Another day, another Phoenix buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l3lessed

This is just straw man fallacies galore. All those things come with a large number of differing drawbacks. The problem with the phoenix is that draw back is non-existent. So you have to stand there for a second while your pilot it. the majority of the time, you firing from a secured position anyways, and, even if your aren't, you can just exit the camera the second you line it up.

As for the above points, two and three are moot, as you can willingly exit the camera at any moment, and you can easily fire from a secure position and guide it to the target you want without ever exposing yourself. Point one is also ridiculous, because anything over 300M, you need a lock on anyways, unless the driver is completely obtuse.
  2. HadesR

Which does more damage than the Decimator

Per reload :

Deci = 2000
    Striker = 2500

Per ammo pool

Deci = 6000
    Striker = 7500

And lock on as well
  3. CletusMcGuilly

Only thing the it can hit that the striker can't is infantry, which it has been nerfed against (and is scheduled to get a second nerf so that it can barely see infantry), it is stronger than the striker in the same way all NC weapons are stronger than the other two empires. The Striker more than makes up for this in RoF and ammo capacity, just like all TR weapons have higher RoF than the other two empires.

And so what if it can locate a sundy. Any esf can do that, or a cloaked infiltrator. Heck, anyone with two brain cells to rub together can tell that a sundy lies on the other side of the line of idiots streaming out of it. So stop acting like its a valid point.
  4. centurionvi

Not really. Tanks are a cinch to destroy, and when destroyed they stay destroyed. No matter how many Phoenix Assaults you kill they'll simply rise from the ashes 15 seconds later to fling more ghostly balls of death at you. Theres nothing you can do to stop it. They can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with. They feel no pity or remorse..
  5. CletusMcGuilly

Almost equal to another factions launcher makes it "Far more op that the other two factions"? No need to continue arguing with you, you're obviously a troll, or incredibly stupid.
  6. teks

Because thats VSes job
  7. St0mpy

No limitation.

1. You can see at least 150-200m ahead of the camera, huge for scouting. Also you can act over that range with no lock, no warning.

2. No. Youd imagine theyd be more exposed wouldnt you. However I can tell you are just picking what you think should be the case and sadly here you are wrong. The actual stats for deaths while using Striker/Phoenix is 12 per hour for Striker users and 10 deaths per hour for Phoenix users.

3. Which can be instant when pressing E, the chamber instantly reloads and the missile carrys on as a dumbfire would.
  8. St0mpy

LOL and you still exaggerate and try to talk down your totally OP launcher, slightly below deci lol, its above deci, go try it, its awesome.

And how is a Striker user supposed to acquire lock, get 18 hits, including reloading three times and retaining lock all in the open, just to kill an MBT in the same way? Shall we have vanguards circle to make it easier for us? We need it.
  9. Sedisp

Oh hyperbole. I missed you.

So a few things.

The Phoenix pays for its damage with the following.

-Requires you being within 300 meters of the target.
    -Relies on user ability
    -Relies on you being completely vulnerable for longer than any of the ESRLs
    -Has lowest sustained damage
    -Mediocre effectiveness against Lightnings
    -Worst against all aircraft

The Striker pays for its damage with the following

-has lowest burst damage.
    -Mediocre effectiveness against ESFs
    -Target gets a lock on warning.
    -Worst against lightnings

The striker requires a target to have certed out Smoke or Flares. Which means that the presence of the launcher is so powerful it's taking the cert system (which is supposed to be about choices) and making requirements.

Until the phoenix changes the Striker was the only ESRL that could not be healed through!

It's almost like one person shouldn't be able to kill a front armored tank!

You also can fire off all five rounds from the saftey of cover if you angle your shot at a 90 degree angle.
  10. St0mpy

you are obviously a biassed flamebaiter if you cant accept when two teams have the same power then why is one forced to make a lock first, alert the enemy first, not have TV guidance, not hit infantry at all.

Yours does all that and more, yet hits the same and you call that equal? No need to continue arguing with you, you're obviously posting flamebait here, or are incredibly stupid
  11. LordMondando

I have, its not.

I could just as easily say to you 'your exaggerating'.

As other people have pointed out, per 'clip' striker wins.

Your argument at this point is 'phoenix should not be good' not 'the phoenix is op'
    • Up x 1
  12. GhostAvatar

Shall we take a look at that so so low ROF. Phoenix has a 5.2s reload time, 0s lock on time, 0s firing time for full salvo, and variable flight time before being able to reload due to distance of target. Lets go with the half way mark of 3.5s flight time. That's a total of 8.7s. Now the Striker has a 4.4s reload time, 2.5s lock on time, 3s firing time for full salvo, and 0s of flight time before being able to reload. That's a grand total of 9.9s and slower than the Phoenix by 1.2s.

So not only does the Phoenix do more damage vs vehicles, it also has a faster ROF to impart that damage. Meaning its effective DPS against vehicles is higher than the Striker. And it will continue that higher ROF up to 197m and higher DPS beyond that range due to the higher damage.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sedisp

Because the Striker has more damage potential and higher DPS as well as nearly twice the range as well as ease of use.

Basically you want all that and not have any competition in terms of good.
  14. Puppy

By stealth buff you mean completely mentioned in the patch notes that they slowed it down when firing and it then gets faster as it goes.
  15. PS2Freak

I take this threads not more serious.

another day, another Bias talk
  16. Sedisp

The striker does 2500 damage the Phoenix does 2k.
  17. PS2Freak

they dont accept it. their perception is biased. they dont need arguments.
  18. GhostAvatar

I have fire suppression on my lib, unlocked and equipped it yesterday in fact. 21 days play time :p
  19. St0mpy

No, quote source pls.

How far is the range when the ESF flies away before we can get 1 salvo off? You have alpha strike capability, we can only use the small extra range if we maintain lock on a startled and evading enemy.

How is being forced to aquire a lock before we can even fire it easy use? Youre just making things up for the sake of arguing.

Dont tell me what I want, show me facts not some prediction, who are you? Mystic meg?
  20. Shaolungbao

What's your point? that is the only type of player (tank or air) that a striker can hit no matter what.

Even more i fail to see why strikers CANNOT hit infantry, maxes, turrets and no hipfire.

Just because it's lockon? as opposed to guided from cover or instant damage..

Because it has 5 rockets? i'd rather have just 1 or 2 - but NC/VS wouldn't like that, so it's admittedly a negative point.

Because of damage? that just changed

So what's this "balance"? Don't quote the sheets.. those are useless; high school kids could come up with better statistical analysis within a week of part-time paid work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.