Any Air sunder shood be able to easy kill liberator!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Randomplayer11, May 14, 2014.

1. Shamokin

The only damm problem I have with Libs right now is the fact that they can hover at 500 meters dropping hate on me and I cant lock them. This goes for Gals too.

I will argue with OP though a bit. When I load my sundy with 2 rangers, Libs don't stick around long. I think what a lot of people are having problems with are actually hitting the targets. I have watched a lot of people shooting tons of rounds and not even touching their targets. You have to learn to lead your targets.
    • Up x 1
  2. axiom537

First part agree
    Second part I don't agree...First off the Liberator can not kill everything easily...

The top counters to a liberator are either an ESF and or another liberator and neither are easy kills for a liberator, they are equally capable and will come down to pilot skill, which is perfect.

As for ground forces and you really need to group both AA ground vehicles and AA infantry into the same category, since both operate on the same plane and are often in close proximity. That being said a single Sky guard or even a burster max can defeat a Liberator, if they are smart. I have done it many times, I have lost many times, but I have won as well, but as soon as you add another skyguard or even a Burster or 1 or 2 lock-on launchers into the mix, then it is not even a close fight, those ground troops will easily dispatch with a liberator.

Even if we look at balancing it according to resources and man power a 1 Skyguard + 1 Dual Burster + 1 Lock-on Launcher is approx. the same amount of resources and man power as a 3/3 Liberator and very few liberators are going to survive against that. or even 3 bursters for that matter. When it comes to lock-ons, right around 4-5 is about what you need to easily dispatch a liberator, but that is ok because they have no resource cost and can be instantly switched to from any infantry terminal or Sunderer and even if that infantryman goes down, they can be revived in 2 sec or respawn in 10.

You also really need to consider that at any given time and almost instantly ground forces particularly infantry can instantly switch to G2A AA and because of the amount of infantry present at any given fight we can not allow them to equally compete vs a liberator in a 1 vs 1 ratio, otherwise they would completely dominate the Air above the fight and at that point there is no reason to pull Air.
    • Up x 2
  3. JackD

Yeah, pretty much like the good old HE.
  4. Tentakewls

Lib hovering at ~500m wins against any sundy configuration easily. Could probably take 3 at the same time with little problem since it's outside of lock on range, and all of the "AA" guns, (including skyguard and burster MAXes) are terrible at hitting anything past 200m due to their ridiculous CoF. And of course the Lib can leave instantly whenever he wants.
    Meanwhile you have a big, stationary ground vehicle that sacrificied all it's defense against ground for the illusion of having defense against air.
    • Up x 3
  5. JackD

See, your point is that the Lib got a huge buff because composite got a buff against Tank shells. Here is the thing. Good pilots dont got shot down by tanks even before the patch. The month before the patch i got shot down once by a Tank once and i was flying nearly daily. AP´s shoting down Libs was just a gimmick, but no real defense strategy, when i attack a tank henormaly wouldnt even have a chance when AP would OHK.

Didnt effect people like me and iam one of those who farms tanks. The problem of the Lib before the patch was that there are only a very few that actually fly them as often as others fly ESF and those normaly were very good because otherwise you are dead after 5 min.

And Libs are the hard counter to Tanks, it isnt written down anywhere but this is the nature of the game and the hard counter to Libs are ESF. But iam not crying all day long how unfair it is that even with a great gunner and over 200hours in a Lib i stand no chance against really good ESF pilot.
  6. DirArtillerySupport

Empty PR6 Sundy parked inside a tower under anti-air Phalanx + Confused Liberator = Profit.
    • Up x 1
  7. MagMourner

It's funny, the other day after being caught in the open and quickly destroyed by a Lib, I did think what fun it would be to produce an anti-Lib beast. Just a single Sunderer but loaded with AA, burster maxes, lock-on heavies and an engineer or two.

It would look like a tasty fat morsel wandering alone well away from heavy action (favourite hunting ground for some pilots - who enjoy the defenseless) and then as they come in for yet another easy-xp feast, all hell breaks loose and they (eventually) die. Oh how happy would that make you.

So to accomplish - all you need is a well coordinated group, a shed load of certs and a bit of luck to dodge any enemy sniper tanks. Oh and to be very aware of incoming air.

Doesn't seem balanced to be fair but hey, it's good to see that some people are putting this into practice - and the satisfaction they must get from it...
  8. axiom537

Actually, the only Lib able to make that shot is the Dalton, and the three players in the sunderer could just swap load outs too engineers and they would out repair the DPS from the Dalton round and at some point the Liberator will run out of Ammo and it will be a stalemate or another Air vehicle will notice the Dalton lib hovering and take it out...

