membership, the certs come fast,
    your membership also gives you 500DBC which you can use to buy 2x 1 day xp boosts
    (and use them both on a members double xp day), you should net yourself quite a lot of implant packs!

its also worth noting for folks desperately wanting carapace, bionics or counter intelligence
    that at xmas DBG usually offer all previous bundles, and the "7th year ancient bundle" has all 3 implants inside.
    • Up x 2
  3. Raidashi

That's frustrating, but good to know. Primarily because I still want to hold onto my certs because I still havnt really found a niche I particularly enjoy above the others or excel at, though I'm a particularly good and accurate gunner all that's needed for that is a maxed out rep tool which i already have, but otherwise really dont like being an engi on the ground.

Does PS2 still have sales on the premium currency? I've just looked into those packs, and noted that those implants are rated as perfect, which apparently means they're account wide. I also notice that Infra Vision is also in one. Account wide is the only thing making it even a remote consideration but 85$ for them is still hella steep to ask for.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

5. Liewec123

i haven't seen a DBC sale for years, they used to happen on black friday/cyber monday,
    but its been a long time since they had a DBC sale.

and yep, bundle prices are ridiculous.
  6. Raidashi

... Oh...!

Well, that technically saves me a ton of $$'s. I dont terribly mind that much to invest in a game that I've been putting 100 hours a month into, especially for implants that can be a core component for a class or build thats account wide. Unfortunately, Infra Vision isnt one of those and ironically, it's not even a key implant, my entire motivation is that I think it will help mitigate a huge issue I have playing lol.

That said, still very excited. Was actually about to gripe about the exceptionals being locked behind potentially infinite RNG walls. On the wiki, the drop chances for them are utterly abysmal and even with the iso4 recyclers it's still arguably bad. I have a friend who's been playing on and off for 5 years and is BR99, and only has 1 of them.
  7. DarkStarAnubis

You do not need it:
    https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Infradine

Infradine is a good alternative and more flexible. Get enough A7 (participate to a few alerts) then buy the blueprint (3.500 A7) and you can equip 4 of them in the utility slot.
    • Up x 1
  8. Raidashi

Oh! I had no idea about this. A7's kinda new since I've been back and... Frankly... I forgot it even existed. The one time anyone told me about it I just thought "That seems useless" and dismissed it and never looked into it again. But I think that these will be a great option in the meantime.

Thanks!
  9. RabidIBM

Good to know that's coming up, I have burned tens of thousands of certs on loot boxing. I'm trying to get minor cloak because I think that on a light assault could be great for delivery of routers and orbital strikes. Who's going to look up for someone cloaked? It would allow me to move in well ahead of the platoon to get the router ready.