[Suggestion] anti-air mines/raid balloons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spookydodger, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Spookydodger

I remember air mines from a game called Shattered Galaxies. While the two games are entirely dissimilar in practically every way other than being sci-fi and on a lonely planet far from home, the idea intrigued me when I pondered it for this game.

Their could be potentially 2 variants of them, a small one deployed by infantry, and a large one laid by aircraft (perhaps in place of the rear lib gun or secondary (rockets) fighter weapon. Since there is a lot of air-space, they would need to be fairly large explosions, and perhaps not so expensive.

They would be used primarily to dissuade fighters from hover rocketting or in case close-range liberators became a problem.

Might be interesting to deploy out spawn doors since that's always a favorite place.

Anyhow, just a random thought. Not really sussed out to figure out how useful it would be or see the pitfalls.
  2. ROMNEYTRON

Or you could us an AA Max or Skyguard. If you're too lazy to make the switch then you deserve to get smashed by air.
  3. Kracin

i think anti-air mines that do maybe 1/4 an esf health worth of damage would be a great idea, especially if when deployed they float at a pre-determined height somewhere around the height of the top of an air tower, they would be a great way for classes that aren't a heavy or a max to deploy some deterrents to keep hover spammers away for a minute at least.

i have a feeling t hey would be easily taken out by people flying around seeing mines everywhere
    • Up x 1
  4. TheEvilBlight

I don't see how this effects someone from a few hundred meters up in a properly equipped Lib.

I'm a infantryman myself and all, but ESFs aren't as big a threat to the game as Libs are. The rocketpod nerf has done them a world of good. They will still tear up a Sundy or any other vehicle, but they are no longer instadoom.