[Suggestion] An active command(AI): Teaching large scale warfare

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pnkdth, Dec 4, 2015.

1. pnkdth

Let's say you're spawn-camped, all seems lost, but instead of hearing "YOU CAN START FIGHTING FOR REAL AT ANY TIME NOW" or similar you get the bases available flashing for the nearest way to spawn a vehicle/aircraft with the voice "Requesting vehicle and air support! Take out those spawn options!" <--- Probably something more inspiring and faction specific.

While it might seem like a small thing but this is a way to teach new players to think on a larger scale. Hell, it could even ask for reinforcements at other nearby bases.

PS2 conflicts with other FPS games out there in the way that it doens't come down to winning every fight you're in. In Server Smash it refered to as "temp play" which means you gotta keep your opponent on their toes and attack even when attacking or defending. It would also serve as a more immersive experience in addition to encouraging lone wolves and new players to take a more active role rather than a reactive one.

If you can't afford the original voice actions get someone in-house to act as command for these purposes.
  2. WeRelic

Is this targeted at SL/PL types, or just general players?

I think it would benefit both, but if it were applied to general players, it might conflict with the SL/PL's requests, which would make leading even more like herding cats. Maybe disable suggestions for people in squads, or relay them all to the SL/PL instead?

Outside of a squad, I see no reason this wouldn't help, other than adding more HUD clutter.
  3. pnkdth

For starters I would say in general, then move onto a squad/platoon level. PL/SL or in general, you should be able to disable it.

For general purpose it'll be there to help people out of think using the entire map instead of the hex they're in. Perhaps even have it on the offencive as well if, let's say, the last sunderer is brown up. If used in PL/SL ways it could significantly improve open platoons but probably not more established outfits since pretty much all of them use VOIP applications.

This idea was mainly for new players to get an immersive introduction to the flow of the battle beyond following a lattice lane.
    • Up x 1