Another fantastic Waterson's fight ruined

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Sep 19, 2021.

1. RabidIBM

This is another "Esamir lattice is broken" rant.

I just logged out of Connery, and we were having a banger of a fight at Waterson's Redemption. All 3 factions were present in the 48-96 range, which for Connery means pretty much all in from everyone. Infantry were having it out in the octagon, columns of tanks from all factions were ebbing and flowing around the base, aircraft were pounding the ground and each other, a colossus showed up, a bastion showed up to blast away and get shot down, and even builders showed up to build a laser base and hold it against tank attacks. It was fantastic and all of Planetside 2 was represented.

Then...12-24 guys...took Elli...and cut it all off. Now, yes strategic plays and territory cut offs should be a thing, but they shouldn't be as easy as they currently are in this broken version of Esamir we have. Remember Elli Amp Station? The not at all easy to take space castle in the south which prevented this? If the south warpgate faction ever were crutching on Elli Amp Station and Waterson's Redemption at the same time then there were definitely on the back foot and in trouble, but they at least had some ropes to lean on until they could right themselves.

I'm sure we've all noticed that Southern warpgate on Esamir is the B---- gate, and this is exactly why. From the Ymir containment site there is nothing but 4 minute 1 point bases all the way to the warpgate. Waterson's redemption is a great hold out only for as long as it takes to cut it off. The west side has a similar problem in that if the containment site doesn't hold then once again it's 4 minute bases all the way to the warpgate. We used to have Jaeger's Crossing to mirror Snowshear as a crutch, or as the ropes to lean on or whatever, no longer.

Shattered warpgate didn't fix Esamir's balance, it just reversed the unbalance.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

But the battlefield has to flow! All bases should fall eventually just because the attackers weren't repelled to ensure there is movement on the map! Who cares about making defending an increasingly useless thing to do? We should just put the point inside the Sunderer Garage and if defenders cant hold onto it its their fault!
  3. JibbaJabba

Esamir is a chunk of crap. I log off a lot when that map is up.

The lattice is broken. While a few good bases got added, much fantastic content was destroyed foolishly. In the remaining, armor still gets to shell infantry (oh boy what fun for ONE person).

Containment sites need some rework, teleporters, something. Right now it's the place where all KPM goes to die.

That said, it's rare that I see a watersons fight that is good.
    • Up x 1