An idea to buff AA without changing any numbers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kid Gloves, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Kid Gloves

What about giving AA weapons much more visible tracer fire?

Option 1: the tracer fire is only visible to the AA firer.
    This will help the AA firer realise that the reason they're not doing damage to the aircraft is because they're missing!

Option 2: the tracer fire is visible to everyone
    Double-edged sword. It lets the AA user zero in on the offending aircraft, but it also lets the aircraft know where the attack is coming from. This would be useful for helping air ID those burster max's that otherwise don't get rendered.

Don't get me wrong, this -is- a buff - because it makes AA easier to use and give better feedback to players when the problem isn't the AA gun but their aim.
  2. GolDraG

first thing devs should do about aa balance: reduce price on some of aa greatly, that more ppl would buy it. ppl can whine as much as they want that air is op, but atm problem in not in the air but the lack of ground aa coz no1 is buying them since its pricy and in most forum post ppl just whine how aa is nerfed so no1 wants to invest that much cert/money into it.

id say make maybe skyguard much cheaper. sure 1v1 it might not stand a chance, but there should be more than 1 ground AA anyway
  3. Kharenis

AA is underpowered?
    I'm more concerned about the terrible render distance for stationary AA turrets.
    They can see aircraft coming from miles away but I need to be well within its firing range for it just to render...
  4. asmodai

Me and my AA MAX buddies had no problem seeing each other's tracer fire in order to home in on enemy aircraft. I am not entirely sure what problem you are trying to solve though. Could it be graphics settings that makes your tracer less pronounced?
  5. Wellknown

Leave all flying craft alone .
    Just buff skyguards & Bursters as it once was
    As i rember they nerfed AA and buffed aircraft in one patch.
  6. Kid Gloves

Maybe it is graphics settings, but I don't see any tracer fire when unloading AA. It comes entirely down to guesswork and watching for that red X. Which is not to say it's impossible, but it certainly would be easier with tracer rounds!

I'm all in favor of a price reduction for AA, mainly because AA has bad press right now so there's next to none of it out there. I hope the devs don't try and re-balance AA and rocketpods and ESF health and a bunch of other things in one hit. With more AA in the field (or potentially in the field), we'll get a better idea of whether the existing AA is sufficient or not. But then, reducing price -is- a number change.
  7. IshanDeston

There is already tracer fire, at least for me there is. You can trace the bullets trajectory against a clear blue sky in esamir for example.