Any other Engineers depressed by *Roadmap*?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by goliith, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Nogrim313

OMG this ^ ^

the turret needs to have a proper front shield for gods sakes, the damn thing is see through why does it need a hole in the most important part of the shield? if this were changed id be fine with current firing arcs (although up/down still needs an increase)

placement of them is absolutely terrible, but i can understand some of the placement issues with balance etc. the need a bit more leeway than they currently have, if they could just ignore teammates on placement and bump them to either side id happily take that

the repair beam needs to lock on like the medi-gun, this is a no brainer and would help Max's a lot more than us to be honest

and the shout thing is essential, im sick of players running passed my boxes and then spamming need ammo and then opening fire on me for not dropping one exactly where they want it because its already resupplying a burster 10 feet away
  2. Mootar

Try not running around like a headless chicken and find some cover and you might get your wish, nothing more annoying than some zergling spamming for ammo/repair while standing in the line of fire or charging around in a large figure of 8.
    • Up x 1
  3. reeight

Good ideas! I think shields were requested many times; I wish it was put up for a vote already!

We have enough voice chat already (both V & VoIP mics), & the range is good if you cert it up.

==
    Honestly, I play mostly engineer, but engineers need to understand that sometimes you need to switch suits for the situation. Attacking Bio Lab? You don't need 50% engineers, you need more like a full mix, with a bit more on Medics. Arrived too early with a larger base? Go Infiltrator & hack all the turrets & vehicle launchers. Be flexible & don't expect to be engineer 100% of the time; become what your Platoon needs!
  4. DirArtillerySupport

You know back in the day I had 5 tank obstacles to put down, a cloaked shield generator to put down with radar and ammo dispensers to upgrade, 20 mines both explosive and EMP, 20 motion sensors or sensor disruptors, 20 C4 boomers, 10 spitfire auto-turrets, 5 cloaked auto-turrets, 5 anti-aircraft flak auto-turrets, Mixed glue and upgrade canisters, a few manned field turrets to put out, spawn tubes that need to be repaired, pain fields to install, mods to transport, viruses to purge, wall turrets to upgrade...and now I've been sent to the mail room to hand out ammo? And you're actually surprised if my only entertainment is to ignore you?
    • Up x 7
  5. Xebov

Repair Tool Certs dont include any Range addition, only Medics get this for tehre Heal Tool. I have disabled Voice, as most ppl tend to just play music or cry all the time and V doesnt cover up "I can do" commands, there are just "I need" commands.

Iam Engineer 100% o the time, and often enought im the only Engineer at the frontline. Yesterday i found myself behind a Rock resuplying 20 ppl and repairing 3 MAXes. And no other Engineer around, only some MAXes, a Medic here and there and large amounts of Heavys and Infiltrators. And its not rare that i see this situation during combat. The only point when i see alot of Engineers is when a Amp Station is taken over and everyone want to get the XP for repairing the Turrets.
    • Up x 1
  6. NoctD

And we're sick of MAX units running in all the wrong directions instead of coming to us for repairs, and when you get to one, they're jumping around like a monkey as you try to repair them. Then before you can deploy ammo, they're already gone with the wind.
  7. jimredtalon

I am depressed by the road map but not just for the lack of love for the engie but also the lack of love for the Galaxy.
  8. Playful Pony

Least useful? I wouldn't hesitate to say that the Engineer was in fact the most valuable and useful class in the game. They are integral to any vehicle formation, most pilots play engineer for obvious reasons. They are capable of resupplying friendlies in the field, a critical part of any efficient squad. Maintaining base turrets, repairing generators and other structures is also a vital part of the game, one the Engineer alone is capable of doing. It also carries the deloyable turret, more than once it has been the hero saving my squad in a smaller engagement against enemy infantry. You are capable of carrying a variety of highly effective explosives, and in the end you are just as capable in a straight-up infantry fight as most other classes, the available weapons are in no way inferior.

