Ammo pack certs useless

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by DurandaI, Nov 30, 2012.

1. DurandaI

Hey, I am posting this because I personally believe this is a really big issue. Currently as we know engieneer has access to 2 seperate ammo packs, which is awesome as it allows us to have our utility of choice and not have to give up things that makes our class so cool.

That being said, I dislike the fact that the ammo pack that is attached to our ACE tool does not take certs. While some in the community like not needing to spend certs in order to get a long lasting ammo pack, I would really like for the ability to have our ammo certs matter as easily half of the engineers in the game are using some sort of utility slot that is not the certable ammo pack.
  2. TokyoShoe

I have seen numerous YouTube videos that have an engineer placing the primary Ammo Pack as well as the Turret's Ammo Pack side by side, and timing which one expires first.

Trouble is.. in one video the guy shows the Primary Ammo Pack only lasting half as long as the Turret's Ammo Pack, while another video shows the EXACT opposite. Both were released within a week of each other.

Which one is it? What's the case? Which one gets the certs.. and which one doesn't?
  3. DurandaI

the primary ammo pack recieves certs and can become better than the ACE after the 2nd upgrade
  4. Mafarett

I thought the turret ammo pack was equal to a rank 3 ammo pack, (assuming you count the default as rank 1). I would be all for ACE tool ammo pack starting at rank 1 if the certs actually affected it.
    • Up x 1
  5. TokyoShoe

See this is the first time I've seen this information, thank you.

I've got Rank 1 in the Ammo Pack certification. At present the Turret Ammo Pack lasts literally twice as long as the Stand Alone Ammo Pack.
  6. Gearlock

UGH so if you cert ammo pack then if you ever use c4/mines/Bouncing betties then basically those certs are going to waste?

Am I reading that right?
  7. Ghostfox

Well it lasts ~3 minutes which would put it at two invested ranks into the cert.
  8. DurandaI

yes that is correct as of now :( i have certed it 4 times and now i use mines :(
  9. TokyoShoe

This is just another point on the ever lengthening list of reasons why they need to give us a full cert respec for our accounts.
    • Up x 1
  10. DurandaI

No i dont believe that is true, but they DO need to give EXACT stats for every SINGLE cert so that you knmow EXACLTLY what it does and what it affects
  11. TokyoShoe

I've put two ranks worth of certification points into Ammo Pack that are rendered pretty much useless as soon as I invested in the Health Pack and Claymore Mines. Can I get more cert points to replace those wasted ones? Sure. But it aggravates me extensively that I have points basically going to waste. They do not differentiate between the dedicated ammo pack and the turret ammo pack in the cert's tooltips. If they had, I wouldn't have invested points in it.

They need to correct some of this carp and then give out a one time cert respec for everyone, specifically because there are TONS of things like this in the game .. for every class.. and most of the vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  12. DurandaI

they likely wont give out respecs because its so easy to earn certs in about 2 hours you can re-get all the certs you lost. Now if they made the ACE tool take your ammo certs that would be a different story
  13. treeHamster

Could someone explain to me this "turret ammo pack"? I only see the one ammo pack which the engineer gets by default. I'm highly confused here.

Nevermind, I found it after a quick video check on YouTube. Wow I certed up to level 4. Has anyone tested to see if the Turrent Ammo Pack will benefit from the regular Ammo pack upgrades? It's not just the time, since the radius also increases. It would make them not ENTIRELY worthless (just really expensive) even if just the effective radius increased.
  14. ed_anger

Unlikely we will have a respec at this point, lots of things are buggy and endlessly updated.
    • Up x 1
  15. Marinealver

It used to cost resources now it is just a cooldown ability.

Think they took that out when they did the general resource cost. (I had no problem with Alloy Catalyst and Polymer resource just the Araxium weapons unlock.)

IMHO it should go back to a resource cost
  16. TokyoShoe

Way down the road at some point I'll put max cert ranks into Ammo Pack and do some time experiments on video.
  17. AssaultPig

So, do the certs not benefit the turret pack at all? Or do they benefit it once you cert past level 3?
  18. CyrRakarth

How does one get the turret pack?
  19. Eyeklops

By pressing "b" when your turret is out for deployment.
  20. Compass

Seriously?!

Did I miss the instruction manual on this frisbee disk? It turns into a turret pack?! *shakes the disk*

Aghhh!

So I can resupply my ammo while carrying mines?!
    • Up x 2