Any news/update on the second round of account-wide unlocks?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zeke342, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Zeke342

To quote Higby..

In a further post down on Reddit he said it would have set back unlocks 2-3 weeks.. so shouldn't the unlocks have been implemented?

I'm mostly referring to ALL vehicle secondaries and all camos that have the same name, but because it's bought on TR it's a different color than what you would get on the VS character. Such as urban forest or zebra camo.

Just wondering if we can get an update on how the progress is going or if the idea has been scrapped because of the compensation?
    • Up x 3
  2. LightningWolfTigrBer

Would also like an update, but these sorts of questions only ever seem to get answers via Twitter or Reddit. You'd probably have better luck tweeting Higby.
  3. Dramma Lamma

Bump for knowledge.
  4. LightningWolfTigrBer

5. SgtBreastroker

I am looking forward to this if it ever gets implemented.
  6. Zeke342

Tweeted it to Higby yesterday afternoon... no response :/
  7. LightningWolfTigrBer

You could try $medley, but he replies even less.
  8. Sinist

There is no way in hell I would spend the money required to unlock the NC and VS weapons on top of the TR weapons I have already bought.

They need to make each weapon equivalant to another faction's as far as the DEPOT is concerned so when I buy a TR weapon, I get the NC and VS equivalant.

It is not hard.

It does NOT require a ton of data work.

It needs to happen ASAP.

This will continue to foster empire population imbalances because everyone is spending their time on one faction because it's too expensive to play all three.
    • Up x 2
  9. NoctD

I did not know Higby went so far as to promise these were coming - thanks for posting this OP.

If they do it for us in the future I will be mighty thankful... though at this point I think all it would get me is digital camo and the G30 Walker for MBTs of my other faction characters.
  10. Aegie

I think this may be asking a bit too much. Faction specific weapons (most vehicle weapons not included) are just that- faction specific. They require more time to create and balance than NS weapons (and most vehicle weapons) because they are genuinely different from one faction to the other- a Lasher is not a Jackhammer, they are both special HA weapons but they are far from being "equivalent". SOE was never forced to give account wide unlocks for anything and giving account wide unlocks for everything would only further eat into the revenue stream or result in players playing other factions less because a BR50 NC switching to TR would already have lots of goodies so there would be less incentive to play as much for faction specific unlocks/upgrades. I'm glad SOE decided to allow account wide unlocks- I think it both made sense and was a sign of good faith to the consumer. That being said, I think extending this to every item in the game may be a little much. They should have more incentive to produce faction specific weapons (incentives like potentially more customers) and not being account wide unlocks allows may allow them to have relatively better performance than a lot of the NS alternatives since this can be justified by it's uniqueness and the necessity to unlock them for one faction only.
  11. Zeke342

Another reason why I would like to know...

The Harasser is coming out soon.
    If you've seen the weapons list for the harasser... It has a LOT of the same guns that are already in game. As a VS I do not want to purchase the Saron canon again :/ or the walker.. or any other gun I've already had to buy several times over just because it's on a different vehicle but with identical stats.

Especially when not a single gun that has been released since launch has cost less than 1000 certs or 700 SC... It would be understanding if for say the first two months the guns were full price.. but eventually a price cut should be placed :/ leaving every gun released since launch at 700 SC/1000 certs is a bit much.
  12. Benton!

You do understand it's gonna take some work because Sony has to go through every weapon and match it with 2 other weapons right? It WILL take hard work, and can't happen ASAP.

Although you are probably some person that thinks programmers can program games in a couple of days...
  13. Zeke342

Well.. with what Higby said, it should have taken 2-3 weeks since the first round of account wide unlocks.

I started the topic to inquire as to IF the second round of unlocks were still going to happen.. or if the idea has been scrapped because they did the compensation or because of over-complication.

If it was going to take an additional 2-3 weeks, it should have happened by now (or at least I would think.) I know nothing about programming at all and wont pretend to lol :p
    • Up x 1
  14. Aegie

Thanks Zeke.

Also, I (and apparently Higby as well) agree that vehicle weapons that are not faction specific should also be account wide unlocks.

I have in the past and continue to support PS2 financially and how much I do is none of anyone else's business.

Suffice to say, I can afford to buy everyone who plays all the weapons they need... because you have for free the only weapons you need (actually, probably more than you need).

