Analysis On Which NC Gun Is Better For LAs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Craig1287, Feb 23, 2013.

1. blzbug

This thread has been alive for a month and you're the first person to mention the -S UBGL for hunting vehicles. I use Trac5-S almost exclusively now, for the flexibility of the UBGL. I lose some 1-on-1 fights against GD7F, but that's ok. I kill alot more vehicles with the UBGL and much prefer seeing the big boom from an exploding vehicle than the little bump in my k/d.

K/d really is king among the NC I guess :)
  2. Parricidium

Yeah, I honestly wish 2 C4 could take down a sundie, but it doesn't. Being able to take one down all by your lonesome is a tremendous advantage that I can't give up to be more useful in the occasional firefight. LA isn't really built to win a fair 1v1 anyway.
  3. supernauttt

I play LA exclusively for the most part, but ive been really frustrated lately as i play it completly different then most...i never hip fire and rarly find myself in CQC...ive been trying to find the best med-long range gun for quite awhile and i think there isnt one honestly lol....my gd7f and acxll and the merc are all fully certed with grips and compensators and i use the 2x scope most of the time...ive been using the gd7f the most lately as i feel im doing better killing long range targets than with the acxll which shouldnt be how it works...the acx11 feels flawed to me, it has the worst recoil even certed out i like the damage, but having the highest damage per shot it should aslo have very high bullet velocity, but the fact is it feel more like shooting a paintball gun....with tons of recoil..lol just feels totally out of whack to me...sure i can land single shots on people from a distance, but burst fireing at a range with this gun just doesnt cut it takes forever to kill somebody...
  4. Parricidium

Bullet velocity is the downfall of the ACX.
  5. supernauttt

so ur saying bullet velocity is a downfull of a long range gun...yea not a big deal lol...another perk of joining the NC!
  6. Craig1287

Holy crap! Is this the same Wasdie from the Gamespot forums? If so, this is Arto1223 from System Wars.

I have recently started to get back into using the Gauss Compact S after using it in the VR place with the under barrel attachments. I think it might just be my new go-to gun for that reason. I'll have a video up of it at some point with my thoughts on the gun as a whole.
  7. ladiesop

I generally use the Gauss Compact S when not using a shotgun for the attachments.

That said, I prefer the Trac-5 S; I think it's a slightly better weapon (the extra 10 rounds in the magazine helps quite a bit, and the extra damage fall-off for Carbines compared with AR and LMGs makes the extra damage the Compact S do at range less worthwhile IMO).
  8. Craig1287

Yea, the 10 rounds that the TR get are so handy.
  9. Aparition

Supernauttt you should check out the Razor then. It has the highest starting velocity and can be paired with grip, compensator, and HVAmmo. It also has predictable recoil so once you get comfortable with it you can far more easily put burst shots at long range and actually touch your targets.

Otherwise I hear people having success with shotguns and slugs.
    Too bad you can't equip a x3 scope on the Rebel pistol! That would be fun.
  10. HeadshotVictim

supernautt switched to HA with BattleRiflew if I understood him right in his ridiculous "No reward for skill as LA"-Thread...
    so dont give him tips how to play LA anymore... useless anyway now.
  11. tugernut

tl;dr
    which one is " best " ads?
    i do not hip fire i always go to sights - so 99% of my loadouts are forward grip and compensator w/ nv scope - close to mid range only-
    i trialed both / vr both smg's and liked both better then the ones on my vs toon
    i kinda liked the gd7f too and it seems like it may be more versitile
  12. Craig1287

The SMGs are very good with ADS. If you burst every 10 or so rounds to reset the CoF Bloom, the recoil will be very easy to manage.
    • Up x 1
  13. Messaiga

Ok, after owning my Blitz for about 3 weeks to a month now I regret the purchase on it, yeah it has the huge mag size and fast ROF, but there is one thing that it lacks so badly that it is only useful inside of a Bio Lab. I really wish I had gotten the Cyclone now. I guess I don't mind the smaller mag size on it because it gets a shorter TTK, less bullets to kill, and is better for ranges longer than 10 meters, which is where I find myself with the Blitz most the time because the gun only works to effect in a bio lab. Thankfully there should be a cert reset soon. I actually think I did better with the Cyclone than I ever did with the Blitz. Also keep in mind the reason I am saying I "did" do better with the Cyclone is because I have used it fully certed out on my brother's account and I always kicked some serious butt with it.
  14. tugernut

i feel exactly the same way about my VS smg - i got the sirius iirc the 2nd one to come out bc everyone raved it was so much better then the 1st one with the bigger mag n faster rate of fire ect... so i bought it with certs and all the attachements.

in VR ive used the other smg and i like it soo much better - i feel kinda jipped - tired of literally putting 20 bullets into someone and dying n they still have half health left...
  15. Kaerius

Am I missing something or can't you just take whatever weapon you want, grab a utility belt for suit slot and have 3+ C4s and kill sundies anyway?
  16. Craig1287

Not sure why you are talking about C4, but LAs do not have a suit slot that allows them to carry more than 2 C4. You are thinking of the Engineer.
  17. Kuriby

Yep so bought the blitz the day it came out. Racked up quite a lot of kills (600+) in a short time frame with it.

What I love is the hip firing, easy headshots, rof is awesome. However, after using it for awhile I've realized that it just lacks too much versatility.

125 Damage per bullet isn't bad within 0-10m, but anything beyond 10m that damage drops and the TTK increases significantly. You will need to rely on headshots more, which is fine but can be a bothersome. And anything beyond 50m is just pointless and even with slow burst the TTK is outrageous!

IMO, stick with the classic Carbine for most ranges. Shotguns for big CQC battles. Sure the SMG can shine in CQC, but its lack of range can really bite you in the ***. If you are going to stick to tight corridors, a shotgun is much more effective.

IMO GD-F7 is still by far the best weapon for an NC LA. Tight spread like a smg, rof like an smg, range of a carbine, and effectiveness like a shotgun when aimed correctly. Really can't go wrong with it.
  18. Craig1287

True. I still use all three of the guns regularly and have started to use the Gauss Compact S for the underbarrel grenage in order to finish off Sunderers faster.
  19. Hosp

Mauler + Rebel.
  20. Craig1287

I mention in a few places that I was excluding shotguns as they are very different than fully automatic rifles, carbines, and SMGs.