Am I the only one ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

When reading the forums, I see many people complaining about performances in the last couple of months... Am I the only one not really experiencing any of the often mentionned issues on the forums ?

Poor hit detection ? The hit detection is not good and never was but while playing I can't say I feel it got worse recently. To me it's just the same it's been since I'm playing.
    FPS drops ? I mentionned it on differents threads but to me, I even had a massive FPS bump for some reason since the august patch (10 to 15 more FPS in some fights).
    Lags ? I'm playing on Miller and appart from the chaotic logging time we had just after the merge, I don't have any more lags since the merge. I'm always at a steady 60 to 80ms ping even in huge 96+/96+ bio labs fight. When I experience lags it's mostly on my end (cloud sync uploading something usually).

I'm still having a blast on this game and when I see how much some are complaining, I just want to know how many others are like me right now.

Oh and since some might ask :
    Intel i7 920 (1st gen, 2,66Ghz).
    GTX580 3Go x2 (SLI turned off).
    8Go of RAM.
  2. Goretzu

Hit detection is definately worse (or has been) from when it was at its best, it is not a recent thing though, it has been bad for months now.

The other stuff seems to be 6 and 2x3, except for general stability which seem to be up from its low and staying there.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bonom Denej

When was its best ? Release ? I've been playing for a year now and I can't say when it would have been the best during that time period.

I don't understand what you mean by "seems to be 6 and 2x3". T_T
  4. Cest7

So with your setup you can run into a 96+ vs 96+ and NOT have your game turn into a slideshow!?

Lucky you :(
  5. Bonom Denej

Yeah, right now I'm in Ultra settings (I just have shadow on high) and I can run a 96+/96+ at a steady 30 fps. Which were closer to the 20 fps before the august update.
  6. Catalyist

I keep thinking the same thing. Running a 3570k, gtx660 and 8gb ram.
    Aside from rare hit detection issues, I have nothing to complain about.

There is a thing called "silent majority"...
    Only comparatively few have problems and they are usally the ones posting here, not the players without issues.

I'd say most players are enjoying the game just fine.
  7. andy_m

I'm enjoying the game.

For much of the time everything runs fine. I'm not a good enough player to know what the Hit Detection issues are.

The main problem I encounter, from time to time, is the extreme increase in ping, from around 60~80 milliseconds to over 120 seconds. Sometimes it drops back to normal and other times I have to completely restart my computer (which suggests it's a problem with my PC).
  8. Alarox

Hit detection and hitching are definitely worse than they used to be. Frames are good though.
  9. Goretzu

Probably after the first optimisation pass, it has got worse since then, although recently is not the worst it has been IMO (a month or two ago was probably that) - this may be due to population drop however.

= same, although not always by exactly the same means.