[BUG] Ammo Printer restarts reload of vehicle weapons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Kristan

This bug is heck of annoyance and sometimes did cost me a tank. I have reported it since the implant was out, but it's still nowhere to be fixed.

So the bug itself for those who unaware: If you have an Ammo Printer implant installed and, for example, you're in a tank. Whenever you take a shot you reload a new shell. And if your Ammo Printer gives you ammo while you haven't finished reloading it starts reloading cycle anew. So your whole reloading process might be as long as 7-8 seconds. And that missed shot might be crucial when you're in a tank duel and you're both burning.

That bug seriously hurting the gameplay.

[IMG]
  2. adamts01

I thought I was crazy. Things make so much more sense now. This always happened at the absolute worst time in my ESF and I didn't know what was up. I've got Ammo printer 4 and with a 2.5 second reload you have a 1 in 30 chance this will happen to you. Ammo printer 5 it's a 1 in 24 chance. A 4 second reload on a tank AP gun with ammo printer 5 bumps you up to a 1 in 15 chance that you'll get screwed some time during your reload. It doesn't sound like much, but it sucks when it catches you. Man, I thought I was losing my mind, thanks for posting this.
  3. HAXTIME

This bug has been in the game long before implants were even a thing (right from the start, I believe), as it also happens at ammo towers (also the bug where the Prowler can shoot up to 6 shells without a single reload, lol).
  4. Sazukata

This is the first I've heard of Ammo Printer messing with things, so apparently the faulty coding for reloading encompasses more than I thought.

I will add to the list and note that hacking a terminal while reloading will restart the reload. I notice because I usually fire a recon dart before making myself an easy target.
  5. LodeTria

It's an ancient bug that they'll never fix.