Ammo Packs can now be destroyed.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Flamberge, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Flamberge

Link:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-2-25.215540/
    Quote:
    Discuss.

I for one am not sure about this mechanic. It would seem that people would destroy friendly packs so they could place their own and get the certs. And it would not really be a valid tactic trying to take out enemy packs, as they can be respawned so quickly.

I guess we will just see how this plays out.
  2. Nerazim

I immediately thought this when I read the patch notes.

When I'm playing Engi I often see a well placed ammo pack, or a couple in an area when I wanted to put them and thought "damn I wish I could have mine there"

Make them immune to friendly fire, because ammo packs will be constantly getting removed by 'rival' engineers. I can't see any downside to them being immune to friendly fire.

Sniping a busy enemy ammo pack is going to be satisfying though. Not that there is much point. I like that ENEMY ammo packs can be destroyed by EMP.
  3. Erendil

I hate this change! There's no reason to destroy friendly ammo packs other than to selfishly remove competition for resupply XP. And that's a terrible reason. It's the opposite of promoting teamwork.

As for enemy packs, I don't like that they can be destroyed either. There have been many times when I'm at the vanguard of a push into enemy lines where I've had to depend on enemy packs left behind in order to resupply and keep pushing forward. If enemy packs are destroyable you know people will take 'em out immediately for the xp or just because they need to smash something....

The only good thing I can think of about this change is that it gives LA and infils something else to do to mess with enemy forces behind enemy lines. But it doesn't outweigh the bad IMO, esp since if there's an Engie nearby they can just keep throwing down infinite packs as they get destroyed, so destroying them often won't really accomplish anything..
    • Up x 3
  4. Plastikfrosch

It will be the same as with the medic shields: someone shoots it/throws an EMP and the medic (or now engy) will place a new one because he can place them as often as he wants (no engy has to go to a terminal to get his 5 packs he can drop down --> so the whole thing is pointless like with the medicshields).
    The only time it makes sense to destroy somethings its hostile beacons (because long cooldown) or motionspotters (because an infiltrator can have only 5 at max as long as there is no ammopack he can use to resuply).
  5. AlterEgo

I don't really mind the change, but I would have rather had it so that they aren't destroyed. The ammo packs were in the most BALANCED place in the game, so why nerf even them?
  6. Kulso

I've always wanted to destroy friendly ammo packs so I could place mines there like the way I do with Shield Gens on Medics.