I imagine the Engineer doesn't get "much love" right now because frankly it doesn't need it. As you can see by the plan they put out, there is a LOT of stuff to do. New turrets and other toys will be available in time, we'll just have to be patient.
    • Up x 1
  9. irishroy

this
    • Up x 1
  10. Ghostloadout

I honestly, as a infiltrator that often plays engy, am really sad that they have not added some sort of thing for the engy, whether different flash abilites or ammo resupply, but i was thinking. i NEVER use the engy turret, with good reason, not only does it leave you vulnerable, but it is incredibly bad for any range out of 20m. Also, it kinda bothers me, as an engy that we HAVE to take the turret, why can't we take infinite C4 instead of a turret, or even deployable cover like a large version of the one way shield on turrets. Also i think it would be great to differentiate the types of engy players. Maybe be able to have a deconstructor instead of a repair tool, to destroy armored targets, but, most likely empty. ALSO give us engies the ammo pack as a class ability, instead of the utility crap. I just think this is the kind of love we need, besides extendable stocks on our carbines, like press some arbitrary key, It would decrease horizontal recoil and increase ADS accuracy very slightly, while decreasing hipfire accuracy. These stocks would only be available for the long range and S variants carbines. For NC GD-23 razor, ACx11, Gauss compact S. For TR T5 AMC, Trac-5 S. And for VS Solstice SF, Pulsar C. This would give us assault rifles with lower dmg over range and more accuracy, perfect for headshotting some fools. We already have perfect guns in the LC2 Lynx/LC3 Jaguar GD-7f and Serpent/VX6-7. Maybe this would make LA even better, which every LA wants. So yeah, I'm depressed about roadmap, but i hope they put in this stuff. Like if you agree and give me feedback please!

Long post, per norm...
    • Up x 2
  11. Exidius

Like Higby stated the Classes are to be revised based on class popularity...
    And yeah the least thing SOE could do is give you a MANA Turret update... I mean it s not promised since beta or so
  12. smoke eater

Engineers drop ammo in an easy to access place where there are plenty of people. When someone yells for ammo they probably just drop some (unless they are getting xp from another ammo drop) and expect the person to see where the ammo location is because they are probably on their way to repair something
    • Up x 2
  13. smoke eater

True. I cringe sometimes repairing a tank as a lot will roll out or over you as you are repairing them. Standing to the side doesn't help when they suddenly decide to turn and run straight at you while you are repairing them. There are also many times when I've been repairing a tank or sunderer or MAX (which I would expect to protect me the best) ignore someone coming up on me and killing me. If you protect me while I repair you, you will fare better on the field.
    • Up x 1
  14. smoke eater

I would like a repair tool upgrade where it does lock on. I have found that sometimes depending on the angle, the repair tool will use up energy but not repair the object, even if you are standing right beside it and aimed at it. It would be nice if we could stand to the side of something (like a turret) and look around bit to see if someone is coming to kill us. Oh well, another day.

As for the ammo, if you think about it, its funny. One guy screams for ammo and every engineer within hearing distance drops a pack of ammo. It's like scaring the ammo out of the guy (but in this case ammo is crap). We will look for the most opportune spot to drop the ammo as well, it will be in the middle of an area where more can reach it rather than tucked around a corner and difficult to find. Or the side of a road/path ie: the crown.
  15. LanceHavenbay

Weird. I find the Engineer most useful for every role expect shooting down aircraft. I'm Engineer 99% of the time specifically because of that reason.
  16. Burningeko

I love engineer. 2nd most played class after INF. why does everyone keep saying that INF will get an update here? I haven't seen one dev say that they plan on updating the INF just the most popular classes.
    I cant believe C4 is in our utility slot, i would happily swap the turret for 2 cert bought blocks of c4
  17. biterwylie

Mortar Turret
  18. Rusky

I certainly find it strange that there is no mention of the Engineer there.

I'm not saying we're not a useful class already but in many areas Engineers feel completely unfinished (Turret anyone ? Perhaps the class description that says we can drop shields ? :p The ammo pack that's worse than the alt fire on the turret ? )
  19. Arreo

Yeah, that's the thing. Engy is not a bad class, but it just feels unfinished. I was pretty surprised that there was zero mention of it in the roadmap.
  20. Zerlu

A few ideas (not all original)

Mortar Turret
    AA Turret
    AV turret (probably on par with one armed MAX AV weapon)
    Extended Shield (no gun, just a shield to help block off oddly placed windows and such)
    Deployable jump pad
    Smoke generator
    Bubble Shield (shaped like Warpgate shield...but smaller)
    Auto turret
    Resupply terminal (probably OP)