Anchor Gunplay Video

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by CerealBox, Mar 15, 2014.

1. CerealBox

Well I forgot to share this. I think the majority of the video was recorded at Indar Bay Point.
    Using the 3.4x scope, ADV Laser (I think), and soft point ammo.

• Up x 2
  2. BigIronRanger

Hey cereal its me Blackandbiue fellow recursion member.

Nice and entertaining video dude but may i recommend you never equip any sight passed the 2x on full auto weapons.
    I would like to think its preference but anything beyond the 2x scope will really hinder your performance (accuray, headshot rate, situational awareness) not to mention it will leave you tunnel visioned especially with the jerky recoil of the anchor. There were many instances in the video of you taking to long to kill enemies cause you were missing a lot or because the scope didn't allow for quick acquisition.

Even the 1x and 2x reflex sights are a bit wonky, I tend to stay away from them because they are a bit of center (SOE seriously need to fix this) and long range shooting becomes hit and miss.

The HS/NV scope is the only way to go really, only time i don't use it is when im on Esamir and im forced to us the 1x reflex cause the damn whiteness of the snow blends the enemies into the landscape.

Keep up the gameplay dude hope to see more.
  3. CerealBox

Wtf, you're BigIronRanger!?!? How did I not know this?

And my most played/prefered continent is Esamir. I move back and forth between scopes depending on how I feel or what I'm doing at the moment. Thanks for letting me know BIR.
  4. miraculousmouse

Great video, makes me wanna go back to the Anchor after I'm done with the Gauss Saw so I can get a higher accuracy stat ;)
  5. Bankrotas

How the hell people manage to use it is beyond me :/. Not feeling recoil just feels off to me. I rather go with iron sights than HV/NS. Also, doesn't ADS speed fell bit sluggish with it?
  6. BigIronRanger

I think ADS isn't really effected by what sights you have equipped more what gun you are using.
  7. Bankrotas

HV/NV scope was nerfed 2 times. Second time with sway, first time with small delay of going into ADS.

EDIT: make it 3, infiltrators were made invisible while using it.
  8. Myrgatroid

I've felt the same way about anything above 2x. Recently, I've tried using the 3.4, but it hasn't really helped me the way it's helped some in our outfit.

The main drawback for me is the loss of situational awareness. For the SAW, I prefer the 1x. For the rest I don't have much of a preference beyond 1x or 2x depending on the situation. Wish I could use the HS/NV like you do, but the only weapon I can seem to use it on is the ns-15m.
  9. cruczi

This looks like it is recorded in 720p but uploaded in 1080p ?
  10. KnightCole

I wish they would make the HSNV use the same view as other scopes. Instead of putting us into some quasi sniper view...its why I can never get the hang of it. The view of machegunning n sniper view...it doesnt click with me.

Plus HSNV I can never see anything. Its range is short so at night I cant see stuff, its always a black blob. and during the day everything is bright white lights.

PLus the adjustment of different colors and stuff to suddenly all black n white...
  11. Killerdude8

If I told you it's weird seeing a Recursion member without a Jackhammer, would you be offended?
    :p

Anyways, Nice vid, was a good watch.
    :)
  12. RockPlanetSide2

What exactly do you like about the Anchor in the videos situations that another gun would have not been better?
  13. Myrgatroid

Don't think anyone would be offended, but it seems to be a strange observation. Nc05 isn't something that SL/PL ever tells us to have ready, and it isn't something I see anyone using with regularity (as of late, at least).

Some science that may help to dispel any OO Jackhammer fiend myths:

70 Recursion members have a Gauss SAW Auraxium
    56 Recursion members have an Anchor Auraxium
    55 Recursion members have an EM6 Auraxium
    36 Recursion members have a GD-22s Auraxium
    34 Recursion members have an EM1 Auraxium
    30 Recursion members have a Gauss SAW-s Auraxium
    30 Recursion members have a NS-15m Auraxium
    22 Recursion members have a Jackhammer Auraxium
    • Up x 1
  14. Myrgatroid

I can't edit the above post, but just a bit more info (clearly I am bored @ work today):

The total of ALL OO (Auraxium medal) Jackhammer kills is ~ 45,733.
    The total of JUST the top 4 00 Anchor user kills is ~ 48,131.

The Jackhammer makes up for just 1.2% total of Recursion's 3,805,350 kills.
  15. BigIronRanger

Yeah the HS/NV does take some getting used to but after a while with it you will see just how accurate it is over the other sights.

I snipe a lot to so the HS/NV kind of feels like a sniper scope guess that could be why i like it so much.
  16. Chazt

I honestly wish I got into the same scenarios you are in here, you always come right around the corner aiming at people who are somehow completely oblivious to your existence as if you were some sort of phantom. I find the times this does happen, and I can pop out from reliable cover and smoke people, I can get a huge amount of kills before dying, but here I literally saw you come from some of the most obvious angles where the enemy team SHOULD be looking but are completely distracted by something else. I envy your good fortune sir. (why is it the vanu are never chasing butterflies like the tr)