Another patch, another drastic drop in performance.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Typhoeus, May 22, 2013.

1. Typhoeus

Guys seriously one patch im running on ultra at 50fps GPU no probs, the next I'm back down to 22fps CPU. This patch I'm back to 22fps CPU. On ultra as usual to try and force the GPU's to do the work. Why is this always up and down, months down the road? So frustrating :( Perhaps put a check box that lets you chose manually what you want the game to use to render the game?

Also going from ultra to very low I gain 3-4 fps. 22 on ultra to 25-6 on very low. Raaaaage.
    • Up x 1
  2. Odan.be

That's weird...
    I set everything to the new Ultra settings and it runs the same or even better then with GU8...
  3. GUSRG

Yeah, the game don't use the GPU and CPU correcly, and as result we got a horrible FPS. =(

I made a test, everthing on very low in a great combat 10 - 15 FPS, and on medium/high about 8 - 15 FPS.

We need a fix for this horrible issue, I don't have "The Ultimate Gamer PC", but I used to play without lag, now after GU09 the game is unplayable again =(
  4. CrimsonFear

As with me, I'm also getting slightly better FPS than before just like 3-5 frames more. Don't know why....
  5. LongestHorizon

Same here...

I still don't like lattice. I've always tried to stay away from the large fights, due to performance, but now they've come to me :(
  6. ALeviathan

Tried deleting these?

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll
  7. tigerchips

As far as I know the ultra setting is only for people with more than 1gb of Video ram. Whenever I tried to use it (this is before the update) it gave me stuttering once in a while. I presumed this was due to the lack of VRAM. I have yet to test it with the new patch.
  8. FLHuk

Every patch results in piss poor fps, yesterday being no different, 8-15fps in bio labs.... Quick doing the above and I'm back to 60fps.... It's unreasonable to expect a sticky or a proper performance thread or, god forbid, these issues be fixed!

Good luck guys.
  9. Seabottom

You're kidding me. You can actually increase the framerate by deleting those files? I assume I have to validate game assets after that right?

I still can't believe that after all this time after the BETA ended.... The performance still hasn't been fixed. I'll never buy any game from sony again, this game is unplayable and all they care about is making money on a broken game.
  10. CrimsonFear

Holy S!@# 3x 670? and its unplayable? with my 2x460's I still get 30 fps in bit fights (bio labs)!
  11. Seabottom

That's what I said - Unplayable
  12. FPSnoob

Says you
    I'm getting an increase in performance after EVERY patch
    I think it also depends largely on what time and server you play

I was playing connery tr and getting almost 30fps with the whole mini map filled with ally tanks
  13. MrMojay

I have seen a big hit in performance on Indar, obviously it is because the fights are more focused and intense which equals more players/vehicles and my GPU is ancient but I have never had this bad performance when playing and I am not one to usually complain about it, I was getting about 20 fps in large battles and 30+ when no-one was around.
  14. Zaythin

Uhhh, this game is FREE! Your choice to spend cash, which if you were having issues, maybe you should have waited!
  15. Doc Jim

I don't understand why I should delete the aforementioned files after every flipping patch.
    The performance gain (or restoration) is short-lived and it costs me about 10 minutes to redo my settings every time. Why can't SOE fix this poo?

Edit: I stand corrected, 10 minutes is wrong, the keybindings are still there. I still think that deleting those files shouldn't be the customers job. (Yes, I'm a customer, not a freeloader)
  16. gommer556

every patch people are saying that they are getting huge performance drops. i have a REALLY crappy computer and no matter what patch i have always maintained at least 30 FPS, sometimes 20 if its a really large tech plant or biolab fight. i dont really understand all these drops in FPS with everyone. its not like a have a good computer, its a peice of crap.

also, if everyone had HUGE FPS drops each patch then by now everyone would have like -100 FPS, so you cant be dropping THAT much. or the devs just fix it so you get your frames back...
    • Up x 1
  17. Seabottom

I haven't spent a single cent on this game, but you know as well as I do that A LOT of people pour money into this game like it was your average vending machine.
  18. FLHuk

As I'm sure you noticed in the quote you so kindly posted, after doing the above I'm back to 60fps.

So yeah, after every patch I have, like so many others, had a huge performance drop that has then been hot fixed by trawling through the forums looking for little bits of advice buried within or by waiting for them to fix that which they broke.

The game runs differently on identical i7s, as so many have posted, so it's not uncommon for people like yourself to be blessed with no problems at all, enjoy the game and spare a thought for the few ;)
  19. gommer556

i didnt say i have no problems. my computer is garbage,. i3-2100 and a GT 520. its laughable. ill get back to you later in june when i get my new computer (i5-3570k and a 660)
  20. GUSRG

Guys try to update the Nvidia drivers to 320.18, I installed the new drivers and this increased a lot my FPS =)