[Suggestion] AntiAliasing & Anisotropic put in game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Nov 2, 2017.

1. NeonSonic

This game doesnt use much graphic memory around 1200mb - 1500mb at 1920x1080 or the higher resolutions at ultra everything but with shadows on high. I figured since its 2017 now and the game was released in 2012 the game could use the Antialiasing 8x and Anisotropic filtering 16x atleast i try and force it through nvidia control panel but it doesnt seem to make a difference i still see jaggies even at high resolutions like 1440p and 1080p and 4k. so something like this is needed to eliminate that problem. Also games like l4d2 (2009 but really good graphics maxed out in game video options - not a single jaggied edge in l4d2) and warframe have good Antialiasing and Anisotropic options for example.
  2. Liewec123

the game kiiiinda has anti aliasing, kinda...
    if you go to the planetside 2 game folder, open UserOptions.ini (using notepad or something similar)
    and change "RenderQuality" near the top from 1.0 to anything up to 2.0, at 2.0 the game is super crisp,
    make sure that once you've saved the change, you right click the file and in "properties" set it to "read only"
    or the game will keep resetting it to the in-game max of 1.0
    warning: it hits your performance fairly hard if you don't have the computer for it! :p
    • Up x 1
  3. Lord_Mogul

Besides the RenderQuality Downsampling/Supersampling and AF overrides in the graphics driver we are stuck with a horrible implementation of FXAA. Too blurry, too much flicker. Extremely ugly on native resolution and makes things in the distance appear worse. For a time some while ago to disable it, with not only major improvement in image quality, but also noticable on the performance.
    Being able to have some MSAA, SMAA or similar would help the game alot.