Any news on the Nvidia related stuff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

So, it's been a while since no word was given about Nvidia's technologies in this game, so I wanted to have an up to date situation of two things (don't turn this into a "PS4 has AMD graphics" thread) :

1) Will PhysX particles return at some point or did devs simply abandonned it ?
    So yeah, they broke PhysX particles with O:MFG. They tried to introduce them back when they started the weekly patches if I recall correctly but then they just had to take them away the next week because "they weren't quite ready for prime time again". Since then, not a single word about that and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one wanting this back.
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm having no trouble with the game right now on high settings and since SLI didn't work anyway, I used my second GPU as PhysX dedicated and I had no frame rate drop whatsoever with the PhysX particles. It was some pretty nice eyecandy and I'm sad it's gone.

2) Will we ever have a proper SLI support ?
    The game never really had a proper SLI profile, but at launch, we could tweak the profile through Nvidia Inspector to make SLI works (using the famous Alice Madness Return SLI profile I think). But along the development of the game, I don't know exactly when, but it broke. Right now (or at least the last time I tried), SLI actually gives worst performances than using a single GPU.

So yeah, have devs talked about this recently ? They're apparently pretty silent about these. Could RadarX or any dev comment on this ?
  2. Hatesphere

particles are fluff so i doubt that they are high priority right now with everything else going on, as for SLI its probibly on a similar priority since there likely arent that many people that even make use of it. in most situations its better to get a single GPU so that's what most people do, sucks that they seem to have forgot about it though. personally I haven't heard too much about both of these lately.
  3. Zotamedu

I guess the first question depends on if Nvidia is still lending them an engineer. Seeing as this is about to get released on PS4 which cannot run GPU accelerated physics because Nvidia refuse to use open things, it seems rather unlikely that PhysX is high up in the priority list.
  4. Bonom Denej

Not a single official word about this though ?

The sad thing to me is that both of those thing used to work just fine (even tho SLI needed to be tweaked) and that they somehow broke it and never fixed it back. Seeing how PhysX particles were advertised when they came out, it's really strange that they just left it out.

The menu is still even present in the games options, it's just greyed out.