Someone being upset because they cannot afford to buy (or cannot justify to themselves buying) everything they want is fairly repulsive IMO, especially in a F2P game where we should expect new things from time to time- though not quite as repulsive as someone who has this perspective and then insults me because I say something like "I think this may be asking too much" and then go on to agree one some points and disagree on others in a civil and respectful fashion.

I do not have the game's best interests at heart because I want the developers to have more incentive to create more interesting faction specific weapons? Or that the game should have more resources available to make improvements? I do not work for SOE, I am not a PS2 developer, I too would personally benefit from the kind of freebies being discussed so why would I disagree on some of these things being free? Must be because I am so self-centered.
  15. Cyridius

If it would actually take any real work that's a sign of some extremely shoddy programming.

I would believe the reason it would take 2-3 weeks to do it was because we'd have to wait for programmers to be finished with their current jobs before being diverted to account wide unlocks. The job itself shouldn't be much more than coding a method with some simple parameters. Even if this was not the case, there are not so many NS weapons in the game that it would take so long to go through and manually do this.
  16. Sinist

Aegie you are arguiing "If" they should do it not "when", which means you are beyond reasoning with.

Having the account wide unlocks finished is important for SOE finance's. The happier people are the more likely they are to spend money and play the game. Even with weapon equivalants across factions, and vehicle weapons being account wide, there is STILL A TON OF THINGS to spend money on. It's not going to financialy ruin the game, it will create more sales. More perceived value by the consumer = more sales. There is a difference between fleecing and offering something for a fair price. The depot as it is now is fleecing plain and simple. I cant count how many times someone spends 20$ on the DEPOT and feels ripped off when they still need 15 other things for their class and vehicle's; then I never see them log in weeks later.

I would like to play NC and VS a little more, but im not going to spend the money or time required to get the character up to comfortable level as far as cert's and weapons. Its just too much.

There is a REASON that account wide unlocks were the most popular feature on the Roadmap.

Get with the program, or get nasty rebuttals to your posts.
  17. Zeke342

Tweeted the question around... No responses :/ granted I'm sure the devs get about a thousand tweets a day.. most of which are likely overlooked.

Oh well... just gotta hope for the best it would seem.
  18. Iksniljiksul

The other day I bought a SMG on a TR alt with certs and it did not unlock account wide for any other TR on that account. Nor do any weapons bought with certs since the "account wide unlocks" went live for infantry. Account wide unlocks are not functioning at all as claimed and appear to be for SC purchases only (of which I also was never properly compensated. Received 500 certs when I know I had multiple common weapon unlocks at 700sc each which is 1400 certs per weapon according to their refund scheme).

Not that it matters much, as I can't see how anyone can play this game as it stands for more then twenty or thirty minutes a day. (Which is about one base cap with the absurd mechanics in game right now.) The last two game updates has increased "twitch" and decreased thought as a winning factor, which is extremely boring to play.

I am really missing table top war gaming. Alas time has flown and shall not return.
  19. Halcyon

I grew tired of SOE's empty promises after I saw hundreds of paying customers get reimbursed for double purchases and my own double purchases, like burster arms, weren't refunded at all.

Add on top of that Higby telling a customer (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...odays-cert-grants.114869/page-19#post-1558662) he should have been reimbursed for burster arms in the first round, and then me submitting a ticket to SOE support and being told that I shouldn't have been reimbursed for anything in the first round and I had to wait.

Well Higby said one thing, customer service said another. Still waiting to hear back on the resolution from that. Still waiting on reimbursement for all the extra real cash money I paid on duplicate items.
    I've already unsubbed and SOE isn't getting another dime from me until they rectify this situation.

This whole reimbursement thing has been poorly handled from the start, and I don't know how many accounts have been unsubbed due to it but I know of 1 for sure...mine.
  20. jiggu

I had no idea this feature was coming, and it makes me really happy to know that it is. When they first announced account-wide unlocks I thought this would be it, and I was rather dissapointed. I want to be able to play with my friends on other factions and servers without feeling like throwing away all the smedbucks and time that I've spent, at least with this I can have the stuff I paid for, not passing over experience is understandable.

As for Halcyon, that sounds really odd. All my double purchases were reimbursed on all characters.