Any tips for the Yumi usage?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Ximinetto, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ximinetto

It sucks at cqc,also at distance if the guy is a heavy assault and have a medium/long distance weapon. The only thing i find useful using the weapon, is moving to the side while shooting, its the only way i find to have chances to win a face to face battle. I want to know tips from people using it actually.
  2. Masyaka

Next time buy a Dayimo
  3. Luminari

It's good for TK'ing.
    • Up x 2
  4. Drunk

The tip from anyone who tried to use it would be the same everytime you ask them for a tip: DON'T BUY IT. DON'T USE IT.
  5. CaptCran

Have a couple glasses of wine (yellowtail is a good choice) before using it.
  6. Twin Suns

A mini Gatling/Barrel gun that fires 5 round bursts...LOL. Thus, totally negating the only reason you have a mini/Gatling/barrel gun in the first place.... fully automatic. LOL
  7. Prudentia

UBGL, Compensator, HVA, 3.4x scope and then treat it as a CQC Bolt action rifle that can wreck maxes into submission.
  8. Gary

Late to the party but with it being the starting weapon for NSOP medics. It takes a while to get used to but its stopping power is just brutal.

Soft Point, 3.4x, UBGL and Vert Grip. You decimate people, Even heavies. Its just an incredibly powerful gun not designed for pushing but for defending.

Dont be in obvious spots, you need the time advantage for the wind up or utilize cover to ofset the exposure whilst it winds up. 1 Burst is enough to kill pretty much anyone at close range.
  9. Raidashi

As you can probably tell from other posts, the Yumi is, frankly, a terrible weapon. While yes, it's accurate and boasts technically one of the shortest kill times in the game, most people will agree that the gimmick of the weapon (the 0.25 second wind up) is such a disruptive drawback that any other weapon is just more effective.

If you have aimbot levels of accuracy and can nail headshots with it 100% of the time while compensating for it's lag, it's... Fine. Otherwise, it's literally 1 round short of bodying most people, doubling it's kill time and making it higher than most other weapons and thats only if they all land. Fact is, unless you always nail headshots, the Yumi is always going to be a detriment, and frankly at that point the Arbalest/Vanquisher/Lacerta can also all 1 pull on heads and dont suffer from this drawback.

Think of it this way. Every time your burst fails to kill some one, your TTK goes up by 0.25 seconds + burst time. If it takes you 3 bursts to kill some one, then your looking at more than an entire second to kill, which in PS2 is colossal.

That 0.25 seconds doesnt seem like much on paper, but in practice, it's frankly huge. Frankly I dont see any reason to ever use a Yumi over the other faction marksman burst AR's. Anyone can feel free to try and convince me otherwise.