[Suggestion] An Overlooked Problem that Needs to be Adressed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SgtRolling, Feb 1, 2013.

1. SgtRolling

Something that I think needs to be adressed, rather than the petty balancing agruements between factions, is something that lies at the game's core. Currently, a base you fought a massive 2 hour-long battle for, can be capped back by a single squad in a matter of minutes. And it is simply because of this, the game map and deployment locations, always put up the where the massive battles are, and essentially encourage you to go there. Often I will see The Crown in the reinforcements needed section, despite it obviously not needing any since it's the damn Crown. But you don't tend to see the small bases that are being taken away without any resistance from your faction, and that eventually will cut off the larger bases where everyone naturally flocked to.

So, I think a possible solution to the problem, would be to add attack and defense sections to the deployment screen, and to display the bases that really need reinforcements, not just the ones that the biggest battles take place at. They could also receive bonus XP for fighting in overlooked areas because fighting at a smaller battle wouldn't net you as many kills/revives as grinding at the bio-lab would.

tl;dr The game needs to incentivise fighting at smaller outposts, rather than just advertising the massive bio-lab grinders all over the deployment screen.
  2. forkyar

negative,your just nit picking.
  3. Keiichi25

The bases in general need reworking to be defendable to make them worthwhile. Only SOME of the places can be reasonbly defended, but not all of them which is why it is easy to cap them with minimal resistance. And there are also people who say it is the fault of people not defending so fall back (Which leads to failing to defend and allowing easy caps).
  4. SgtRolling

How is it nit-picking? I'm pretty sure most people agree that having bases capped without any resistance, isn't really fun.
  5. Barosar

Under the current mechanics defense is a waste of time. Challenging with most base designs, limited incentive (defender xp bonus), and a high risk of just being camped and feeding the other team XP. In this sense both the practical (score/hour) and the satisfaction are greatest by only attacking.

It won't be this way forever. Base layouts are changing, XP is changing.