Any avdvices for a mid-long range HAs TR weapon ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by customer548, Aug 28, 2015.

1. customer548

Hi,

I'm looking for a mid-long range HAs TR weapon.
    Also, which TR Anti Air rocket launcher would you recommand ?

Thank you.
  2. UberNoob1337101

T32 Bull and TMG-50 are up your alley, they're pretty good at mid-range. I like the Mini-Chaingun too, but it's for closer ranges and you'll need to slap the Ballistic rapid refire toggle.

For an AA rocket launcher either get the Grounder or Annihilator. Striker is IMO still rubbish.
    • Up x 2
  3. 0fly0

I love the bull for mid-long and msw-r for close-mid when i play tr, can't tell for the launcher, the default one is just so good that i never want to change it :s, best default launcher in the game in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  4. Collin

Striker warning its rubbish, TMG-50 is meh the bull is nice but for meium long the NS15 is good
  5. OldMaster80

Consider also the amr-66 which would be unlocked also for your Engineer. It performs ok at long range but it lacks versatility so it cannot compare with most of automatic weapons as you move to close range.

For the AA my suggestion is just forget the Striker, there is no reason to prefer it to lock on launchers.
  6. Stainlesssteel

TMG-50 if you really want to kill someone ..and also when youre good with TMG 50 and change to NC side you will uber score with the Gauss Saw !
    • Up x 1
  7. Haquim

Strange,
    am I the only one who thinks the Rhino is great for long range? Or did it get changed after I got my medal?
  8. Casterbridge

I agree with the Bull and TMG-50, Rhino is also decent, low damage but still accurate enough.

As for the Striker I haven't used it enough yet since the changes but playing with it last night started enjoying it a bit, have to get the lead right, but it's great for blasting air going for strafing runs, and less likely to get blocked by flares or terrain.
  9. TheMish

T-32 bull is phenomenal, but if you don't have the patience to gather up the certs to max it out, and actually get it. Then the Rhino.

However if you have good trigger discipline, the MSW, and even the Carv can serve you well.

As for Rocket launchers, get the Annihilator, because Vanu, and harassers. That way, you can attack aircraft, but you can also hit Harassers, and Magriders.
  10. Plastikfrosch

carv-s with 698rpm is a good allrounder and fits the mid-long scenarios verry well also the Bull is awsome and more capable of ranges therefore the carv is stronger in close ranges (if someone gets the drop on you).
  11. MikeyGeeMan

Tmg50 has a two round burst built for distance and there is a wrel video out there about it.

Launchers well that is tricky

Skep lock on ground with dumb fire
    Striker good target leading will let you scare air assets. And it dumb fires but the damage is really low, but very nice against air if you can aim
    Annihilator ground and air lockon. No dumb fire
    Decimater beefed up dumb fire rocket

Pick your poison
  12. customer548

Thank you all for your help.
    Have fun.
  13. Peebuddy

I love using the NS15 with night optics, the distance of the scope fits perfectly with the range of the gun. It's low recoil and slow bloom means you can fire at targets for almost most the magazine before needing to recover.

Plus it's the only gun available to Nc/Tr with .75ams that totally isn't OP in the slightest and is just as good as good as all the other .5 ads LMGs according to what a particular faction says.

Here's Wrels review of the gun, though take it with a grain of salt because wrel wrecks with most guns. but the review is nice.
  14. ConradHorse

A few skilled enemies at close range: Any shotgun
    A few skilled enemies at close-mid range: I use MSW-R or some of the NS-weapons although never tried SMGs and I think they would perform better
    Unskilled zerg at close-mid range: MCG. Skilled zerg will mow you down as soon as they hear you.
    Skilled zerg at close range: Any shotgun
    Mid-high range: TMG-50, some NS weapons or AMR

For long range, TMG has too high kick unless you use burst fire, or preferably, single shot, but even with that, 8x scope may punch you in the eye. AMR is okay although you won't get too many kills, either.

If you plan to play long range then just equip as the infiltrator.

Now for the launchers:

My two favorites are the Decimator and Grounder. If you practice a lot you will praise the dumbfire mode on ground targets. Grounder however the lower damage than the decimator or skep, has the ability to hit air and with 2 missiles you can bring down most of the ESFs. 2 hits in a row is possible, but you will mostly manage to hit only once. For 3 times in a row you need much luck so better equip a MCG too if you 're planning to fend off the fliers.

You may be discouraged by the clumsyness of the decimator compared to , well, any other launcher (its rockets are slower than anyone else and this also has impact on range, so you may fell more comfy with skep).

Although I discourage annihilator, it's quite good against harassers and other flash crap, and long range tanks as well (although you will rarely destroy anything, everyone will run away before this junk locks on. but if you have to do the directives and need the 'fifth' one, then i suggest annihilator)