FYI did I mention that the 3 engineers will not render and not take any damage what so ever from those dalton shots, but they will sit back and earn repair cert points at no risk...
    • Up x 1
  9. FaLI3N

I would of shot you down. I pinged those jerks out of the sky all the time pre-buff and even now I am easily nailing 2-3 shots on them with the slowest projectile velocity AP round in the game so yes it was a huge buff. Previously they would be a flaming pile of crap, now they are killing me easily and then moving on to kill everything else. The huge spike damage from an AP round made a lib instantly retreat or stick around to die by either me with a follow up shot or another AA source/ friendly ESF.

You have every chance to fight back against all of your counters, we can't. You are the hard counter to tanks and completely stomp them giving them little to no chance to react but your survivability makes this a complete non-issue for you against your counters outside of another liberator (which is not balance).

For the average tanker sitting on a hill in a line with 8 other tanks all around him spamming shells at the spawn room hoping for hitmarkers yes this resistance buff was not a big deal, but for the ACTUAL tankers this was a massive slap in the face. For those of us who spend time in the tank and can actually aim it was fairly easy to make a lib exit the area and even scare him away if he failed his TB run with skill-based shooting. This is now a thing of the past and liberators just hover in front of an AV MBT laughing while it out-DPS it with no skill whatsoever. I have only gotten better and better at hitting liberators with AP since the buff because there are more targets and I have to hit them more so if this stupid buff ever gets reverted there will be a lot of plebs crying.. Stealth lets me hit you once before you even know I am there and I will hit you a second time before you can flee.
    • Up x 1
  10. Corporate Thug

Everyone just save up your Aero resources and pull galaxies to ram liberators. If everyone does it then we can clear the skies and read their QQ threads.
  11. Tentakewls

Then the lib can just drop down, kill them and go back up.
    • Up x 1
  12. Vixxing

Why? its 3 ppl in a sundy vs 3 ppl in a lib? they can also change in sundy to take on AV/AI roles freely...
  13. Huxer

Ju
    Just for kicks, I wanted to point out how hilariously dumb this opinion seems to me. Let me simply restate the opinion in a more lamens terms.

IF you get daltoned in your sundy, it's easy to survive and DETER the lib. All you need to do is have 3 guys jump out while the lib isbeign daltoned and start repairing, ( no chance they could be blown up doing this). Eventually the guys in the lib will run out of ammo and leave. So freakin funny! Also if a bear is chasing you, keep running and dodging, he will get tired and leave if you do it right right LOL, or how about, if you get ingto a CQC battle as a medic try to juke and heal until he is out of bullets :p
  14. axiom537

Then 2 of them can switch to dual bursters and the driver can get into one of the guns, or continue to repair the sunderer. Obviously for the Dalton to be hitting from 500m means they have zoom and not thermals, which means as the bursters really start lighting that guy up he is going to be nearly blind and be much less accurate.

This is a pretty even fight all the way around, but I would still put the odds in favor of the sunderer and even if the liberator wins it is going to have a sliver of health and any random would be able to finish them off.
    • Up x 1
  15. axiom537

I didn't create the scenerio, the other poster did..And you may think this is funny, but I can't tell you how many times I have had a parked sunderer with a Dalton lib sniping at it and all I did was sit there and out repair the damage it was doing. you do not even need 3 engineers to out repair the DPS, when a Dalton Lib tries to snipe you at max range. I can easily do it with my maxed our repair tool and my maxed out fire suppression (hop in every 45 sec and pop the fire suppression for 12% repair...

Laugh all you want but this is what smart player do and that is why we do not have the same issues as the lemmings...
    • Up x 1
  16. SNAFUS

Battle buses **** Libs FYI. As long as you don't have incompetent gunners that are actually scanning their sectors then you will almost always see the Lib first allowing you to burn him down before he even approaches you.
    • Up x 1
  17. Tentakewls

Except the lib can always leave since the sundy can't chase him, while the sundy can't do the same. Also, I have no problems aiming through flak.
  18. axiom537

Ok it left, whats the issue, you didn't die, it was forced off to repair or reload and you earned a bunch of repair certs...besides any points from troops spawning into the bus...If you have 1 or 2 players in your squad or platoon, like every well balanced platoon should, give them your location and let them chase down the injured ammo-less lib for a free kill...
    • Up x 1
  19. Arsonix

I wonder how many of the QQers are using the inferior walker instead of the superior ranger master race. Walkers are good for scaring off the occasional slow flying ESF but just one ranger is all a sundy needs to qualify as a roaming no fly zone. 2 should be a warcrime.
  20. axiom537

True, but I like the walkers, because they work really well on harassers and they do fair damage to other vehicles and infantry as well...
    • Up x 1