[Suggestion] Ammo Drop - Auto RETURN to last weapon !

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Rainproof, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Rainproof

Before this patch (4-9-15) when the Engineer dropped ammo it automatically switched back to your last weapon / repair tool. With this patch it now stays with the Ammo pack in hand ? I really wish the DEVs would put the old "ammo drop auto back to weapon / tool" back to use. Nothing like running around a corner with a hand full of ammo (dead) or charging way forward to help a Heavy with ammo and kill a MAX with your SMG. That extra second or two makes the difference.
    • Up x 15
  2. Veezora

I was looking to see if anyone else had this issue. I just started playing Planetside 2, and I've been maining Engineer. Before, it seemed like you could drop ammo with F mid-repair, and return to repairs with no interruptions.

Now, dropping ammo with the F key switches the active slot to the ammo pack after deploying ammo. As I just dropped an ammo pack, there is no reason to need to drop another, and the time it takes to switch back to my repair tool or ammo pack is tedious at best. I also noticed that there is no cooldown on the time it takes to drop the ammo packs.

Why not simply remove the ammo pack slot, as it already functions as the Engineer's "ability", and simply have it function on F to drop an ammo pack, and return to your previous weapon/tool?
    • Up x 3
  3. Iridar51

It is amazing how they manage to break stuff completely unrelated to stuff they were fixing.
    • Up x 8
  4. Nisto

Lol how do i shout out to nearby engies that i need ammo? All i see ohn quick chat is the command for a medic ...
  5. ZZYZX

I noticed the same thing...I seem to get "stuck" with the ammo pack now, whereas before, I didn't have that same problem.
    • Up x 1
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

I play a lot of engineer and noticed this right away. In a really heated fight it's REALLY annoying. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but I'm seriously hoping it's the latter.
    • Up x 1
  7. HUNTERANGEL121

There was always a way to get it to drop without a cooldown, funny little glitch when placing down a turret.
  8. Dumpsterprophet

indeed i hate dropping ammo then running around with an ammo pack out, just default back to the weapon
  9. Skiptrace

Yea, the F button should be default to drop ammo, no reason for it to take up an "inventory slot" It's really annoying because I used to use ammo packs as a "reload cancel" if I accedentially reloaded, but now I can't do that anymore. Daybreak, please fix this, this wasn't even related to anything you were working on, yet you broke it? How does that even happen?!?
    • Up x 2
  10. xthezerohunter

I was playing Engi and was helping out. I decide to drop ammo and as I do it I notice an enemy. I charge to the enemy about to blast him in the face and just end up standing there throwing an ammo pack at his head. He turns around and blasts me. I'm so glad I was able to throw a nice pack of ammo at an enemy instead of being auto-switched to last thing in-hand.
    • Up x 3
  11. HUNTERANGEL121

This isn't intended. It's just broken lol.
  12. Dowlphin

I wish I could claim with conviction that I believe this is not intended, but I cannot get rid of the suspicion that this has to do with Playstation controls.
  13. Plastikfrosch

At first it felt wierd that i did not switch back to my weapon but i got used to press the "1" emidiately after giving out some ammo, so its not really a problem for me.
  14. Krinsee

Honestly I wish they removed ammo deploy from the class ability hotkey. But that just me since I like to bind my TS3 crew whisper to my side mouse button. and I also like to use that for my other class abilities. Kind of looks stupid chucking out 3-4 ammo packs just trying to have a private convo with my gunner crew.
  15. Rainproof

To add insult to injury after you've reached a certain resupply score you stop accumulating resupply points for a minute or two(or whatever it is). You gotta laugh.
  16. Skiptrace

Change the keybinding then?
  17. PYROxSYCO

Is this a feature or is this an actual bug?
  18. Rainproof

If this was changed intentionally it must have been done by someone who is either new to the game or a coder who doesn't play the game. OR...someone "Broke It " and didn't even realize it. Whatever, I really like to see it revert to the original "auto return to last weapon or tool".
  19. Dowlphin

This was done as a mild anti-farming measure. A compromise. Doesn't have much use, because those who really want to exploit it tend to do so big-time, using automation.

Original state plus removal of the 6-seconds-or-so redeploy-delay. Then, in theory you could remove the ammo pack from the list altogether without any downside. (It will likely still be kept there for more clarity for newbies, but with proper information flow, it wouldn't have to.)
  20. Liewec123

yeah this really ticks me off, its a quality of life nerf.