AMS Cloaked Module Confirmed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

It will be a buff for defenders aswell.

Also, whos says you can't kill cloaked sunderer as fast as a normal sunderer?
  2. LodeTria

I imagine the medic bubble mechanism would be better, but instead of a shield it gives a cloak.
  3. HadesR

Well since it would only be cloaked when deployed then you would spot it when it goes through the gate .. like you do now .. And if it works off deployment ( Be very very stupid if it didn't ) then it wouldn't be able to cloak in places like AMP stations vehicle bay etc ..

Ofc they really need to pull their finger out and fix all the dodgy / broken / ****** no-deploy zones around many a cap point ..
  4. MrJengles

Anyone else think they found something shiny to distract us / move commentary on from recent events?

Not that it isn't nice but flashes could already do that.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

strongest tank in the game...just got cloaking, let the rage ensue!
    i've had an alt called IlBATTLEBUSIl or something similar that i've been pouring daily certs in to for months, got maxed out racer, fire supression and blockade and 2 furys that i'm dribbling certs in to, i'm really looking forward to invisibility :p
  6. Scr1nRusher

The cloaking is only when deployed.
  7. Tommyp2006

I don't understand why people aren't seeing that. It would work as an alternative to the AMS shield we already have, with the same "only works when deployed" mechanic as well. Might even have a delay on it, or flash when shot, etc.
    • Up x 2
  8. Flamberge

Chances are it will also have a +% damage modifier, where damage is increased when cloaked or something along those lines. Hey, infils have less HP, DBG would probably toss that onto the cloaked sundy as well.
  9. RainbowDash9

it needs a new slot made altogether. deploy shield cloak combo would be crazy to deal with lol. someone finally finds it, c4's it, shield protects it, smart player moves sunderer a few feet, rinse and repeat
  10. RyanGUK

That's exactly why it will never have a new slot made altogether for it lol. Hopefully defence slot will take over so you can't have a deploy cloaked Sundy. It'd be good for those secret base caps but ultimately you just gotta follow the trail of bodies to find the Sunderer.
  11. JudgeNu

He didn't see what you did there either.
  12. Archiadus

Awesome! Can't wait to see that together with all the other promised stuff when it gets released in 2033. :)
  13. Sulsa

Ok I guess I need to be the one to say it...

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!
  14. Lucidius134

I agree w/ what buzz said.

PS1 died the moment people stopped playing it like an RTS and focused more on not blowing up ams' to 'keep the good fight going'. PS2's already at that point and has been for a while. All you ever see is people talking about ways to make 'finding _the_ fight" easier and keeping them longer because there's no reason to play tactically.

Semi-related:

this won't fix the lack of logistics in the game considering anyone can pull them from any terminal.
  15. Foxirus

16. Peebuddy

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about balancing this.

An invisible ams really only makes sniping them from max render range a little harder.

Things like AP tanks and AT mana-turrets will need to know its exact location before hand and can't just sit on top a hill and fire at anything on the horizon.

Honestly the only way I'd use it if it was in the utility slot, I don't see this as much of a deterrent against people who can insta gib it with c4 or mines. Which is why the shields' best IMO as a spawn sundie.
  17. ColonelChingles

Does this mean tanks are going to get giant Darklight spotlights?

[IMG]

I also think that Sunderers should have to give up a single weapon if they take the cloaking module... it will be like how stalker Infiltrators only get to use a pistol! :p
    • Up x 3
  18. Endlave

I still fail to see why people apparently like that idea. That looks like a major pain in the ***. It's not like Sunderers were weak or something to begin with.
  19. Mefi

If it's for Defense Slot then it already significantly weaker than Shielded Sunderer or Battle Bus.
    Additionally, it might be not repairable while cloaked.
    • Up x 1
  20. Kristan

As long as it won't be able to shoot while cloaked, I'm fine with it. Oh the thrill of hunting for cloaked AMSes from PS1!