AM7-ARCHER is lop-sided and bad, how to fix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Jun 17, 2015.

1. CapEnTrade

Good luck living if you're within 100 meters of a battle.
    You simply don't survive unless you're FAR away. You will almost never be able to benefit from the max damage.

The purpose of a suppressor is to let you get closer and hide as well.
  2. JohnGalt36

Then don't use "crappy weapons."
  3. Om3gA

A 5 Man NC squad dirted the crap out of me and others with that thing. Destroyed AV turrets like it was nothing, sniped me when i was on open ground (3 shots to kill). There is nothing wrong with that gun.
  4. hyperk2

I think the main problem with buffing this gun against heavy armor is that in doing so it kinda steps on the toes of other traditional AV. You can pull a AV turret, a G2G rocket launcher (shocking I know), or Ravens or Lancer ect. for fairly precise AV.

Out of all of those I think they have the hardest time hitting Harassers though, which is why I think a damage buff against them fills that niche a little better. Hitting a full speed Harasser with this gun is still pretty tricky. So essentially this would parallel the type of maxes it counters. This gun counters stand and spam maxes that are on landing pads or whatever, this gun is not very good against maxes inside of buildings(imo). Likewise, this can be a nice deterrent for the sit on a hill and spam harassers. Basically, a Harasser harasser =)
  5. CapEnTrade

HOW else am I do make educated posts about improving said crappy weapons!? Logic much? Can you not see the green, are your eyes ok!? :p
  6. CapEnTrade

NOTICE
    I would like to ask everyone to actually try the weapon before making uneducated posts.
    Thank you.
  7. hyperk2

I will admit, needing like 5 shots to kill a burning lightning feels pretty ******. Balancing in this game is tricky though. You up the damage and if you get a large contingent of people this sort of weapon could mean instant death to a vehicle with basically nothing they can do about it. Closest thing that comes to mind is the Lancer, but I dont see too much coordinated spam of those for whatever reason.
    • Up x 1
  8. CapEnTrade

I only suggested 25% though, that's really not much more at all, and I actually think it should be even more.
  9. eldarfalcongravtank

nobody of us here is "uneducated" or anything. most of us indeed tried the gun (or were on its receiving end).

the AMR is fine! just because YOU expected something more powerful doesnt make it completely useless!
    • Up x 1
  10. FieldMarshall

Move it to turret slot.
    • Up x 5
  11. CapEnTrade

Wrong again bub.
    FACT: Aside from maxes and very very light armor it IS pretty much completely useless. That is what I've been saying because the stats and preformace say it very loud and very clear. You can not argue fact, that is very foolish.
  12. FillyFluttershy

Why should the Harasser became the Harassed? It's already lower on the food chain than every aircraft, well equipped infantry, and any competent tank. It's fragile and its only real advantage is speed. A scoped rifle negates any partial cover or range advantages as well. Making the easily spammable AMR strong against Harassers will basically make them extinct. RIP solo Harassing for sure if that happens. Not necessary.
  13. CapEnTrade

Even with the buffs it would be doing relatively little damage on hits that are actually made. Harassers would still see more threat from your standard small arms.

Point is it would not be totally worthless in some/more cases with the buffs and would work better for groups.
  14. HadesR

Well according to Reddit it's broken to the point of being OP ..

So no buffs needed :p
    • Up x 1
  15. JohnGalt36

You realize that typing in large, colored font doesn't make your opinion any more valid, right?
    • Up x 4
  16. Rogueghost

I only played with it for 10ish minutes, only killed 3 maxes, got a hate tell from each one ;_;
    • Up x 1
  17. Runegrace

Did none of you have pistols? Taking the AMR is going to relegate you to a support role to deal with a particular target. Stick near allies with your pistol out, set up AI turrets, throw ammo and rep ally MAXes, then swap to the AMR when you hear the stomping of an enemy MAX. I don't think this weapon is intended, at all, to be a kill-everything primary.
    • Up x 1
  18. CapEnTrade

I've addressed this many times in the past.

I'll often use larger or colored text because...
    1. It sticks out more and is easier to read for those lightly skimming or following along.
    2. It actually does stick better in the minds of those who read it, it makes you mentally put more emphasis on it/think more on it. This is helpful when trying to make clear points that I want to stick.
    3. I use it when people completely miss a fact or point I made previously in hopes that "this time it will stick."
  19. CapEnTrade

Oh "he'd" often be dead by the end of the encounter too, we'd just be mostly or all dead because they would often have a range advantage over pistols. Many times it was a heavy, and many times they would get the drop because we were what we though to be far enough or hidden enough away from the battle. Even with good observance defending yourself while using this weapon was not an easy task.
  20. JohnGalt36

Nope. It's just obnoxious and I tend to not read any of it.
    • Up x 3