Anti-Vehicle MANA-Turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by DankFist, Feb 13, 2013.

1. DankFist

· Depot – New MANA Anti-Vehicle Turret available for purchase.

It's about time. Hopefully it's not as bad of a design as the Anti-Infantry MANA Turret
    • Up x 1
  2. Crysander

Unless this gives you the ability to take more than one Tank based attack it will be just as bad. Gut feeling here - but hope springs eternal right?.... Right?
  3. DankFist

Sadly, this is probably true. I suspect it has the same HP and Render distance as our AI Turret. So if that's the case it'll become jus as useless.
  4. Azerin

I'm sure I can find some use for it, even if it's situational. It's still far better than the AI turret :D
  5. Crysander

On the upside we can hope it doesnt have the handy and obvious 'Hey snipers, aim for this bit where my head is for free xp' as its for armour. Seriously want to get online and try this already, been the most interested I've been in a patch in quite some time. In before warpgates are full of the bloody things :p

I do however feel that as our current 'ability' is so lackluster having to make us BUY (regardless of cash or certs) the new turret is a bit of an insult.
  6. Hordak

Sounds interesting. If any thing it will give you a little more variety(not like engineer lacks that).

I will be happy sniping you guys off those and watching your frustration on the forums :D
    • Up x 1
  7. DankFist

I think i'll play test it first. If that gaping hole is still there, i'm not buying it.
  8. Crysander

You got that damn right, even if it fires nukes - with the new render distance improvements the turrets are even LESS useful if thats at all possible. If your even visible from anywhere outside its just game over.
  9. DankFist

Well, I couldn't trial it because when I did I crashed almost immediately and the trial vanished. But others did as well and the turret doesns't even have a god damn shield. Probably not going to buy it.

EDIT: I just had to reequip it. It does actually FOLLOW your crosshairs. :)
  10. Crysander

Okay, just trialed it.
    • Takes 4 front armour shots on the Mag to catch it alight
    • Does about 55-60% damage to the rear of a Mag
    • Does 25% damage to side armour on a Mag
    • It's WIRE GUIDED so you can steer it in mid air
    • No protective shield WHATSOEVER
    • 6s Between shots
    • Certable decrease to 4.5s
    • Costs 700 SC/1000 Certs
    It's disappointing - new render distance means snipers wont even have to aim for the gap, headshots from everyone else will still be a problem as well as body damage. Can't see why standing completely still for everyone to shoot you - including tanks that will most likely one shot you - is worth it. Sorry, but I doubt I'll be buying it.
  11. Gary

I don't think they designed it to go face to face with a tank more of a quick that tank is busy shooting over there! Get some damage in with AV turret, Oh crap he is looking to deal with me RUUUUN!!
  12. Chipskream

The main point: Is it transfomable to an ammo pack like the Ai turret? If no, I wont even bother.
    • Up x 1
  13. Rusky

It is.

I love it. Need to see if it does any infantry splash. It's already so much fun shooting this thing around corners xD

You can make some CRAZY shots with this thing and I suspect we'll be seeing montages of AA shots soon enough.

If it does infantry splash though it's going to be better than the regular turret in every way possible and it'll be better than the HA rocket for bio lab explosion spam.
  14. Crysander

While I agree with this entirely as I've had a stupid grin on my face the whole time I've been firing rockets off of the Crown - the no shield at all is a deal breaker for me. Infantry have already killed me a dozen times while trialling because the turret renders like a vehicle but they seem to be able to headshot me regardless. You'd have no chance against any 2/2 MBT/Lightning/3/12 Sundy with their head screwed on as there's no shield. The secondary gunners can kill you in a matter of seconds or the main cannon can just one shot you.
  15. Rusky

You're not supposed to stand there on top of a hill going mano-a-mano with the tanks. You put it behind cover and use the wire guidance to shoot the tanks :D

I'm certain anyone who was expecting some kind of shielded AT gun will be disappointed but that's never what this was supposed to be. It hits harder than I expected too so I think it's really good for its intended role: AV support.
    • Up x 3
  16. hostilechild

since its wire guided you should be able to hide then shoot it? and fly it to your target?

Will have to try it after work.
  17. Arreo

So it is basically like the TOW turrets in Battlefield 2?

Huh... I like the sound of that a fair amount...
    • Up x 1
  18. Kaon1311

Annihilators now wire guided rockets, rofl. Think i just heard every tank driver shed a tear all at once.
  19. Rusky

it's not quite as mindless as the anni lock on. The farther out your target is that harder it gets to judge depth and figure out when to turn the rocket.

It does a healthy amount of damage though, just as much as a HA dumbfire. It will 2 shot an MBT with 2 back hits.
  20. Gary

Would like to add that The AV turret does have a Shield... Just currently they bugged the shields and they no longer show still have the hit boxes though!

twitch.tv/spencley/c/1924265

Also yes it does still double up as an Ammo pack.

The ability itself is not actually a turret, It is a nanite blue print builder which by default has the ammo pack and one other device (a turret) You can swap the turret out and still have an ammo pack.

Edit - It appears the shields appear most times but on rare occasions they will simply not show.
    • Up x 4