[Suggestion] Ammo Printer and sweeper HUD need a buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbeasty, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Jbeasty

I imagine most people won't care about this, but I think ammo printer and sweeper HUD are lacking compared to the rest due to having no special rank 5 perk, when most implants either have a huge boost or special addition for their rank 5 making them pretty lucrative. Think of the increased jump height on catlike, 100% camera shake reduction on a kill with battle hardened, safe fall going from 150 - 230 meters and gaining collision resistance, assimilate giving ability energy, etc.

Ammo printer rank 5 gets a measly -15 secs on the resupply topping out at 60 sec resupplies. (every other rank is similar)

Sweeper HUD tops out at 35m which really isn't that far (I swear in real time it is less for vehicles and mines) and you get an unreliable range indicator that doesn't change after rank 1. Rank 5 gets you 10m extra, which is better than the 4m each rank up to rank 4. Could still use some attention imo.

I'd be happy with 2 ticks for ammo printer on rank 5 and boosting sweeper HUD to ~45m or so. I don't see that breaking the game or anything.

Anyone feel the same? For other implants perhaps?
    • Up x 3
  2. raffa2

When ammo printer + sweeper HUD are an obligatory setup for a tanker driver, that's when you should know they don't need any buff.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jbeasty

I'd say that is more of a result from a lack of options in general. With tanks specifically, the only other remotely attractive options are ransack and target focus....Possibly logistics/counter intelligence.

Most are far and away focused on infantry.

And even if we said, ok they are fine as-is for tanks, how about infantry? I think ammo printer is pretty pitiful compared to the rest.
    • Up x 2
  4. Skraggz

I agree with Sweeper, though I disagree with ammo, I think it needs a nerf and the reward of ammo bus needs to be buffed. Maybe buff Ransack a bit to counter the ammo printer nerf (could make the nerf effect vehicles only, though even on foot it has its moments).
    • Up x 1
  5. oOHansOo

Level 5 ammo printer could provide ammo for your weapon, if you are a gunner in someone elses vehicle. The gunner usually run out of ammo faster than the driver.
    • Up x 1
  6. iller

Ammo printer needs to replenish ammo for Tool slot and maybe possibly at Rank5 also replenish Medkit/Proxy/Tank mines
    (but not C4!...that'd be disgusting beyond belief)

...infact... maybe Sweeper5 should further combat that by showing an Icon over the head of any enemy player who still has C4 to throw somewhere in their inventory and give them a special Icon on your minimap too so you can see who you have to avoid?...
    ...I mean it DOES make real-world sense... if you HAD an electrical bomb detector that detected the things behind corners like this implant already does, then why the hell wouldn't it also be highlighted on some random jagoff who's getting ready to jumpjet right over your head?
  7. Asic

I would be happy if ammo printer gave 2 ticks as level 5 bonus. You're either full all the time or run out in an instant.
    Sweeper is good as it is but yeah it's pretty unrewarding without lvl 5 bonus. Maybe detonate all explosives in range when you e.g. sound a horn (like emp grenade)? That would be nice. Or at least create blast wave like MAX's disengage to push mines away.
  8. Inogine

Eh, I use sweeper and ammo printer and really don't think they need a particular buff. I wouldn't say no, but it's already pretty difficult for folks to get mine kills aside from just dumping them ONTO the target and detonating them. Why that tactic exists in the first place really. I get the occasional kills with mines placing them in interesting positions, but they're already pretty visible and easy to spot. I know sweeper hud's saved my butt and a few around me quite a few times.

Ammo printer... No it's pretty darned strong as it is. You get ammo without having to seek it out. Being a harasser main myself, it's super strong there. Tanking too. As infantry, it's strong enough to make me want to take it often, but it's often unnecessary due to me running engie often. Now as a heavy or cloaker? Definitely a consideration depending on what I'm looking to do at the moment and distance from easy ammo.

As raffa2 said: If they're pretty much the go to for any armor setup, you know they don't need a buff.
  9. Clipped!

Ammo printer really could use a buff for infantry weapon, but definitely not vehicle weapons. If it gave twice as much for infantry weapons but the same it currently does for vehicles it would be much better. As for sweeper hud, because that implant is a direct counter to tank mines if it's at rank 3+ and the vehicle isn't at top speed, I think it's a plenty potent implant when infantry often have a hard time dealing with vehicles even with a LA using C4 and ambusher jets because they can just retreat to cover, although not as fast as aircraft can just hit and run. And if you hate and/or are paranoid about tank mines, you can always get mine guard for your vehicle.