Ammo pack certs useless

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by DurandaI, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Urban_Scorp

Check the ACE instruction manual page 327 subsection 3 figure 58. It clearly states: "Yes."
    • Up x 2
  2. Compass

Hnngh... then what is the point of the ammo box? =_=
  3. Bearcat

During Beta, I maxed out my ammo pack upgrades and I really liked it. I definitely noticed the increased rearm radius, and the packs stuck around a long time. After so many character wipes, I can't remember if I also had Bouncing Betties certed too, so I don't know if the certs worked on the turret alt-fire ammo boxes.
  4. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

They shouldn't list the upgrades under "ability" if they aren't going to affect ACE ammo drops, and only utility ones. ;_;
    • Up x 1
  5. TokyoShoe

Hey, because of this same nonsense I thought the "MANA Turret" was an equipment unlock / upgrade to a nicer & bigger shielded turret from the ACE Turret.

Turns out.. the ACE Turret IS the MANA Turret. (sigh) Total waste of certs, never use the thing as a gun anyway.
    • Up x 1
  6. Wootsy

We no longer have access to both ammo boxes. As of a couple of days ago you can only place one at a time. If you try two at the same time one will vanish. You can still place one using the turret which seems to be a bug. I spent a bunch of points in ammo box certs then realized you could do this. Kind of a waste. I now want to get mines but don't think i can equip mines and an ammo box?
    • Up x 1
  7. AssaultPig

this isn't true.

if the turret/ammo box combo is a bug, then it's been a known, well-discussed bug since pretty early in beta. I dunno if there's been any official comment on it, but if it weren't intended one would think it'd be fixed by now.
  8. Wootsy

My comment was that you can no longer use two boxes at the same time. I tried again today. If I try to deploy two boxes at the same time one will vanish.
  9. Irp1

During a 5 hour session today with my outfit I had my turret, turret ammo box, and lvl 4 utility ammo box all out at the same time on a few different occasions. The turret ammo box deconstructed more quickly than the lvl 4 utility box, but it still stuck around for longer than 2 mins. I've verified that one ammo box wasn't simply "display bugged" and that they were both genuinely providing resupplies to my squadmates via voicechat, all while I was laying down fire from my turret.
  10. Aelloon

If it weren't intended everyone would be using pistols way more because no one would be carrying ammo for them.
  11. InducedApathy

Honestly the issue is with the fact that engineer requires the most slots than any other class. They need to allow more than five hotkeys or do something else to merge more into one function of the ace tool. Engineers can't use squad beacons etc. It's bad enough that the repair tool upgrade are almost worthless (along with the ammo/turret certs). We should be able to carry everything. All the other classes don't give up slots like engineers and can use everything.
  12. MorteDeAmgelis

Surely you don't mean something like the
    Enforcer "bug" - Which has been know for a while still no word on any fix / implementation.
    Or the Base Timer "bug" - Which has also been in a while

Just as a clarification for those who don't know.
    Enforcer RL on the Vanguard used to have a lock-on ability that was removed in a so called "bug" which had been in since just before release.
    Base captuers used to have a timer so you couldn't take a base 5 mins after it had flipped. Big Bases had a 15min "invulnerability" timer and smaller ones had 5 or 10. This had been in one or two months before beta ended.
    If there is anyone who has an confirmation whether these should be in-game or not please post a link cause I have never been able to find anything about it!
    /off topic srry

Tbh i think its rather stupid the engi is the only class who can swap out something and still GAIN something. (Not inculding empty spaces)
  13. Akrasjel

Well i puted certs in it and i happy :)
  14. Ghoest

OP is a jerk IMO
  15. blaze32

How do you deploy a turret ammo pack from your ace?
  16. Bragg

I have taken ammo pack certs, and had used both ammo packs in combat. Sometimes when fighting gets realy intense, that one tiny little turret ammo box is not going to cut it. Throw down your primary ammo pack, which has far creater radius and last longer. You fill out those Maxes, HA's, and any other unit easily.
    No need to run around and drop again again again that turret ammo pack, when people calling out ammo.
    Most of time i carry AT,AP, or C4 with engineer, and only switch to ammo pack when situations needs it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Starbridge

I have mine maxed and and just dash around the battle field delivering ammo with the main pack at the turret pack. For Crown Defense this is awesome and very helpful to keep MAXes and Heavies armed.
  18. Bhudda V1

the ammo pack pays of pretty well I find I maxed it and i never though of them as wasted certs the increased xp for resupplying over a longer radius and for a longer time makes up for the certs spent on it by the raking in xp hand over fist when any kind of fighting is happening
  19. MexelVanMexelen

I made the whole "cert up ammo pack, decide to try mines, find I can't use both..." detour. Now I've been told if I press "b" when my turret is out for deployment I should get an ammo pack even when I'm carrying mines.
    This doesn't seem to work for me though, depsite trying it several times.

I've got the turret out but not deployed, so I'm running around with a transparent turret in front of me. Do I just click "b" and it magics into an ammo pack, or do I need to cert or do anything else? because I can't get it to work....

Thanks for any advice.

Duh. Youtube is my friend. I expected the turret graphic to change to the ammo pack graphic. High expectations or what! Still, handy to know.
  20. Fredman

I researched ammunition package level 2-4yesterday and it is possible to have the two packs placed at the same time with all levels except for level 3. If you have level 3 and tries two place both the ordinary box och the 'b' box they will replace eachother.

So: You can place both ammo boxes as long as you havent level 3 ammunition package.