Analysis On Which NC Gun Is Better For LAs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Craig1287, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Sea of Ink

Question: Does the Blitz "shake/wobble" when you initiate your jumpjets cause your character to perhaps warp a little bit in the air? The shake mechanism, for example, occurs at 4 seconds into the video posted by the OP. It was quite annoying at first, but I got used to it after a few days.

I love the Blitz. I started using it instead of the gd7-f for the past few weeks. I do a lot of hovering and hipfire and I've become quite effective w/ it. However, I've had two tells that I'm sort of warping in the air when I do it. It's not my connection. I was wondering if the initial "wobble" of the smg might potentially cause some warping while I'm hip-firing in the air. Given, I get quite a few tells calling me an aimbotter. So I was wondering if this was a just some poor losers sending tells or a legitimate concern.

Thanks,
  2. Messaiga

From what I can tell, basically when you hipfire I don't notice anything strange, if you aim down sight you can't really aim because the sight shakes while flying, unless you use night vision scope, that is a whole different story. With the NV scope there is no sway or anything so you can stay on target reasonably. Today I did huge kill streaks with this gun, at Allatum bio lab. Each time I went out I got at least 2 people, 3 times I got a group of 5-6 guys.
  3. Craig1287

Yea, that HUD shaking is annoying. The first time you boost it happens, and then goes away if you stop the boost or initiate another boost. I have gotten used to just boosting and then instantly releasing spacebar and re-boosting. Not sure if that is intended by SOE. Makes very little since that the smallest, easiest to handle weapons would perform like this, so I'm convinced it's a glitch/bug.
  4. Aparition

What do you guys think of the Razor? I use the Mercenary %90 of the time and I can do great damage with it.
    I do use it suppressed though so I was wondering if the higher velocity of the razor + HVA would improve my silenced assaulting?

The lower velocity is definitely more noticeable with the suppressor.
    I already have the GD-7f but have not invested in it yet.
    Or would the Gauss S fit a little better for the many configs? Despite being slightly weaker than the af-19?
  5. CanadianAttackBeaver

I honestly don't see the point of the Razor; it's basically a side-grade of the Mercenary in terms of damage per shot, but lower DPS. The AC-X11 is better than the Razor at range, the GD-7F is better at close quarter and the Mercenary is equal at the mid-range. Some outfit friends do swear by the HVA and suppressor combo on other guns, so maybe that is a route to go. The numbers aren't everything though; I'm looking forward to the virtual reality training so I can try some of the guns I've run some numbers on.
  6. Dakkaface

Agreed for the Blitz, but the Cyclone kind of needs extended mags more than the laser sight.

Personally, I prefer the Cyclone for general use, because of the long reload on the Blitz, but that 50 round mag and the capacity for adv. laser sights occasionally lures me back to the Blitz.
  7. Epic High Five

On paper, the big perks of the Razor is being as good as the Merc close up (not terribly) and being significantly better at long range due to better velocity, and lighter and easier to manage recoil.

The reason I love it and think it's our 2nd best weapon, though, is the fact that it has the fastest reload in the entire game, so fast that you can reload in between bursts and not really be slowed down. You'll never miss an opportunity due to a reload, and thus you will get more kills. I can go through all 300 rounds (max ammo belt) without even realizing I'm low because I don't consciously realize I'm reloading, making it basically a Gauss Rifle LMG. It's a headshot machine as well, even across a biolab.

The Blitz is nice, but the bigger mags don't make up for how much slower the bullets are than the 7F's. If you want a bullet hose, I'd recommend the 7F. It may just be a TR gun with smaller mags but it's still a great gun.
  8. Ghoest

A Razor with high velocity ammo and a suppressor(which means no compensator) would be one of the last guns I would chose.

At the ranges that the HV ammo would help you youll be dealing with ugly recoil.
  9. Epic High Five

The recoil is just up and right, which while nasty if you're going full auto to get that friggin LA who wont stop across the biodome from you, is extremely easy to manage with a little practice. None of it is random (AKA equal right-left) like with a lot of our other guns, most notably the Mercenary.

I run HVA on almost all NC guns, because it's an attachment that directly boosts our faction-specific "thing", at the cost of a little bit more of something I can eliminate entirely with practice. The further you're doing full 167/200 damage shots, the further you can engage without being at a ROF disadvantage.

