An infiltrator's secret weapon?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by giltwist, Apr 7, 2015.

1. giltwist

So, I play Infiltrator almost exclusively. I was frustrated with sniping almost as soon as I started with it. I bought the parallax (T3 ultra-long BASR) the instant it came out in order to have a better sniping experience. However, as soon as SMGs came out, the Sirius quickly became my primary weapon of choice. Now, to be perfectly honest, I prefer stalker/knife to all other forms of infiltration play.

However, I made one simple change that has me thinking the Ghost (VS Iron sights BASR) might actually be a viable weapon... something I used to think was absolutely useless. I got a better monitor...a LOT better. I went from a a reasonably large but very low PPI desk monitor to a 48" HDTV. Holy smokes. I put a 3.4x red dot on that, and I feel like I can see better (AND NO SCOPE SWAY) than I used to do with my Parallax at 12x. Granted, the Parallax has better range both in terms of zoom and damage drop, but it was always a pain to get the hold breath mechanic and even then the slightest tremor in your hand made you miss the headshot. That's without mentioning spending five minutes changing sniper spots after every kill in order to not get countersniped.

A larger, better pixel density monitor has dramatically improved my midrange game (and even my sidearm game, to be honest). It's the infiltrator's secret weapon I wish I'd known about at release.
  2. wrenched

Everyone recommends the 2x or 4x.

I really like the 3.4x though. The simple red dot it so nice and the 3.4 seems to fit my play style of fringe picking while allowing for closer ranges.