Ammo-Box not working

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by KoelnMetal, Nov 20, 2012.

1. KoelnMetal

Hi all,

the Ammo-Box (key 4) no longer work. It does not re-supply ammo.

Regards,

KoelnMetal
  2. Goats

Hmm. It should, it does for me. Chances are you just hit a little bug, I haven't had a single problem with this.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zer0range

Maybe you've unequipped it?
    • Up x 1
  4. KoelnMetal

I did some more testing. After 3rd Login it works again. Looks like a random bug or the Server was overloaded/hanging/unresponsive.
  5. sole21000

Could you not switch to it or did it just not work while on the ground? Because non-functional ammo boxes were a beta bug.
    • Up x 1
  6. B0bzor

It was a very common bug in the beta. Usually relogging cured the issue.
    • Up x 1
  7. Veckna

Had issues with lag or whatever last night for an hour or two - thought the ammo drops weren't working once deployed on the ground but it just took 30 seconds or so of standing near them to start getting ammo (their 'deploy time' where they would get the ammo icon popping up over the deployed ammo box was also a lot longer than normal).
    This was in the middle of the Amerish conquering push though - once I got to quieter areas it was fine again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hodo

I havent had issues with mine, used it a bit last night with good results.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vitriol17

Pull out your turret and then press b, it usually works when nothign else does.
    • Up x 1
  10. Cthu

When placing a turret or an ammo box, if anything moves over the location it was being dropped, it will disappear and put the tool on cooldown. Thankfully it's short, but slightly inconvenient.
    • Up x 2
  11. Zealot

Yeah, that's what I've encountered; it's a minor bug that interrupts the deployment of the item if someone or something walks over the space you're trying to throw it. As long as you see the grey silhouette of the item about to appear, you're good. If that isn't on the ground, it's not going to appear.
    • Up x 1
  12. ME-tan

Don't forget you can also deploy ammo by bringing up the turret and pressing B. That way you can put something else(like extra explosives) in the 4th slot.
    • Up x 1