But yeah, never run a suppressor on the Razor, always a compensator. If you're in a situation you need to go suppressed, use an SMG or 7F. Or just make a bunch of noise and jet off, you are an LA after all :)
  10. Aparition

Thanks for the Razor input, I guess I'll test it out some in the VR arena.
    I run the Mercenary with Suppressor and always try to ambush with it, so medium close range. I just thought the Razor with HVA and its higher Velocity would perform the same role better. Velocity makes a big difference at medium range.
    I wouldn't try to engage with Razor with Suppressor and HVA at long range if I could help it.

The Suppressor is magical when you are ambushing. Being off that mini-map is a huge advantage.
  11. Craig1287

Indeed. The stats listed on paper are great to have, but we still need to know how the weapon really feels and handles when actually in combat. Something might be the 'best' gun in the game, but it you and the gun simply don't "click" and work well together, then you need a different gun.
  12. CanadianAttackBeaver

Which sight are you using in the video?
  13. Craig1287

On this SMG, I use the 1x reflex scope. The night vision scope is also a good match. I don't like the 2x as the sensitivity for the 2x is odd. The scoped in sensitivity doesn't kick in till 3.4x so the 2x just means you get pretty slow turn speed when ADSing.
  14. Aparition

Alright some more feedback for my Razor testing.
    Just to re-cap I play ambush style Light Assault. I currently use the Mercenary with Foregrip, x2 sight, and suppressor.

I tested the Razor for a long time. I believe it to be the right gun setup for my style of play.
    The Razor with Foregrip, HVAmmo, Suppressor and either x1 or x2 sight.
    Once I got control of the recoil I was able to put more groupings into the neck / head area of targets from medium range much more easily than with the Mercenary setup. At close range the Mercenary felt a little better but not enough to make a noticeable difference, which may just be due to the slightly higher ROF.

The biggest noticeable difference was the speed that I hit targets. The drop off with Mercenary setup is very obvious. The rounds are just very slow with the suppressor. The Razor setup I felt I could touch enemies even better than a Mercenary without the suppressor.

What I did notice is that the Mercenary is a little more forgiving if you come off target. I noticed a larger group pattern which made it obvious for torso shots at medium range. The Razor due to the up and right recoil was easier to put several rounds into the upper torso / head region but punished you if you let it climb. placing a lot of rounds above the target.

Again this is with the Suppressor setups I described above.
    Basically I think the Razor is a better setup if you expect to engage with a suppressor at medium and close range.
    The added bonus of the Razor though is that you can use the compensator and compete as a front line assaulter.

So my thoughts about the bonus the Razor provides with the initial Higher velocity combined with HVAmmo paired with a suppressor I believe to be true. The Razor mitigates the weakness the Mercenary experiences when equipped with a Suppressor.
  15. Slaidd

I've only recently, in the last few weeks, started putting certs into my LA and his weapons and playing as that a good amount, had played mostly engineer and a little HA to that point, and most of which was on the NC.

I have the a good number of the carbines and both the SMGs. For the Cyclone I have the 1x reflex and the IR/NV as well as it's certed out with a suppressor and exented mag. For the Blitz, I have the same optics with suppressor, and forward grip. I've been tossing around going with soft point for one of these if I chose to make it the one I was going to use going forward.

But, then I started looking into the possibility of going with one of the carbines for general use, to compliment a pump shotty for cqb. And since the VR came out, I've spent quite a bit of time with different carbines with different set ups. Personally, I chose to go with the AC-X11. Just for my taste, I like guns that only have a verticle recoil instead of up and to one side or another. Some disagree, but that's just what I've found to work best for my liking. I've since put the foregrip and compensator on it, and will probably add the advanced foregrip next followed by the HVAmmo. But I have to say that this gun has been an absolute joy to use to this point. I have a few different options for optics, but I'vd found that I like the IR/NV probably the best, followed by the 3.4 holo dot for longer ranges. I really couldn't be more pleased with the choice.
  16. Wasdie

I started using the Claw instantly. The thing is just blatantly overpowered.
  17. Parricidium

Which is precisely why I stopped using it. It's not even fun after a while. It's either "You hit and they have no chance or you miss and they kill you."
  18. Wasdie

Well it's better than if you hit them they can respond and blow you away with their 1 hit kill weapon.
  19. Aparition

By that logic the Gauss S with shotgun attachment would be the preferred gun setup. Then if you miss you just blast them with Carbine rounds while they reload.
  20. Parricidium

I personally use the S with the UBGL. Otherwise you can't take down a full HP sundie without help (UBSGL hitting vehicles aside, that'll probably be fixed).